Search This thread

rasel800

Guys,

This is killing me. Any idea?

uploadfromtaptalk1380575449779.jpg

Last edited:

MohJee

Nov 3, 2012
It has camera in the name so that may be a hint. Do you have any apps that use the camera? Try rebooting or factory resetting the phone.

XooLoo

Jun 15, 2012
The same is happening to me... I have the same exact apps I had on my Note II & GS 4 as I now have on my Note 3, and I had never seen this process let alone seeing it drain the battery...

XooLoo

Jun 15, 2012
Thanks, rasel800. After I posted here last night, I too noticed the Yahoo Voice & Audio Plugin was running & even though I have had it forever I figured it shouldn't be running at the moment. It was the only thing I could think of that may have been contributing, so went ahead and uninstalled. Sure enough the problem went away. Now seeing your post confirms that which is great. Thank you!

Skyrichard

Jan 19, 2011
san mateo ,california
Mm-qcamera-deamon process...

This is what I think about (mm-qcamera-deamon), i have some 3 days with my note 3(Verizon wireless) the 2 first days everything works well but for any reason yesterday (mm-qcamera-deamon) drain my battery 60% maybe on 3 hours, i read some comments about the yahoo plug in, and
I uninstall it, but the (mm-....) follow drain my battery, the last app installed before this problem is "xda premium":crying:, i don't know why the app is not working for me on my nexus 10,and now note 3, the relation between (xda app and mm-qcamera-deamon) is because I try change the picture on my perfil from xda app, but picture never change....... Now... i don't want say the xda app is the problem, i think any app when used the camera or gallery can make mistakes and follow try make the task. And is why the device is hot and the battery is down........ Just i hope can you understand this message my English y pour but i try, :good:

Pd. The xpd premium is not working for me.. Any idea?

Last edited:

Btbommer42

Oct 17, 2013
I'm having the same issue. Mine started after I downloaded liteflow, of all things. Uninstalled, but noticed the daemon showed as running every time I start the camera, but stops when I turn it on. I'm hopeful it's normal now, but I'm skeptical. Nothing online or in this forum has shown a solution, so I'm really worried! Help!

XooLoo

Jun 15, 2012
I'm having the same issue. Mine started after I downloaded liteflow, of all things. Uninstalled, but noticed the daemon showed as running every time I start the camera, but stops when I turn it on. I'm hopeful it's normal now, but I'm skeptical. Nothing online or in this forum has shown a solution, so I'm really worried! Help!

Once I uninstalled the Yahoo! Messenger's voice/video plugin, this went away...

KLRSKIR

Oct 21, 2013
StateCollege
Once I uninstalled the Yahoo! Messenger's voice/video plugin, this went away...
I have uninstalled the plugin and Yahoo messenger all together and the process contunies to run after several reboots. I have even uninstalled a few apps that were installed recently just to test. Any other ideas out there? The phone was fine for the first week and now this process is killing me.

Edit The issue did in fact stem from the Yahoo plug-in associated with Yahoo Messenger.

*After several hours the process was gone and the battery usage was back to normal.

Last edited:

alwynaman

May 26, 2008
Any1 found a solution for this Camera prob.??? My note3 camera is playing up. ..only temp solution is reboot. !
Hopeing to get solution patch/update from Samsung.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

ThePwnageKing

May 29, 2013
I just now started having this issue after i used Kingo to root my phone. but it wasnt until a couple days after that it popped up. i installed the xda app and changed over to a new SD card. could any of these trigger this behavior??

BlueBlazer23

Feb 19, 2013
Same here. Started after flashing Sabre kernel. Qcamera ate 20 percent battery in one hour. What a mess...

Wysyłane z mojego SM-N9005 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

jeugreg

Apr 13, 2008
Same here. Started after flashing Sabre kernel. Qcamera ate 20 percent battery in one hour. What a mess...

Wysyłane z mojego SM-N9005 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Same problem : I have a galaxy note 3 official ROM MJ7 in France.

I confirm that other app that use the camera can cause the problem.

When the process mm-qcamera-daemon is running, at maximum CPU usage, the battery becomes very hot ! For me, this is the signal to reboot the phone that I have purchased at the price of 750 € !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what this s......?

When this process is sticked, I add that the camera app (official one) doesn't work any more : in french : "L' application Camera s'est arrêtée"

slimslim

Oct 14, 2009
Uninstalling yahoo messenger video plugin solved it for me...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

loayfathy

Dec 18, 2013
I was facing same problem , after many hours in troubleshooting , I found that task killing apps are make camera daemon crash
stop using any task killing apps and uninstall it and problem will be solved and daemon will never crach again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have this issue try to search your phone for zero length image files and delete them. Then restart the device. I've found a 0 lenght jpeg under viber temp folder. I removed it and all worked fine after all.

Regards,
    Cina.
    I realized something, my Yahoo Messenger Video plugin was crashing and probably causing the battery drain.
    After uninstalling it, issue resolved. Hope it helps...
    Nexus 5 Battery drain

I had this problem for several days. Shifting to ART, clearing cache, rebooting to safe mode did not help.
    Removed skype and Instagram ,battery drain stopped. you can try removing these apps.
    Is this issue only in 4.3 or is it still there in 4.4.2

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @Obka 4.4.2 is great. There is no reason not to try it! ?

Sent from Note 3 Superphone!