Knock On Not Working

Search This thread

CmdrShepard

Oct 13, 2014
Go to the hidden menu.

Then click on hw device test

Then click on touch test

Then click on touch firmware update

Click OK and your knock on issues will be sorted (hopefully)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Thank you this method work for me.
After I tried all the method in this thread and Knock On still doesn't work. I accidentally found out that you have to knock at a SLOWER pace for KnockON. I can still knock OFF at quick speed.
If you're still looking for a solution after the steps above, try tapping at a slightly slower pace

rootlinux

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 5, 2009
Cleveland
youtube.com
Try flashing a knock enabled kernel like Dori.
My knock on wasn't working after Autorec on zvd. Dori kernel fixed it.
It isn't zvd that makes knock on not work. The problem is the kernel in Autorec. It worked fine after OTA then stopped after Autorec. Did it three times to verify. Fourth tot, OTA and then AUTOREC I then rebooted to recovery and flashed Dori.
Boom... All knock works perfectly.

Reactions: Theolode

Theolode

Feb 8, 2010
Finally someone who found my problem. Exactly what happened to me.
Did the OTA, rooted whit ioroot and run autorec. And then the knock on/knock code stopped working.
Did the hidden menu thingy and knock on works again. But knock code does not. Have tried to reboot and activate/unactivate knock code. But it still works like a knock on.

So do anyone know about a better way to install custom recovery whitout using autorec? Does the autorec people know about this?

cheers

olderbloke

Feb 13, 2010
Is it normal that knock on isn't working when knock code is used to unlock the phone ?
Just put cloudy g3 2.1 on D802 with Dorimanx kernel. I thought I also had knock on issue. But found that rather than tap the screen to get home screen to show, the knocks have to be in the same position as your code. I hope this might help someone.

Petbath

Oct 8, 2008
knock unlocking - proximity sensor

Hello to everyone,

after getting all this helpful info through this forum I've decided to contribute something myself.

I had the same issue after replacing my LG g2 screen. It worked fine before.
The problem in my case was the proximity sensor. It sits behind an oval window between the front facing camera and the light sensor. It has two small lenses, a bigger or the left and a smaller on the right.
If that sensor sits slightly wrong or the front rubber case is missing (I didn't noticed it the first time) or the required pressure from a small rubber behind (it is on the upper black secondary housing with the 7 screws) is not enough to hold it in a fixed certain place, it doesn't work correctly or at all.

When this happens the sensors detects near (meaning you have the device close to your face) and Knock unlocking is blocked. Also when you are making a call the screen goes off for the same reason, so it is easy to notice.

After I noticed and placed the front rubber case from the old screen, it was working, but slowly. It detected quickly the "near" position but it takes several seconds to re detect "far" position.

The final solution was reinforcing the small rectangular rubber which pushes the light sensor and the proximity sensor from behind, with two small pieces of sticker and the problem disappeared.

You can check that through the hidden menu (for my case 3845#*802#), HW Device test, ALC Proximity Test.
It should change rapidly from NEAR to FAR then waving your hand over the sensor.
If not, push firmly with one finger behind the sensor and see then if it is working :)

alexsoin

Jan 7, 2014
San Mateo, CA
trouble

I have another type of issue.
I don't see this screen by selecting "update touch firmware".
Do I have to be on wi-fi coz I don't have any, only 4G by TMobile
I had to update my 4.3 PA ROM for LG G2 D801 Claro PR (which worked great btw, only dynamic was tiny) to stock Claro KK since I "bricked" it.
Claro KK is fine with lots of bloat :( dynamic is superloud but issues with knock on, knock off works perfect.

Attachments

• zunasaqe.jpg
    zunasaqe.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 232

neonsrt4

Jan 20, 2015
lg g2 knook on code

Hello everyone i seem to not be able to get my knook on to work. The phone will knook off but not on. This phone was rooted before i owned it but the guy set it back to stock and took the root off for me. I have done the hidden menu but that dont work i have verizon and i have 4.4.2 right now

sobitthen

Jun 20, 2012
Superior
refer.cricketwireless.com
Gone after 5.0?

Can't find this hidden menu after moving onto CM12, on a D800, about thinks an 801 now, tried both, did this get overwritten when migrating to Lollipop?
Guess knock is still here, under display option was toggled to pick up to wake and reason knock was being overridden, then had to knock, tap, on top bar to sleep, glad that is still there, was handy..

Last edited:

jaimbot

Sep 17, 2014
Hey guys, I have custom recovery and root D801, my knock on randomly stopped working, I tryed the hidden menu and updating the touch firmware but that did not fix it, any suggestions?

Nov 15, 2010
fixed knock on issue.. kinda

i know that there are other ways to fix the knock on problem.. I have an LG ms323 and I fixed the problem by changing my lock screen.. goto settings and change lock screen to "Swipe" and turn your screen off.. you should now be able to knock on the phone and at least choose to enable or disable knock on feature.. it wont be greyed out anymore..

Fighting Dreamer

Apr 15, 2013
johor bahru
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the site as registered user since I have been always for information but I will start sharing my experience with you all.

