[Q] Can't update OTA 4.4.3 w/rooted stock GPE

Search This thread

1337squirrel

May 22, 2010
Hi folks! I have a Galaxy S4 GPE, rooted and unlocked, but stock otherwise. When I try to run the OTA update for 4.4.3, the phone reboots into TeamWin recovery and appears to start installing. The install errors out though. Can I not install the OTA update because I'm rooted? If so, would reverting the rooting allow me to install? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

1337squirrel

May 22, 2010
Install Stock recovery and then try again

Is there a thread on how to do that? I seem to remember when I installed this recovery tool to root the phone, it wiped everything. Is it going to do that again? Because I don't want to have to keep wiping my phone every time a new Android update comes out just to be rooted.

Aamirx27

Feb 10, 2008
Srinagar

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Hi folks! I have a Galaxy S4 GPE, rooted and unlocked, but stock otherwise. When I try to run the OTA update for 4.4.3, the phone reboots into TeamWin recovery and appears to start installing. The install errors out though. Can I not install the OTA update because I'm rooted? If so, would reverting the rooting allow me to install? Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Follow this GUIDE (Method 1: Update Via Custom Recovery).

1337squirrel

May 22, 2010
Follow this GUIDE (Method 1: Update Via Custom Recovery).

I went through that method, and it's essentially the same thing, except that I'm downloading the actual update file myself and not letting Android handle it. Needless to say it didn't work. I also updated my TWRP to 2.7.1.0 and tried; no luck. I also uninstalled SuperSU to see if removing root would help. It didn't.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
I went through that method, and it's essentially the same thing, except that I'm downloading the actual update file myself and not letting Android handle it. Needless to say it didn't work. I also updated my TWRP to 2.7.1.0 and tried; no luck. I also uninstalled SuperSU to see if removing root would help. It didn't.
It's the problem of no read for be vague. It worked perfectly on the GPE of my sister. The update that appears in the website is ready for install it through custom recovery. Read all the guide:

Last edited: