[ROM][AOSP] [Nightly/Release] CarbonRom JB [jfltexx]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CarbonROM

Mar 30, 2013
carbonrom.org
About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
screen2s.jpg
screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
screen5s.jpg
screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
screen8s.jpg
screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
There you are, I asked for a thread on your Google+ about an hour ago and here you are.
The latest nightly runs like a dream and haven't found any issues.
Strongly recommend it.

Skickat från min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: Bejda

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
Today I become my s4 as phone for work and today comes carbon :) this is a sign:p

Tapatalk Nexus 4

GhiGo65

Sep 30, 2012
I was waiting for this.... :thumbup:

Best rom for my gs3 (now on my wife hands) and now i can flash on my new s4.
Thanks

Lucius1972

May 6, 2010
Hi CarbonDev,
Thx for bringing this to the 9505.
Glad to see another awesome Rom hitting S4!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Meowdib

Apr 23, 2011
Lenovo ThinkPhone (by Motorola)
This is probably the best ROM I have ever installed. I haven't found anything that is not working. I downloaded the T-Mobile version, thank you very much. SOOOOOOOO many options. I have it blacked out. Carbon team is doing a phenomenal job. This will be my daily driver.

The developers went out of their way making this, truly a unique ROM. Down to the wallpapers, everything is beautiful.

port76

Jan 25, 2011
Do I need to flash a gapps package on top of this rom?:D:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda premium

chris264

Apr 10, 2012
Good morning,

my favorite Rome thinks finite for the S4.

Find I the Gapps a question where?

Nice greetings

evodon84

Aug 7, 2010
San Diego
Sweet baby Jesus. I've been running Carbon nightlies on my jflteatt for the past two weeks and it's super awesome. Can't recommend it enough. Are you guys gonna create a thread over in the att section?

mobile

Rixsta

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2010
Nottingham
I get creating simlinks...set perm ...then is says failed, then status 7 error ?

Anyone know why ?

Edit 6th attempt it worked lol

Last edited:

MadCobbler

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Jun 27, 2009
Sheffield
I get creating simlinks...set perm ...then is says failed, then status 7 error ?

Anyone know why ?

Edit 6th attempt it worked lol

Try latest philz recovery or official CWM (Thats what I use ;)) and you shouldn't have the status 7 error. The older recoveries were getting stuck on the format system command in the updater-script and you have to try a few times to get it to work... hence why it worked on your 6th attempt, but the newer recoveries are now fixed so the status 7 error doesn't happen now... or it shouldn't ;)

Edit: Nice to see you guys here too...

Reactions: Bejda and omid900

sebfar

Sep 14, 2007
I don't have gps with the latest nightlies.. :(

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk 4 Beta

yurividal

May 3, 2008
London
Hello guys. My i9505 is arriving next week. I will install Carbon immediately, since i already use it for 4 months on my i9300. I was wondering, how did you guys root your i9505?? I read that Cf-Auto-Root could have some issues with AOSP ROMs... Is that true? Or can i root it using Cf-Auto-Root??

Tylog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 4, 2013
I have my phone since yesterday, this morning I root with auto root, flash recovery, flash carbon, no problems.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk 2

jaba_cz

Jan 2, 2008
Prague
CM 10.1 call issue

I understand, that this ROM is based on CM hardware layer. Does it inherit the "CM call issue" when usually 50/50 you have no sound in call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

I am new Maintainer for jfltexx i'll hope you guys can see 4.4 Official nightlies soon.
    KitKat Nightlies Out : Carbon Downlaod Page...
    version 1.8 is coming up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
    dear friends last night and 4.3 can someone confirm that you can use as everyday thanks I have to leave for the holidays and I would like to s4 100% excellent
    Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

yes i use 4.3 daily :)