[Q] Noob seeking advice.

Search This thread

aagz0921

Mar 2, 2014
Xiamen
Good day/evening ladies and gentleman. I am a noob, go ahead, laugh.... I am an american living in China, I have a GS4 GTi9500 but the connection sucks here. I'm always stuck on E if I'm not connected to wifi. I am seriously contemplating to buy a Note 3, I need it for my studies and the S-Pen is a big help for writing Chinese characters.

Now my question is, they sell the Note 3 N9008V here, but I know that it being in China mobile it probably has no google support (playstore, etc) so I would like to know if there is a way to install a western version of android? I believe you guys call it custom rom? Or if it is better to have someone buy a phone in Hong Kong and bring it to me already with said version of android? I need something that can at least run on 3G. This 2 and 2.G connections are driving me insane.

I can't begin to thank you enough if you help me out here.

If anyone is willing to help guide me in a custom rom installation step by step through skype I will pay you for your services via paypal.

I am getting desperate here.

Aagz0921

Reactions: thahim

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Good day/evening ladies and gentleman. I am a noob, go ahead, laugh.... I am an american living in China, I have a GS4 GTi9500 but the connection sucks here. I'm always stuck on E if I'm not connected to wifi. I am seriously contemplating to buy a Note 3, I need it for my studies and the S-Pen is a big help for writing Chinese characters.

Now my question is, they sell the Note 3 N9008V here, but I know that it being in China mobile it probably has no google support (playstore, etc) so I would like to know if there is a way to install a western version of android? I believe you guys call it custom rom? Or if it is better to have someone buy a phone in Hong Kong and bring it to me already with said version of android? I need something that can at least run on 3G. This 2 and 2.G connections are driving me insane.

If anyone is willing to help guide me in a custom rom installation step by step through skype I will pay you for your services via paypal.

Aagz0921

Why would we laugh on you. Almost everyone here asks these questions.

I think you can flash another rom.
Goto sammobile.com and check your firmware. You will get many from different countries.
I dont know this will make you use pkay store or not.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-9005

Reactions: aagz0921

aagz0921

Mar 2, 2014
Xiamen

Goto sammobile.com and check your firmware. You will get many from different countries.

I will check. Thanks so much for the quick response. I hate this censorship crap.

Reactions: thahim

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Mate, my suggestion would be to get the international N9005 version... More support if you need it... N008 version has a VERY limited user base and not much support...
Make sure its the 32gb version though, not the 16gb Hongkong version as that also has its issues...

aagz0921

Mar 2, 2014
Xiamen
Mate, my suggestion would be to get the international N9005 version... More support if you need it... N008 version has a VERY limited user base and not much support...
Make sure its the 32gb version though, not the 16gb Hongkong version as that also has its issues...

Ok. I'll look into it. Now how do I know which band does it run on? Meaning, will it be able to at least run on China Mobile 3G? Or better yet, 4G? I have an international GS4 GTi9500 and I'm stuck on E if I'm not on wifi... I know a girl here who brought her AT&T Note 3 and is the same for her, stuck on E all the time outside of wifi.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Ok. I'll look into it. Now how do I know which band does it run on? Meaning, will it be able to at least run on China Mobile 3G? Or better yet, 4G? I have an international GS4 GTi9500 and I'm stuck on E if I'm not on wifi... I know a girl here who brought her AT&T Note 3 and is the same for her, stuck on E all the time outside of wifi.

The network signal will be depend on ur carrier provider. It has nothing to do with the device.
I brought my Note 3 and Note 2 to village in Indonesia... the signal also get only E at certain corner. But on certain area I get G/3G/H/H+.
It depends on the coverage.

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 with AGNi PSN purestock v3.9.3 OC

aagz0921

Mar 2, 2014
Xiamen
The network signal will be depend on ur carrier provider. It has nothing to do with the device.
I brought my Note 3 and Note 2 to village in Indonesia... the signal also get only E at certain corner. But on certain area I get G/3G/H/H+.

That's what I'm confused about. I got an unlocked carrierless GS4 and she brought an unlocked AT&T Note 3 from the U.S. she is also getting E anyehere she goes. :confused:

G

GuestK0079

If no one else is willing to do it, i will...
You're a noob, ha ha, nobody wants to be a noob, ha ha. :sly: (joke)

Sent from my N9005

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth

aagz0921

Mar 2, 2014
Xiamen
you are referring to a N9005 "used" ?
I suggest don't buy online with shipping like that for used item. Because you can't check the device on the spot of payment.
If you like to buy online, buy a new one. Much better than a used one, because for used one, you will have no idea what the device has gone through on the 1st hand buyer.
:)

Roger that. I just used it as an example. However, I see some N9005 for verizon and some for T-mobile/AT&T. If anyone is willing to give me an ebay link for a new one that could suit my needs I would greatly appreciate it. I'm assuming I need one for AT&T/T-Mobile right?

aagz0921

Mar 2, 2014
Xiamen
Can someone please tell me the difference between the Note 3 SM-N9005 and the Note 3 N9005? I don't want to buy the wrong phone. Please.

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Ah I see. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure it out. (And I always shave my head)
Would you also mind checking that ebay link I posted before that reply and tell me why is it only allowed outside of the U.S?
Thanks so much for your time.

If I'm not wrong, item can be shipped to US country as well.
"Shipping and handling
Item location: Chatsworth, California, United States
Shipping to: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Denmark, Romania, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Estonia, Australia, Greece, Portugal, Cyprus, Slovenia, Japan, China, Sweden, Korea, South, Belgium, France, Hong Kong, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Russian Federation, Israel, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Switzerland, Norway
"

but if you ask me whether can be used for US carriers or not, I'm not so sure. You have to see the network band frequency, whether it is compatible to be used with US carriers or not.
Normally an International Factory unlock version, should be able to work with any country's simcard, with a match band frequency.
I might be wrong, I have never been to US. :) Perhaps other users in US might explain about this.

Cheers.

alom5

Dec 4, 2010
I hope you are aware that the signal won't change from E add your friend already had hers and it's the same. It is problem with your carrier and not your phone. So getting the note 3 won't improve that situation at all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Aagz0921

Aagz0921

I will check. Thanks so much for the quick response. I hate this censorship crap.