[Theme][EL30][FC09] Mysterious Beast v4.1 (6/28/12)

Search This thread

mis3

Oct 29, 2010
This theme is a port of an earlier theme... plenty of differences flash and find out... if you would have read the op you'd have seen he used some pngs from minimalistic...

I did read the op, which is where I saw how similar the screenshots are, and am well aware that used the pngs and gave credit. I also am well aware that this is a port of the froyo build, as I had the theme on my phone for several months during froyo. I don't know why you assumed I don't know this from my question, but unfortunately, your post adds nothing useful. So, unless someone else tries to be helpful, I can either flash and find out, as you suggested, or just pass.

If the op had posted your comments , I wouldn't have responded, as I know he spent a lot of time resurrecting a long requested theme, and after re-reading my post, it could sound like I am questioning the value of the theme, which I am not. I was just trying to decide if it's worth it for me to try it out. I guess I'll just pass.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

flastnoles11

Nov 16, 2011
Palm bay
OnePlus 9 Pro
I was just sayying it doesn't look to different because a lot of the same pngs are used... wasn't trying to be snotty... the way it sounded you wanted to know why a lot of the things looked the same, so I made the comment that some pngs from that theme were used here which is why they look the same... sorry if it came off different to you... on pain meds right now and my thoughts may not be quite coming out as I want...

samep

Dec 8, 2011
Oh please do the pink one! I have been working on one, but had a pretty bad accident a couple hours ago (not in a car) and broke both wrists, displaced some bones in my hand and cracked my elbow. Scheduled for surgery on the wrists and hand Tuesday and doubt I will be able to do anything for awhile... gonna be doped up on painkillers and still trying to take care of my daughter with no hands = no time for themeing...

I wish you God's Speed to recovery and for caring for your daughter uninhibited and sober!

God bless and keep you and yours safe and well, my friend!

mis3

Oct 29, 2010
I was just sayying it doesn't look to different because a lot of the same pngs are used... wasn't trying to be snotty... the way it sounded you wanted to know why a lot of the things looked the same, so I made the comment that some pngs from that theme were used here which is why they look the same... sorry if it came off different to you... on pain meds right now and my thoughts may not be quite coming out as I want...

No problem, we're good. We just both took comments the wrong way. Hope you get to feeling better.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Reactions: flastnoles11

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
Been rocking this for a few some time now and love it, thanks again for being so kind and porting it!

2 things I've noticed:

There's a .9.png issue in the focused background image of the Google search bar widget causing it to stretch. Not a big deal as I never use it, but figured I'd point it out anyway.

Also, the text box focus (such as the one I'm typing in on the XDA app lol) is black, so it is hard to see where exactly you have pressed on the screen if you were trying to, say, paste something. Again not too detrimental, but makes it hard to see the text you are trying to paste into.

Other than those 2 things everything looks amazing. I wonder, did I theme the in-call screen in the original Mysterious Beast? I can't remember if I did or not, but this one isn't themed so though I would point that out also.

Thanks again Nashdogg!!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Been rocking this for a few some time now and love it, thanks again for being so kind and porting it!

2 things I've noticed:

There's a .9.png issue in the focused background image of the Google search bar widget causing it to stretch. Not a big deal as I never use it, but figured I'd point it out anyway.

Also, the text box focus (such as the one I'm typing in on the XDA app lol) is black, so it is hard to see where exactly you have pressed on the screen if you were trying to, say, paste something. Again not too detrimental, but makes it hard to see the text you are trying to paste into.

Other than those 2 things everything looks amazing. I wonder, did I theme the in-call screen in the original Mysterious Beast? I can't remember if I did or not, but this one isn't themed so though I would point that out also.

Thanks again Nashdogg!!

Hmm, will have to take a look at that. The in call dialer, that's the phone.apk right thomas? I may have overlooked that. I do that sometimes, lol;)
Glad you like it and it was a pleasure working on it. Working on some things for emotionless beast as we speak but will take a look at those issues when I get a minute, thanks.

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
Hmm, will have to take a look at that. The in call dialer, that's the phone.apk right thomas? I may have overlooked that. I do that sometimes, lol;)
Glad you like it and it was a pleasure working on it. Working on some things for emotionless beast as we speak but will take a look at those issues when I get a minute, thanks.

Ya I believe it is Phone.apk, I honestly can't remember if I themed it or not originally lmao so no biggie. No rush whenever you get a chance :)

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Down, but not out...yet;). Yeah ÜBER is right. Life been outta control lately and my computer got jacked up for a couple days but he has helped me tremendously to get things going again. Thanks ÜBER:cool:
I did get the in call dialer back in to this theme. The only issue I've seen is when you end the call directly after it force closes. I doesn't really cause any issues that I see except you just hit the close button and everything back to normal. I used the fc09 phone.apk so not sure what happened. But it does work. I will upload it anyway for you guys to try out;)

thomasskull666

Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis
Down, but not out...yet;). Yeah ÜBER is right. Life been outta control lately and my computer got jacked up for a couple days but he has helped me tremendously to get things going again. Thanks ÜBER:cool:
I did get the in call dialer back in to this theme. The only issue I've seen is when you end the call directly after it force closes. I doesn't really cause any issues that I see except you just hit the close button and everything back to normal. I used the fc09 phone.apk so not sure what happened. But it does work. I will upload it anyway for you guys to try out;)

Excellent, you the man! I've seen the force close issue before, not sure what causes it but it's really not a big nuissance. I'll see if I can take a look at it if I get time, I'm on a trip right now but when I get back home I'll bust out the theming tools (they've been gathering layers of virtual dust lol) and see if I can pinpoint the cause of the FC.

