[Q] No OS installed, stuck on HTC load screen

Search This thread

azbigmike1369

Aug 2, 2011
Pittsburgh
Hey everyone. I know I totally screwed up. So I got my Phone today. HTC One from Sprint. I went to unlock bootloader. Success, but when I went to install a custom rom I went to do a wipe, I guess I wiped the wrong thing. So now I don't have a OS, and stuck in TWRP because it won't load. Is there a way to push the rom to the phone and install from there? Or do I need a RUU? Or best bet is try to get a new phone?

beforedenied

Feb 21, 2011
Santa Rosa
Bummer bro. All I can say is I hope your phone is nearly out of battery. Mine did this last night, just gotta wait until it dies, then press the power button while holding the volume down key. Don't screw this up, you only got one chance, then you have to let it die again. Haha non-removable battery problems. :/ lol

Totally didn't read your post correctly. You can flash the OTG (On the Go) comparable recovery using the adb and then put a ROM on a flashdrive and use an OTG cable to connect the usb drive to your phone and flash the rom

Sent from my M7 using xda premium

Last edited:

tmaspoopdek

Nov 3, 2012
I'm not 100% sure if this is available on TWRP, but I know in CWM you can flash from sideload. If there's an option for that, just plug your phone into your computer, select it, and run adb sideload <file>.

Cryosx

Jul 19, 2010
You could always use one of the RUUs to go back to stock, but you'll have to unlock again.

GhostSoldier_US

Jan 4, 2011
Winder
Hey everyone. I know I totally screwed up. So I got my Phone today. HTC One from Sprint. I went to unlock bootloader. Success, but when I went to install a custom rom I went to do a wipe, I guess I wiped the wrong thing. So now I don't have a OS, and stuck in TWRP because it won't load. Is there a way to push the rom to the phone and install from there? Or do I need a RUU? Or best bet is try to get a new phone?

Hey man i went throught the same problem about a week ago you need to get one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005QX7KYU/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
You plug it in your phone while youre in recovery and have a flash drive with a rom on it and goto in stall a rom and select the otg storage and install your rom problem solved. :D Good luck

ErikEduardo

Jun 13, 2013
Denver

Did you ever fix your phone?

carl31

Jul 6, 2016
htc one got no os

hi i hope sumone can help me im have the same thing i have no os on my htc and cant get it back on plz help..thanks#

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
hi i hope sumone can help me im have the same thing i have no os on my htc and cant get it back on plz help..thanks#

Can you please post a litle more info about your phone?

• What happened to your phone
  • Is there a custom recovery installed? If yes which one (name + version) ?
  • Post the output of "fastboot getvar all" (hide your imei and sn)