Screwed Up Need Help URGENT

Search This thread

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
There is an RUU for the AT&T Variant online. I used it to restore my M8 back to stock. There is a link here, you just got to look for it.

Again ????

Do you really read that OP has a VODAP M8 and you suggest to use AT&T RUU .. the same case as before that you suggest the same AT&T RUU for a TELUS M8 :confused::confused:

Read man ... read OP ... many many times when your fingers get itchy to write something.

Another thing I always wonder why these people with AT&T like to hang around in Int'l GSM forum instead their own AT&T forum here : http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8

You guys can help those needy in AT&T ... don't create confusion to the newbies on Intl GSM forum ... please :eek:
Unless you're a noob yourself then I have nothing else to say

Last edited:

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
No you need to PM the guy with the mkfs file and fix that first.

Gawsh i'm lost, i've done everything right but when it comes to the mount /data the console says

mount: mounting /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata on /data failed:
Invalid argument
On an external website it says;

How Do I Recognise The Problem?

When trying to mount the DATA partition from inside the custom recovery using the mount /data command you will most likely see this output: mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p37 on /data failed: Invalid argument

To be 100% sure you can check filesystem structure with the following command: /sbin/e2fsck -n -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p37

When I type /sbin/e2fsck -n -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p37 it comes up with;

~ # /sbin/e2fsck -n -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
/sbin/e2fsck -n -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p37
e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
Pass 1: Checking inodes, blocks, and sizes
Pass 2: Checking directory structure
Pass 3: Checking directory connectivity
Pass 4: Checking reference counts
Pass 5: Checking group summary information
/dev/block/mmcblk0p37: 11/6400 files (9.1% non-contiguous), 1233/6400 blocks

Does this make any sense?

jarrodli2

Aug 24, 2014
Sydney
:victory: FINALLY Fixed my phone (took me long enough), but to no avail I downloaded the latest snapshot of cm11 which i think ill change to viperone (soz cm11). Many thanks to those who helped me and a BIG thank you to Mr Hofs for being there in times of agony and pain. I'm soon going to post a thread to how to solve fixing your m8 after wiping the system :silly:. This Thread Is Now Closed! :highfive:

Reactions: Oditius and Mr Hofs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is an RUU for the AT&T Variant online. I used it to restore my M8 back to stock. There is a link here, you just got to look for it.

Again ????

Do you really read that OP has a VODAP M8 and you suggest to use AT&T RUU .. the same case as before that you suggest the same AT&T RUU for a TELUS M8 :confused::confused:

Read man ... read OP ... many many times when your fingers get itchy to write something.

Another thing I always wonder why these people with AT&T like to hang around in Int'l GSM forum instead their own AT&T forum here : http://xdaforums.com/att-htc-one-m8

You guys can help those needy in AT&T ... don't create confusion to the newbies on Intl GSM forum ... please :eek:
    Unless you're a noob yourself then I have nothing else to say
    :victory: FINALLY Fixed my phone (took me long enough), but to no avail I downloaded the latest snapshot of cm11 which i think ill change to viperone (soz cm11). Many thanks to those who helped me and a BIG thank you to Mr Hofs for being there in times of agony and pain. I'm soon going to post a thread to how to solve fixing your m8 after wiping the system :silly:. This Thread Is Now Closed! :highfive:
    NEVER do anything until you got the correct files. Who says there is a RUU ? we need info.....

Post the outcome of :

Fastboot getvar all (and del the IMEI & SERIAL)

Can you enter the bootloader and the recovery ?
    Cool. The easiest way is to unlock the bootloader, load a rom.zip (preferably) a sense 6 (close to stock rom like arhd or maximus) and perform a full wipe in the recovery and install the rom.zip via the recovery (external sd)

See if there are any errors in this process
    Was it a complete gpe or just a Rom? Also if Roms are failing to install get the sdcard from the phone and use a card reader...then put the zip on it and flash it..normally a boot.img fastboot should be flashed without problems