[Q] Q: Save Camera Video/Pics to OTG USB as default

Search This thread

GigahurtzUK

Feb 24, 2011
Howdy

I have an LG G2 and would like to take a picture/video with the camera and have it save to the otg usb instead of internal memory.

Tried google but not much joy. I would like to use the default camera app as it can do 4k video but a third party app will do for pics.

Any help appreciated.

Reactions: DanC7766

shikhar623

Feb 18, 2013
Nba
Howdy

I have an LG G2 and would like to take a picture/video with the camera and have it save to the otg usb instead of internal memory.

Tried google but not much joy. I would like to use the default camera app as it can do 4k video but a third party app will do for pics.

Any help appreciated.

it depends whether ur Camera app allows you to save pics to ANY location. I expect you are on stock hence it depends upon it ROM.
If the destination directory for captured images is still hardcoded in the Camera app in this manner, your options are pretty limited:
1. Hack the operating system so that Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory
returns the physical SD Card path (thereby redirecting other data to the card,
too) without breaking anything
2. Write a new camera app that gives you the option of where to save
3. Download a camera app from the Market that gives you the option of where to
save
Option 3 sounds a little easier.

after searching a bit I stumbled upon this u should consider asking your question here. xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2298852

Last edited:
Reactions: GigahurtzUK

GigahurtzUK

Feb 24, 2011
Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will investigate the os hack but I am struggling to find a camera app that allows custom save location and video recording, some offer picture custom save destination but not video.

GigahurtzUK

Feb 24, 2011

lukelai

May 22, 2014
CAMERAOTG may satisfy your request.

Installed this. Is the intention to create a folder on the phone internal memory that is then mounted on the usb mounted memory? My head hurts abit. Lol

If set the default dcim folder to my otg usb memory will pics/video be saved there? I need to order an otg cable then.

Thanks for the advice.

You may able to try this APP, The video will be saving to USB OTG directly , if you plug in
Sometimes you don't plug in OTG disk , the video will be saved in internal memory automatically.
from description , the first priority is USB OTG rather than Internal memory.

url : play.google.com/store/search?q=cameraotg
or search 'CAMERAOTG' from playstore.

BotondMester

Nov 14, 2014
Senta
I might be a bit late, but i managed to record directly to otg usb flash drive with Chainfire's "Stickmount" app and with Cinema FV-5. Stickmount creates a mount folder in the phones sdcard folder and in Cinema FV-5 you can set the destination folder to be the mounted usb folder. Sounds complicated but its really easy :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy

Any help appreciated.
    Howdy

Any help appreciated.

it depends whether ur Camera app allows you to save pics to ANY location. I expect you are on stock hence it depends upon it ROM.
    If the destination directory for captured images is still hardcoded in the Camera app in this manner, your options are pretty limited:
    1. Hack the operating system so that Environment.getExternalStorageDirectory
    returns the physical SD Card path (thereby redirecting other data to the card,
    too) without breaking anything
    2. Write a new camera app that gives you the option of where to save
    3. Download a camera app from the Market that gives you the option of where to
    save
    Option 3 sounds a little easier.

after searching a bit I stumbled upon this u should consider asking your question here. xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2298852
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. I will investigate the os hack but I am struggling to find a camera app that allows custom save location and video recording, some offer picture custom save destination but not video.

try this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lidroid.fileexplorer.supermount
    ROOT required