[Q] Someone knows about root Samsung Galaxy R?

Search This thread

Google86

Oct 19, 2011
Spain, EU.
I managed to register in the chinese forum and I could see the image of the how-to i9103 root, basically what they do is to use ODIN and flash a .tar ( PDA)

M

m.kochan10

Me too, but I couldn't find root.tar package to download.

Google86

Oct 19, 2011
Spain, EU.
Me too, but I couldn't find root.tar package to download.

You need to confirm the email of the chinese forum , wait 10mins, and then make a post in that threat, and answer 2 questions in chineses ( 3+3) in my case and a captcha. I managed to to so using google translator haha.

I HAVE the root.tar is 8megabytes, but I'm not brave enough to flash it.

What do you think about flashing? Is it too dangerous isn't it? In the chinese post says 2.3.3. 2.3.5 I dont know exacly what that boot.img contains but we can brick it if is the wrong file and we dont have anything to restore but flashing the whole asian ROM lol.

Last edited:
M

m.kochan10

I saw you posting in the chinese post haha, you speak chinese very well haha

So now we both have the rooted kernel haha.

It's a pity that chinese and thais are more interested in R scene than EU devs but I think it's a matter of time.

Sorry I answered while you were editing your post. I totally agree. I'm not brave enough to try it if there's no available firmware to restore to the stock.

I know just few sentences in chinese ;) These were google transl. : "congratulations and best regards from Sweden my friends" :)

M

m.kochan10

Nope!
The method you mentioned requires flashing asian rooted firmware. Method we used /are goin to use is about flashing just a root-package without changing our firmware.

Last edited:

mrsaccess

Jul 19, 2010
www.andmarios.com
Hm, then perhaps when Google86 come online can share the tar file (I didn't manage to download it from the Chinese site you mentioned) and some basic steps in order to root the phone?

M

m.kochan10

You do it in exactly the same way. It's just a package that makes a difference (about 9 mb here).

M

m.kochan10

check your inbox :)

And you too wars045 :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The first site you linked is crap. All they did is get articles of the S2 and change that term for R.

However, I am cooperating with another person to build an insecure kernel for this device (well, to be fair, he is doing all of the work. I am only providing the info that he needs of the phone and trying out his theories). The thing is that we hope that in a near future we will be able to root the Galaxy R with the file we are making and an app called S2 Root, which allready supports our phone.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda premium
    can you say how did you managed to root your SGR?

I need root for apps not for ROMS.

Me too, one of my favorite is ROM manager ;)

First you need to know what is rooting.
    Simply it's an app that gives you access to system folders and all administrator (root) permissions. So there is no root for ROMs or apps, there is just root or no root. At this point there is only Korean or Taiwan ROM with root (super user app) inbuilt.
    But be careful first thing is to copy efs folder from system, and keep tht copy or few of them on your PC or some hard copy. This is a must since anything can be restored with reflashing but this. And this folder contains IMEI number and some other stuff, loosing them means that there will be no more calls and even more. It is possible to restore it but that costs a lot and special equipment is needed for that. So if you root first thing to do is copy efs folder to memory card...PC...

Second thing, do not do NV rebuild in "secret menu" this will delete gsm 3G...settings and you loose radio connection calls...data...
    So keep this in mind ;)
    Not everyone knows how much EFS folder is important, just read how many people lost it in SCS2 when they flashed CM ROM!
    And it's not me against the rest of the world?!?
    Just giving straight forward useful advice and explanation.
    So mister "knowitall", give us some kind of telepathic enlightenment so we (forum users) can quit.
    Hahahahahahahahahahaha just kidding sorry for sarcasm ;)
    you have europe FW ? send me