The one I have is a LS980 sprint model unlocked and running a RayGlobe Flex 3.5 custom rom, I bought it that way and since I bought it knock on feature will not work (Knock off does).
So after checking the setting on about phone/hardware information it shows model D802 so whoever install/unlocked the phone changed the device name.
So I used the *802# code for the hidden menu and it showed up.
In the Hidden Menu (thats the title that shows) select HW Device Test / Touch Test / Touch Firmware Upgrade (It will show to wait 10 sec to check version)
I also did the option in the main Hidden Menu / Settings / Update Touch Firmware it will freeze for about 5 sec while doing the update and then you can go back to home screen on your device and try it.

That worked for me :good::good: .

Here's some hidden menu secret codes. You might want to double check your model number in the phone settings.

3845#*802# (for International model)
3845#*801# (for T-Mobile)
3845#*800# (for AT&T)
5689#*980# – (for Sprint )
Dial: ##228378 + send (Verizon)
Other models, please use 3845#*YOUR-MODEL-NUMBER#

A second fix and more complicated one that I tried was to install custom rom CloudyG3 and it works just fine.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783192

I had install cloudyG3 and upgrade the Touch Firmware but still cannot use knock on any idea?

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Hello to everyone,

after getting all this helpful info through this forum I've decided to contribute something myself.

The problem in my case was the proximity sensor. It sits behind an oval window between the front facing camera and the light sensor. It has two small lenses, a bigger or the left and a smaller on the right.
If that sensor sits slightly wrong or the front rubber case is missing (I didn't noticed it the first time) or the required pressure from a small rubber behind (it is on the upper black secondary housing with the 7 screws) is not enough to hold it in a fixed certain place, it doesn't work correctly or at all.

When this happens the sensors detects near (meaning you have the device close to your face) and Knock unlocking is blocked. Also when you are making a call the screen goes off for the same reason, so it is easy to notice.

After I noticed and placed the front rubber case from the old screen, it was working, but slowly. It detected quickly the "near" position but it takes several seconds to re detect "far" position.

The final solution was reinforcing the small rectangular rubber which pushes the light sensor and the proximity sensor from behind, with two small pieces of sticker and the problem disappeared.

You can check that through the hidden menu (for my case 3845#*802#), HW Device test, ALC Proximity Test.
It should change rapidly from NEAR to FAR then waving your hand over the sensor.
If not, push firmly with one finger behind the sensor and see then if it is working :)

My proximity sensor cannot change rapidly from near to far when my hand over the sensor , any idea for fix it?

tahirawan4

Feb 20, 2014
3845#*802# --> Settings --> update touchscreen firmware

Just remember Change the 802 part to your model.

Thanks if helps

Sent from my LG-D805 using XDA Premium HD app

Doing this but my lg g2 do nithing.
Problem with my lg g2 D802 is, My Phone upgrade from 4.4.2 to 5.0.2, After upgrade to 5.0.2 its touch goes abnormal. When i touch it shows touchs on 5 to 7 different location.

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007
finallly there is no solution for LS980 Update Touch Firmware..? all methods which posted on the thread not worked..

fcarlin

Oct 14, 2015
I hope this will help. I had 2 problems,
First - my lg g2 (T-mobile) started to act strange, swiping through screens, auto clicking icons, etc. You most probably read about this problem, and most of the responds where saying that it is digitizer problem, and
second - double knock was not working, even though I could turn screen off by double clicking.

Solution, that worked for me:
1. I factory reset my phone, but problem occurred again.
2. I believe this was the main reason everything came back to normal, I had Knock Code active, after I turned that off, and replaced with other lock (pattern lock), double knock worked again, and more importantly ghostly screen movements, and icon clicking stopped. So far, phone is responding normally. I had no more problems with it. I will see what happens in meantime. I will let you know.

hopefully it will help solve your problems!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3845#*802# --> Settings --> update touchscreen firmware

Just remember Change the 802 part to your model.

Thanks if helps

Sent from my LG-D805 using XDA Premium HD app
    Go to the hidden menu.
    u8udyjy2.jpg

Then click on hw device test
    y2a6y5ab.jpg

Then click on touch test
    avy4y8e8.jpg

Then click on touch firmware update
    zunasaqe.jpg

Click OK and your knock on issues will be sorted (hopefully)

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Not sure if its working for the LS980, but it might be possible to enter the hidden menu just from the dialpad
    Open dialer and type 3845#*980# (the 980 is based on the modelno. ofcourse :D )

That doesn't work :) the code is actually 5689#*980# and only works with the Verizon hiddenmenu.apk. That's what I did to fix it across all the devices :)

WHOA wait a second...

I just stumbled upon this post of yours.

I am on the LS980 with the same knock on issue.

Please show me where i can find the VZW hidden menu APK. PLEASE.

And maybe some instructions on how to fix the issue.

I would GREATLY appreciate your help.

Sure find it here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46117575

Place in /system/app. Set permissions to rwrr. Reboot. Access menu through dialer using code I gave. Then go to HW Device Test > Touch Test > Touch Firmware Upgrade. Hit OK. Done. (Only works on stock ROMs not aosp and this apk is for CDMA variants with my instructions specifically for ls980).

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    knock unlocking - proximity sensor

Hello to everyone,

Im giving it a shot. Ill let you know. Thanks again.

EDIT: It didn't work. I did what you said. it asked me to wait 10 seconds, then i tested it and nothing.

it shows i am on version D013

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Is there a way to calibrate the time between taps? my knock on is working but i have to leave like one second between taps like "tap pause tap" instead of tap tap.

You got me there. I didn't have to do that. Two rapid taps work fine for me on all 3 phones.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk