Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Discussion

**Any and all discussion regarding the 5.0 Lollipop Developer Preview will only be allowed in this thread**

Rules of this thread:

• To keep confusion to a minimum, we are asking members to limit their discussion of 5.0 Lollipop to this thread only.
  • Limit discussion to talk about the release. Any and all off-topic discussion will not be tolerated.
  • Please follow the XDA Forum Rules. Search the thread before posting, be kind to one another, etc.
  • If you see a post that is violating Forum Rules, please use the report post tool and move along. There is no need to get involved.

Allowed threads regarding Android L
All threads not listed here will get closed immediately. If you think you have an idea of a thread that should be allowed as well, please report this OP and ask for it to be allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
9L8Ed.png

lol

Last edited:

haskida

Sep 13, 2010
just asking in prep for the factory system flash.

if i do fastboot flash on all the images EXCEPT userdata.img, i get to keep all my data correct?

thanks

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
Well, in my SDK manager, there's nothing new. Latest is 4.4.2. Reloaded multiple times. Reset my connection, used a different ISP. Nothing new. I guess we just have to wait? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash SuperSU, then fastboot flash this boot.img, then you have root.

hi click me

http://imgur.com/4tobGiF

EDIT: Gather round guys.

Lots of you are complaining that apps like titanium backup and helium are crashing or just not working. And the popular thing to do is complain that there is no /system write access, buuuut, there is system write access. I'll admit it, at first instinct I thought this was the case too. Upon further inspection, it looks like root app developers are going to need to the new security contexts when they run an elevated command. This will explain why some of your apps can write to system and some cannot. I know Root Explorer has been properly updated, for example. If you'd like to read up more, check this link out. Credit to @Chainfire for the bits n bolts.

Now that that's cleared up, here's a flo boot.img I don't have it, but the method was the same, give it a swing.
    Alright guys... we've been watching this thread for quite some time now, and what happens in here is completely unacceptable.

We've been discussing the matter in our mod team, and decided to close this thread for some time.
    There were/are posts in this thread breaking several forum rules, which is completely unacceptable. We are a forum for all ages, which means you should watch your language at least a bit. We were allowing this thread simply because it was obvious we'd need one, even though it was kinda a grey area. We in the Sony/Moto/LG section do not allow OT threads, which this one kinda is. All posts in here are either completely off topic, or simply just complaining. But guess what.... this doesn't bring the update any faster either.

And if you happen to have the genious idea of opening up a new thread or start spamming others, please don't do it, or else we have to take further action against you...

If you feel there is a need to discuss the matter, feel free to PM me or @El Daddy about it.
    Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Discussion

**Any and all discussion regarding the 5.0 Lollipop Developer Preview will only be allowed in this thread**

Rules of this thread:

• To keep confusion to a minimum, we are asking members to limit their discussion of 5.0 Lollipop to this thread only.
    • Limit discussion to talk about the release. Any and all off-topic discussion will not be tolerated.
    • Please follow the XDA Forum Rules. Search the thread before posting, be kind to one another, etc.
    • If you see a post that is violating Forum Rules, please use the report post tool and move along. There is no need to get involved.

Allowed threads regarding Android L
    All threads not listed here will get closed immediately. If you think you have an idea of a thread that should be allowed as well, please report this OP and ask for it to be allowed.
    Factory Image finaly!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    For Fluck's Sake!

Rising this morning to find yet more pages of tearful outrage I'm going to skip posting another of my word-salads of mockery and instead stoop to the banality of a 10-point list.

1. To the people complaining so bitterly that some other make, model, or region of phone might possibly get some semi-final build ahead of our Nexii - what were you like in 3rd grade? Are you still in 3rd grade?

2. The Moto-X is only just getting a soak test, not the "official release"!

3. The Moto-X soak test is limited only to the Pure Edition of the phone - a relatively small percentage of the actual number of Moto-Xs on the market.

4. There is an advisory that flashing this build on carrier editions could brick the phone!

5. Not even all Pure Edition owners are included in the soak test; it's limited to selected owners in their special "feedback group". As per point #4 I have no idea how flashing this image might affect the warranty of unauthorized testers. (Play Store Nexus warranties are completely unaffected by any builds, ROMs or kernels you choose to load on your devices.)

6. Motorola is vague on when any build will be pushed to non-Pure Editions. This, as we all know, is because each carrier must run their own "compatibility tests" and futz around with the delightful bloatware they so generously add to the OS. As we also know the carrier stage can take weeks (and weeks, and weeks) to complete! As we also know there is NO carrier stage for the Nexus 5.

7. LG - for God's sake, friggin' LG! is sending out a "final build" to their flagship device in a single country in Europe - and roughly a week from now! A fine & wonderful country Poland is, but it also appears to be a country that has lax restrictions from carriers & has been used in the past as a general soak test territory. While a a relatively large country, I'd wonder just how many G3s are actually in circulation there - this could be a relatively tight control group.

8. LG has made no concrete statements as to when this OS (custom skinned, of course!) will actually make its way to devices outside of wonderful, wonderful Poland. Once again, outside of Play Editions or "Pure Editions" each major carrier will take sweet, sweet time to work their magic before a build is actually released to the great unwashed.

9. HTC, who have taken steps to be completely transparent about updates (I urge you ALL to view http://www.htc.com/us/go/htc-software-updates-process/) report that their current flagship, the One M8 - including Unlocked & Developer Editions have not even begun the process "This device currently has KitKat, and is in the 0 - Evaluation stage of the Android Lollipop Release."

10. To those who think that Google would be forced/extorted/bullied to release a "final build" early to any device manufacturer specifically for wide release before the build is actually consumer-ready... are you 9 year-olds frustrated by 3rd grade?

I guess I can leave it at an even 10.

Bonus point (unnumbered): It is good that other manufacturers are trying shift to new builds as early as possible - good for the entire Android ecosystem, so be happy we're seeing signs of movement out there beyond our ever-special Nexii.

You are welcome.