[Q] Change nabvar size on CM11

Search This thread

Jerber

Jun 6, 2013
I would like to know how to change the navbar size, 34-36 dpi will be nice!, Im on official CM11 (I got the update about 2 days)

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
If you really need to get this done on ART, or doesn't want to use Xposed, just PM me and I'll do the mod for you. It's a simple framework-res mod that I've always been doing for myself.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ crSimple

Jerber

Jun 6, 2013
I had a insane battery drain on 4.3 with Xposed (official CM), so, I'm not sure if I should try, I don't want to have any problem, maybe I should try the framework mod

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I had a insane battery drain on 4.3 with Xposed (official CM), so, I'm not sure if I should try, I don't want to have any problem, maybe I should try the framework mod

Just send your /system/framework/framework-res.apk to GeForce8800Ultra [at] gmail [dot] com. PM me when you have sent it, and I'll handle the mod for ya. I'm in the final exam week, so you can expect to see it finished by Friday.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11

Jerber

Jun 6, 2013
Here you have!

PD: Somebody knows how to fix this? (the red squares)

Attachments

• Frame.rar
    7.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 2.png
    2.png
    110.9 KB · Views: 255
  • SystemUI.rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

freemsk1

May 8, 2008
Is there a guide somewhere on how I could modify framework-res myself?
Thanks in advance

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Thanks in advance

1) Decompile using apktool or any tool you like (I prefer APKChanger)
2) Edit /res/values/dimens.xml, change the bold numbers in these lines to the DPI you want:
Code:
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_height">[B]48[/B].0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape">[B]48[/B].0dip</dimen>
    <dimen name="navigation_bar_width">[B]42[/B].0dip</dimen>
3) Recompile. Now you have the original file and the compiled one. Open both with WinRAR, drag the "resources.arsc" from the compiled one to the original one.

Done. The end result is the original framework-res.apk. Replace it in /system/framework/ (pay attention to permissions: rw-r--r--, 0755), reboot and all done.
Keep in mind that whenever you update your ROM, you have to modify the new ROM's framework-res again.

As for making it into a flashable ZIP... I use a pre-cooked template but you can do it with other tools.

bexol

Jan 24, 2013
I had good results and no conflicts on CM11with Xblast tools on the Xposed framework. It seems to have a lighter touch than gravity for.

Just in case you don't want to mess with the files yourself.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I had good results and no conflicts on CM11with Xblast tools on the Xposed framework. It seems to have a lighter touch than gravity for.

Just in case you don't want to mess with the files yourself.

1) for people who has had problems with Xposed (like OP author)
2) for people who loves ART
3) for people who just hates Xposed and any 3rd-party additions (me :D)

Sent from Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE @ CM11

GuySmily

Jun 11, 2010
Just installed cm11 on my note 3. This worked perfectly. It's nice to be able to do a mod like this without installing apps and other junk. Thanks AndyYan!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks in advance

1) Decompile using apktool or any tool you like (I prefer APKChanger)
    2) Edit /res/values/dimens.xml, change the bold numbers in these lines to the DPI you want:
    Code:
        <dimen name="navigation_bar_height">[B]48[/B].0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="navigation_bar_height_landscape">[B]48[/B].0dip</dimen>
        <dimen name="navigation_bar_width">[B]42[/B].0dip</dimen>
    3) Recompile. Now you have the original file and the compiled one. Open both with WinRAR, drag the "resources.arsc" from the compiled one to the original one.

Done. The end result is the original framework-res.apk. Replace it in /system/framework/ (pay attention to permissions: rw-r--r--, 0755), reboot and all done.
    Keep in mind that whenever you update your ROM, you have to modify the new ROM's framework-res again.

As for making it into a flashable ZIP... I use a pre-cooked template but you can do it with other tools.