SPIGEN GN3 slim armor views case + qi wireless charging and nfc with help

Search This thread

kendonsh

Feb 19, 2008
I love the slim armor case from SPIGEN but there is no wireless charging unless you block the ic chip. Then I found a qi pad that allows the ic chip to make contact. (Picture attached)
But you loss nfc because the pad doesn't include it.
Great combo but I don't wanna loss nfc. I can't find a separate nfc antenna for the note 3 unless I am looking in the wrong place.

My idea is to get a separate antenna to attach to the pins but go to a different part of the back. Like my bad example in the picture marked by red.
But that's to solve the nfc problem and I don't know if it's possible.

So my goal is to get s view, nfc, and wireless charging working with the slim armor case.

Attachments

• 2014-01-09-03-15-49.jpg
    2014-01-09-03-15-49.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 5,576
  • 2014-01-09-03-19-54.jpg
    2014-01-09-03-19-54.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 5,886
Reactions: jojocommi

jojocommi

Nov 4, 2012
I love the slim armor case from SPIGEN but there is no wireless charging unless you block the ic chip. Then I found a qi pad that allows the ic chip to make contact. (Picture attached)
Great combo but I don't wanna loss nfc. I can't find a separate nfc antenna for the note 3 unless I am looking in the wrong place.

My idea is to get a separate antenna to attach to the pins but go to a different part of the back. Like my bad example in the picture marked by red.

So my goal is to get s view, nfc, and wireless charging working with the slim armor case.

Sorry that I cannot help you with your NFC problem but you solved my wireless problem with that QI receiver you show in the pic. I really like the slim armor but have to admit that I miss the wireless charging.

kendonsh

Feb 19, 2008
Sorry that I cannot help you with your NFC problem but you solved my wireless problem with that QI receiver you show in the pic. I really like the slim armor but have to admit that I miss the wireless charging.

glad to have helped in some way. I just don't get why they couldn't include the nfc antenna

kendonsh

Feb 19, 2008
Just need to wait for someone to make a qi receiver with the nfc ports and passthrough on the other ports.
Or you can take this: http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Stan...&qid=1389373591&sr=8-4&keywords=note+3+nfc+qi
and mod it (i've not done it so I can't confirm it would work, but in theory you should be able to cut through the plastic where the ports are on the back and allow current to pass through)

One of the reviews said his stopped working after a month
Do you think a note 2 nfc antenna might work? Remove one from a note 2 back cover

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.