[ROM][LINARO][29/09/13][4.3]-SentinelROM v5.00-CM10.2 Source - Fast, Stable[GPL]

Search This thread

asweiler

Aug 15, 2012
Re: [ROM] [28/01/13] - SentinelROM v3.00 - CM10.1 Base - Fast, Stable, Themed

No lag at all it works so damn well on the Nexus 10 it's ridiculous

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

S*** if it's a server related thing I already have that covered I have two servers one is at home and another is my web server that I have hosted for me on a super powerful data center. Although I think you going with something like rom manager or any other 1 of those update urs would be the good way to go

Last edited:

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
S*** if it's a server related thing I already have that covered I have two servers one is at home and another is my web server that I have hosted for me on a super powerful data center. Although I think you going with something like rom manager or any other 1 of those update urs would be the good way to go

I have a web server too, but i don't really want to pay for the bandwidth for people to download my ROMs, especially when hardly anyone donates to devs these days.

That's why I'm hosting my ROMs on Dev-Host. Its free and fast. The downside is you don't get a direct link you can use to point an OTA engine to.

asweiler

Aug 15, 2012
I have a web server too, but i don't really want to pay for the bandwidth for people to download my ROMs, especially when hardly anyone donates to devs these days.

That's why I'm hosting my ROMs on Dev-Host. Its free and fast. The downside is you don't get a direct link you can use to point an OTA engine to.

Well I have unlimited bandwidth (thanks to NFOServers.com), so that is not even an issue for me. If you want, I would be honored to be your file host for the OTA as well as the download link on the original post.

P.S. I am starting to make an little video guide on how to install this ROM with 100% no issues for fun. I am just doing it because of the "silly" questions that have been asked already. I bet you after this video guide, you will have far less questions like the ones that have issues with installing the ROM from v2.0, v2.10, or from another ROM. If you think it is not worth the time, let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sentinel196

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
Well I have unlimited bandwidth (thanks to NFOServers.com), so that is not even an issue for me. If you want, I would be honored to be your file host for the OTA as well as the download link on the original post.

P.S. I am starting to make an little video guide on how to install this ROM with 100% no issues for fun. I am just doing it because of the "silly" questions that have been asked already. I bet you after this video guide, you will have far less questions like the ones that have issues with installing the ROM from v2.0, v2.10, or from another ROM. If you think it is not worth the time, let me know.

I'd rather have control of my own files, but thanks heaps for the offer :)

As for the video, I think a 3rd party video always carries more weight than a video by the developer, so it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S I was going to record a video myself on the weekend, but I have a shaved head and bandages from surgery so I thought I'd be better to wait till I look less scary! lol

asweiler

Aug 15, 2012
I'd rather have control of my own files, but thanks heaps for the offer :)

As for the video, I think a 3rd party video always carries more weight than a video by the developer, so it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

P.S I was going to record a video myself on the weekend, but I have a shaved head and bandages from surgery so I thought I'd be better to wait till I look less scary! lol

Well you would have access to all of your files. Hell with the FTP info I would give you, you would have access to the whole web server. Hell you can even have something like SentinelROM.com hosted on my web server as well since I can host unlimited domains as well. All the while you would have full control of it all and god knows I would have no intentions of ever touching it. Although I guess I could see how you could feel a little insecure so I understand. I know I can trust you to not mess with anything, so the offer stands if you ever want to.

I will get started on the video guide tonight to tomorrow (as it is 10:43PM right now). So it should be done in about 24 hours or less.

asweiler

Aug 15, 2012

Awe come on now what's the fun in not getting carried away?

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
I managed to compile CM10.1 from source today. I'll test it when I get home and see if it works. If it does, I can get to making my mods in source and creating my own base, rather than compiling, modding and recompiling :)

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010

Well my first ever compiled ROM from source worked and I've managed to sync up with github. Now I have to read through all the CyanogenMod licence ans copyright info to make sure I don't upset anyone, then I can start modifying, tweaking and compiling my own SentinelROM builds from CM source.

Sent from my EndeavorU using xda premium

asweiler

Aug 15, 2012
Well my first ever compiled ROM from source worked and I've managed to sync up with github. Now I have to read through all the CyanogenMod licence ans copyright info to make sure I don't upset anyone, then I can start modifying, tweaking and compiling my own SentinelROM builds from CM source.

Sounds like you are having tons of fun there. Enjoy the mass amount of reading ahead of you.

Your biggest fan,
Aaron

asweiler

Aug 15, 2012
I had hell making an video so I am now starting the work on a text + images guide to installing this godlike ROM now :D

Here is the guide so far, let me know what you think of it

How to install Sentinal ROM - First note that if you are updating from an older Sentinal ROM, you do not have to format/wipe System/Data/Cache unless you have issues.

First you want to get in to your custom recovery. If you do not know how, you just hold the sleep & both volume buttons until you see the bootloader and then use the volume down button (the button furthest to the right when you are holding it in landscape mode with the sleep button facing up) until you see Recovery on the left in red. Then hit the sleep button to choose it and it will reboot in to Recovery for you.
Note: If you are coming from an older version of Sentinel ROM or another ROM that has an option to go to Recovery from the Power Menu, you can do that too. It is a lot easier.

Next you want to format/wipe System, Data, and Cache (most of the time you do not have to format System, it is just to be super sure everything goes well).
---> Warning: If you format the /system and or /data folder, you will lose a lot of stuff you might have wanted to keep such as backups. So be sure to download all that you want backed up to your computer before doing this!
^^ (Skip this if you are updating from an older version of Sentinel ROM unless you really want to start fresh) ^^

Now we want to install the ROM first, then gapps-jb-20121212-signed.zip.

After that you want to Wipe Cache and then Dalvik Cache

Finally, reboot and enjoy the hell out of this amazing ROM!

Last edited:

lucky13

Oct 3, 2007

Settings>themes causes settings to fc. Didn't know if it was a known issue but throwing it out there. Otherwise awesome ROM, loving it so far.

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010

Thanks for the feedback, I can't reproduce that issue though. Can you please try erasing your cache and falcon cache through recovery and seeing if you still have the issue?

lucky13

Oct 3, 2007

Thanks for the feedback, I can't reproduce that issue though. Can you please try erasing your cache and falcon cache through recovery and seeing if you still have the issue?

I reflashed clean again, problems are gone. All good!

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
That's great news. Let me know how you find it after you've lived with it for a while.

If you're finding you want a bit more gaming performance, I also recommend flashing KTManta kernel as it will give you a significant boost. :)

Sentinel196

Mar 24, 2010
You're most welcome.

The next version will be exciting because the ROM and Kernel will both be compiled from source by me, rather than decompiled and modified, which means it will be faster still.

I'm also just about done writing a program and database for OTA updates!

I'm just securing some better file hosting and doing some final testing now.

Remember to follow SentinelROM on facebook for all the latest news and discussions, and don't forget the thanks button on the OP :)

Reactions: Max128

asweiler

Aug 15, 2012

Seriously dude when it comes to file hosting do you have to at least give a 2 day trial with NFOServers.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    sentinelrom.png

Welcome to SentinelROM for Nexus 10. Based on CM10.2. Android 4.3

main.png

This ROM is based on CyanogenMod 10.2 with all the features you get in a CM10.2 ROM, plus the following features.
    • Compiled with Linaro toolchain for enhanced performance.
    • Aroma Installer for additional tweaks and options
    • Zip Aligned
    • Compiled from latest CyanogenMod 10.2 source
    • Improved Web Browsing performance
    • Improved 3D gaming performance
    • Improved battery life
    • Additional theming and UI customisation
    • FAST support via this page and our Facebook Page

details.png

This ROM has been built to enhance the CyanogenMod 10.2 experience, with faster gaming and web browsing performance (no choppyness in Chrome too!).

Countless hours have been spent making tweaks to settings to squeeze the most performance I can find out of this ROM while still providing excellent battery life and without the dangers of overclocking and kernel level tweaking.

I compile this ROM and Kernel from the latest CyanogenMod source code, add my various tweaks and adjustments, then test for stability, so you get all the benefits of CyanogenMod 10.2, plus my tweaks and extras, all without the instability and inconvenience of flashing CyanogenMod nightlies (which are not designed specifically for the Nexus 10 like my ROM is.

The kernel source is available from the CyanogenMod's GitHub.

screenshots.png

about.png

pie.png

bugs.png

None that I am aware of. Please report any issues in this thread or on the Facebook page.

Note: On CM10.1 ROMs, to access the internal SD card on your device via USB on your PC, please go to "Settings" - "About Tablet" and tap on "Build Number" repeatedly to unlock "Developer Options". Now go to "Developer Options" and enable "Android Debugging".

installation.png

If installing for the first time:

To install this ROM you will need to have an unlocked bootloader and a custom Recovery such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod installed (personally I recommend TWRP, I have had issues with restoring backups using CWM). If you haven't yet unlocked your bootloader and installed a custom recovery, I recommend downloading and installing the Nexus 10 Toolkit.