Reactions: Nashdogg

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
should have update up soon guys. dev-host has been fighting me all day. anyone recomend an free file hosting? i need an alternative,lol:p

ÜBER™

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
should have update up soon guys. dev-host has been fighting me all day. anyone recomend an free file hosting? i need an alternative,lol:p
Dropbox, Billonuploads, or Box. I use dropbox... cuz they have a nice neat app for phones... and i happen to have a themed one by Decalex... ill link to it here you want to make a Dropbox account. Themed Dropbox its in the One s forums.. but it should work just the same.

Last edited:

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Yeah i have a dropbox account and like three themed versions Black and White Inverted, Black and Blue inverted and ICS inverted;). I Think i will do that cause dev-host is making me rip my hair out today:eek:lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MYSTERIOUS BEAST-
    BLACK FROYO

I would like to start by saying thank you, to Thomasskull666 and MysteryEmotionz for creating this theme that i for one enjoyed for along time back in the Froyo era. This is not my work, I just updated it so it could be enjoyed all over again:cool:. I origanally wanted to keep the theme as origanal as possible but also wanted everyone to get the most out of the expirience by adding all the EL30 goodies and while keeping everything functional for FC09.

Changelog For v2...

* Added Phone.apk for the in call dialer
    * Added Inverted apps all thanks go to Bradman117 for these
    *Drop box
    *Gmail
    *Google voice
    *Gtalk
    *Vending (Google Play 3.5.19)
    *For these to install right you need to back up your current version
    with TiB or backup app of choice and then uninstall them before
    flashing theme. If you do not want the apps you may use 7zip to
    unzip the theme and take out whatever you dont want and zip it
    back up and your ready to flash. I think the inverted apps go really
    well with the theme:cool:

Changelog For Mysterious Beast v3

*added Phone.apk and TelephoneyProvider.apk from TPR v2.2
    ( Thank you Kennyglass123 for a great rom)
    *added Transparent FC09 DialerTabActivity.apk (Themed by me:cool:)
    *fixed phone.apk force close for now

Changelog For Mysterious Beast v4

*added Ca1ne's Swipe Away mod
    *Includes Flashlight, Reboot, and Shutdown in Scrolling Statusbar
    * Thanks to Ca1ne for his mod
    *Thanks to Ca1ne and lilajrestnom for all their help:);):good:

Changelog For Mysterious Beast v4.1

*Fixed Inverted google play store(shows up in app drawer now)
    *added transparent gingerbread keyboard by pauldiddy (to enable it go to menu/settings/locale and text/and check the gingerbread keboard and uncheck the rest. (OR)
    *added Black themed Swype apk by pauldiddy. Enable it the same way as above. May be enabled by default.

To DO...

*add Transparent Contacts.apk for FC09 when i can get it figured out.....Heeeeeelllllllpppppp! Lmao:eek::D:cool:

Screens:
    20120516-232412.jpg

20120516-220917.jpg

20120516-220504.jpg

20120516-220225.jpg

20120516-220304.jpg

20120516-222023.jpg

20120516-220443.jpg

I would also like to thank Travmofosho for pngs used from minimalistic black and super sipper for the systemUI as Mysterious Beast did not have a SystemUI.apk included. And for the couple themed apps included( TWCalculator, TWCalendar, ADW Launcher ) Thanks Trav;)

This has been tested by me on Clean gb 1.1.2, The Peoples Rom 2.0/2.2, Cut and Paste Rom. But should work on any Deodexed EL30/FC09 rom.

Also Included and Thanks To...

Toadlife [Scrolling status bar w/4G]

SenseiSimple [Extended Power Menu & Scrolling]

Travmofosho [Transparent Dialer, Contacts, MMS]

Sprint Hotspot Hack [Necrosan, Toadlife, SenseiSimple]

3G/1x icon Fix [SenseiSimple]

CRT Off

1% battery mod

dreamsforgotten [Theming Guide]

Also Tested and comfirmed that this theme should not break the Sprint Connections Optimizer. I tested myself on Kennyglass123's FC09 The Peoples Rom v2.2 and the Connection Optimizer worked as it should. The Settings apk is compatible with both platforms.:)

Instructions:

Go into Recovery, Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache

Go into Mounts and System storage and Mount System

Flash EL30/FC09 Mysterious Beast v1

Unmount System

Reboot

Profit

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Mysterious Beast v1 MB 26.88

Mysterious Beast v2 MB 38.13

http://d-h.st/zQU

Mysterious Beast v3 MB 38.13

http://thomasskull666.com/nashdogg/EL30-FC09_Mysterious_Beast_v3.zip

Mysterious Beast v4

http://d-h.st/7cX

Mysterious Beast v4.1

http://d-h.st/95d

Add-ONS

Aosp Lockscreen

http://d-h.st/CcH

TW Lockscreen

http://d-h.st/16p
    INDENT]
    Lol, you guys are too much. In case you all haven't heard, I will be taking over travmofoshos threads and trying to keep his work in the mix. I will be making updates when I can. Your work will be missed travis but you taught me everything I know so it will be kinda like you are here. Hopefully I can throw it down like you did. I will do my best. Thank you all for your support.:cool:

Have a feeling a transparent messanger just may be around the corner.... :D

Transparent messaging, contacts, and dialer. :cool::cool::cool:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
    Nash, any chance of getting the Beasts with ca1ne's and MJ's flashlight toggle/swipe notification fix?

Sure thing. Im working on updates as we speak. Only downside to maintaining 10-15 different themes. I'm starting with most used/downloaded themes and will go from there. Running Blue Bomber right now with ca1ne's mods and seems to be working great. Will be getting others updated as soon as possible.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA
    I'm gonna re-theme the phone apk one more time to see if I borked something along the way. Anyone interested in testing pm me and I will send you a link when its ready:cool: