envelope case for nexus 10

Search This thread

matika

Jan 10, 2008
just got my nexus 10 and wondering where to put it.
and i got a spare evouni envelope case for mba 11".
which also fits well with my nexus 10, though a liitle bit loose.

Attachments

• 20130215_165739.jpg
    20130215_165739.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 20130215_165716.jpg
    20130215_165716.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,042
  • 20130215_165559.jpg
    20130215_165559.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 992
  • 20130215_165759.jpg
    20130215_165759.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 969

Angel_yeh

Feb 19, 2013
Wow, it seems cool!Where did you get it? And what the material of it?
I’d like to get one too!

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
I would recommend this if you are wanting complete protection while in envelope

http://shop.tech21.uk.com/store/Pro...act-Slip-Leather-Case--Universal-Tablet-Large

There is some pretty sweet vids on YouTube of their D3O material

Edit
Much cheaper on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Prot...TF8&qid=1361374973&sr=8-3&keywords=D3O+tablet

Interesting. The Amazon listing says leather in the title, but refers to ballistic nylon and 3do in the description. If it's really the original leather and 3do case for $5 that's great. Anyone know? Also... How do the dimensions line up with the N10?

EDIT: see post #7 in this thread -- I got the case and was extremely disappointed. Not worth $5.

Last edited:

the_boo

Oct 30, 2012
I do t have this one... But I do have one of their cases for my iPhone 3gs and it is pretty indestructible.

Reactions: jonstrong

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
I do t have this one... But I do have one of their cases for my iPhone 3gs and it is pretty indestructible.

Yes -- I remember seeing the demo videos for Tech21 and d30. Very impressive stuff. This appears to be a great price. From what I can see, it looks like the long dimension would be about 1/2" longer than the Nexus 10, and the narrow dimension about 1" greater than the narrow dimension of the Nexus 10. The case is definitely a bit oversized. However if it's leather, with two layers of d30, it would be a pretty fantastic case / sleeve for $5... :)

Edit: I searched some more, and it appears that the same d3o case is being sold on different sites anywhere from $5 to $45. For $5 including shipping, I figured it's worth a risk. If it's leather with d3o that will be a fantastic deal. If it's ballistic nylon with d3o then it's still a good deal. Already shipped. I should have it next week. Really curious!

Last edited:

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
Yes -- I remember seeing the demo videos for Tech21 and d30. Very impressive stuff. This appears to be a great price. From what I can see, it looks like the long dimension would be about 1/2" longer than the Nexus 10, and the narrow dimension about 1" greater than the narrow dimension of the Nexus 10. The case is definitely a bit oversized. However if it's leather, with two layers of d30, it would be a pretty fantastic case / sleeve for $5... :)

Edit: I searched some more, and it appears that the same d3o case is being sold on different sites anywhere from $5 to $45. For $5 including shipping, I figured it's worth a risk. If it's leather with d3o that will be a fantastic deal. If it's ballistic nylon with d3o then it's still a good deal. Already shipped. I should have it next week. Really curious!

Ugh... Just received it. Very disappointing. I really like Tech21 cases and D3O, but this case seems like a poor imitation. There's orange fabric inside, but it's loose and wrinkled, and it seems that there's no D3O under the fabric. Bad production run? Fake? Defective D3O that dried up? No idea, but I recommend against getting this. Also: despite the measurements, the Nexus 10 does NOT fit in this case.

Total waste. :(

... beamed from my Nexus 10 to your planet

Jadefalkon

Nov 10, 2011
Ugh... Just received it. Very disappointing. I really like Tech21 cases and D3O, but this case seems like a poor imitation. There's orange fabric inside, but it's loose and wrinkled, and it seems that there's no D3O under the fabric. Bad production run? Fake? Defective D3O that dried up? No idea, but I recommend against getting this. Also: despite the measurements, the Nexus 10 does NOT fit in this case.

Oh well, I guess no need to look forward to receiving the package I ordered one Friday. Thought it would be a nice sleeve since I plan on keeping it naked in the house, guess I'll get one from SFbag.

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
What about some of the cases on etsy.com? Handmade and seems fairly well made.

Yes - quite a variety on Etsy and some of them look very nice. Comparing with SFBags and Waterfield Designs -- if I were opting for a high quality sleeve, I'd lean toward the Waterfield Designs products from SFBags for a couple of reasons:

- The sleeves are explicitly made and sized precisely for the Nexus 10. Most of the sleeves on Etsy state that they are for "Nexus 10 or iPad", which leads me to believe that they're either wrong, or the sleeves are only an approximate fit. The Waterfield sleeves are designed specifically to be just snug enough so the tablet doesn't fall out, but not so tight that the N10 is difficult to remove -- they illustrate this well in the videos on the website.

- The Waterfield sleeves include dense padding, along with a rigid screen protector under the padding and fabric. It doesn't come in contact with your Nexus 10, but it helps protect the screen from shock when it's in the case. Seems like better protection to me.

After that, it comes down to personal preference, design, materials and price.

Jadefalkon

Nov 10, 2011

I received mine today and I got a folio case for a Galaxy tab 10.1 from tmobile lol.. The funny thing is I wish it was for the Nexus as its a very nice case. Its not worth the hassle of contacting Amazon about it but I'm guessing the seller is counting on people thinking that way.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

jonstrong

Jan 20, 2012
www.jonathanrstrong.com
I received mine today and I got a folio case for a Galaxy tab 10.1 from tmobile lol.. The funny thing is I wish it was for the Nexus as its a very nice case. Its not worth the hassle of contacting Amazon about it but I'm guessing the seller is counting on people thinking that way.

The more closely I looked at what I received, the clearer it was that the vendor misrepresented what he was selling. I was annoyed enough to write a review, post some pictures at Amazon, and also file a complaint. Interestingly enough, the seller contacted me within 48 hours and put in for a full refund (all of $5), which Amazon confirmed the next day.

Here's a link to the review I posted on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Prot...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

In contrast, I also purchased the Moko Slim Fit multi-angle case -- NOT the "PU Leather" version for $6, but I found they sell a true/genuine leather version for $21 -- with zero cost for 2 day shipping if you have Prime (I love Prime!). Anyway - the Moko genuine leather case is excellent. Fits perfectly, doesn't obstruct anything, very nicely finished and looks great. Ieave it on day and night -- and love it.Here's a link to the product:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUP04ZG/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...and here's a link to my review on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R9IDH8WNE1Q06/ref=cm_cr_ryp_cmt?ie=UTF8&channel=ryp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.