1. Copy the downloaded SentinelROM zip to your Internal Storage.
    2. Boot into your custom recovery
    3. Back up your stock ROM
    4. Factory Reset and wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    5. Wipe System Partition
    6. Install the ROM
    7. Install GAPPS
    8. Reboot. First boot can take up to 5 minutes.

Important: CyanogenMod statics is switched off by default in this ROM. After installation you will be asked if you want to turn it on, please leave it off.

Note: Use of titanium backup to restore apps and data from another ROM is not recommended, and is the source of 90% of user issues, especially when it comes to battery life. Do so at your own risk.

titaniumbackup.jpg

You may flash other kernels as you wish via recovery. Remember to also flash the correct libraries for any 3rd party kernels.Instructions will be given by the Kernel author. NOTE: Updating the ROM via OTA will also overwrite any custom Kernels you have installed.

credits.png

• Thanks very much to all those who have answered my questions through the process of creating my own ROM, you know who you are.
    • CyanogenMod for their outstanding work. Full credit to them for the bulk of this ROM.
    • The Linaro team for their amazing toolchain.

downloads.png

29/09/13:
    SentinelROM v5.00 - ROM and Kernel compiled with Linaro from CyanogenMod 10.2 source

Choose from an increasing range of Premium Themes for SentinelROM here.

Please don't forget to hit the Thanks button too :)

GAPPS
    http://goo.im/gapps >Check the lastest package available on top
    MD5Sum: check the md5 of the files before flashing it

Other Kernels
    For extreme performance, give KTManta Kernel by ktoonsez a go. It improves gaming performance significantly, but your device will get quite hot.
    I'm going to do some more testing and may include it in later builds.

faqs.png

Please visit my FAQ's page before asking questions in the thread. Chances are the answer is already there! I'm always happy to help out with any other questions.

mods.png

NOTE: Unless otherwise stated, the following mods are developed by SentinelROM users and therefore I can only offer limited support for problems caused by using them.

Tablet UI for SentinelROM v4.70 - Kindly donated by SentinelROM user brGabriel - Flash via Recovery. To restore to stock, reflash SentinelROM and wipe cache.

I hope you enjoy my ROM. If you do, please consider a donation to the CyanogenMod team. If you really like my build, please consider a donation to me as well. Donations go towards flowers for my wife so she lets me keep developing, and of course, additional devices so I can add to my list of supported devices.

As always, you flash my ROM at your own risk. By unlocking your bootloader and flashing any custom ROM, you are potentially voiding your warranty. I'm in no way responsible for any damage to your device caused by flashing this ROM or any other tweaks/mods discussed in the following posts.
    changelog.png

New development, announcements and pipeline work will be posted on our Facebook page, so be sure to 'like' us if you like SentinelROM :)

29/09/2013:-
    v5.00 -
    *Compiled with new Linaro toolchain v4.8 for a further performance boost.
    *Updated to latest Mali graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
    *Updated to latest CM10.2 source (Android 4.3)
    *Adds all the latest CM features.

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.

26/06/2013:-
    v4.80 -
    *Compiled with new Linaro toolchain v4.8 for a further performance boost.
    *Updated to latest Mali graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
    *Updated to latest CM10.1 source (Android 4.2.2)
    *Adds all the latest CM features.

[NOTE: You must wipe your System and Dalvik caches after upgrading. GAPPS Must be re-installed after updating. Please view the instructions here.
    Updated TabletUI for SentinelROM v4.60

Here ya go, gents! Freshly updated TabletUI patch for SentinelROM v4.60 as a token of my appreciation for Sentinel196's hard work on the ROM.

DP68kM7.jpg

Download Link: SentinelROM_v4_60-tabletUI.zip

Once again, this mod is presented "As is". I cannot take requests for additional theming, tweaking, twerking, or "dropping it like its hot". ;)
    SentinelROM v4.60 is here!

This update includes new Mali graphics drivers, as well as some other improvements and fixes:

22/05/2013:-
    v4.60 -
    *Compiled with Linaro toolchain for a huge performance boost.
    *Updated to latest Maki graphics drivers for improved performance and stability.
    *Updated to latest CM10.1 source (Android 4.2.2)
    *Fixes to Camera
    *Fixes to Apollo
    *Fixes to Clock

Enjoy!
    There’s a lot of hype in the XDA forums recently around Linaro Toolchain.

Linaro Toolchain is used when compiling a ROM and supposedly gives large performance increases over ROMs which are compiled in the traditional manner.

I decided to put it to the test by recompiling my existing SentinelROM v4.40 source code for Nexus 10 using the Linaro Toolchain, then running a series of tests using the standard ROM and kernel, as well as the ROM and kernel compiled with Linaro.

See the results here in this video, all filmed in one take.