[GUIDE] How to get a working Google Wallet

Search This thread

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
This is first time I'm attempting use gwallet. Do we need to do anything before install different rom? Like removing card or unregister or something similar in wallet before installing new rom?

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
I didn't do anything special, except root. Just follow the instructions to a tee, even if you think some may be wrong. It's running fine for me- now gotta try to actually buy something :thumbup::):beer:
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
This is the first time I've used Google Wallet and I have to say this is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

One issue though... Everything works fine. I've used it at CVS with no problems, but I get NFC force closes pretty regularly. Always two in a row and then it's fine for a while. Any ideas?

Hmm...did you set the correct permissions?

Not sure why you are getting a FC. Are you odexed or de-odexed?

srags

Feb 28, 2011
Bad build.prop? Stuck at "SAMSUNG" boot screen

Hello antiochasylum and/or others

Many thanks for the guide. I hate to be the annoying guy who bricked his phone even after being provided a simple step-by-step guide, but I am. ... I got everything working perfectly (added card, rebooted, it was still there), but then for step #13 instead of entering the build.prop file and changing the model, name, device back to my AT&T Note II, I merely copied my original build.prop file that I had previously copied to another folder before I started, effectively overwriting the post-modification build.prop (not sure anything even changes here).

Now at boot, the initial Samsung comes up, followed by the AT&T "Rethink Possible", but then it gets stuck at a glowing SAMSUNG on black screen and periodically vibrates. I mounted /system and used adb to check the build.prop file, and all the correct/original values are there. I'll attach my file here in case it will help.

I'm positive this copying of build.prop into /system is the cause for this because it was the only thing I did before rebooting again.

Thanks in advance, I'll be sure to Thanks and buy a beer (if possible) for the help

Attachments

• build.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 10

OmegaNemesis28

Nov 30, 2012
I am getting the same "Android is upgrading" every time I boot as well. Not sure what that is about, but Google Wallet is working!!! ^_^

slaydog

Dec 14, 2009
Hello antiochasylum and/or others

Many thanks for the guide. I hate to be the annoying guy who bricked his phone even after being provided a simple step-by-step guide, but I am. ...

I'm positive this copying of build.prop into /system is the cause for this because it was the only thing I did before rebooting again.

That is exactly what I did, I just restored my original build.prop that was automatically backed up by Root Explorer when I changed it to the Nexus stuff, and no issues here...
I would check permissions on everything if possible. Which rom are you running?

Last edited:
Reactions: srags

srags

Feb 28, 2011
That is exactly what I did, I just restored my original build.prop that was automatically backed up by Root Explorer when I changed it to the Nexus stuff, and no issues here...
I would check permissions on everything if possible. Which rom are you running?

I am on rooted stock AT&T Samsung. The only thing I didn't check permissions on out of all the stated files is the build.prop file. I'm assuming it's too late to change that now, though, since I can't even boot. If there is no private or device-specific information in the build.prop file, I could try adb-ing someone else's into my phone. Regardless, thanks for the reply slaydog.

EDIT: Slaydog, you got me thinking more about the Permissions. Obviously I'm no dev and didn't know you could change permissions. Using adb to do:
Adb shell chmod 644 /system/build.prop
did the trick. THANKS!!

Last edited:
Reactions: slaydog

kirkla79

Oct 12, 2010
memphis, tn
FWIW, I had no problem installing these files then restoring from backups after having an issue with wallet.

I had an issue trying to add my credit card and that card was banned for 24 hours. Then I tired to add another when wallet said something about an error and that I had to reset. After resetting the app just FC's so i just decided to remove wallet, and restore backups and build.prop.

I will try to get wallet working later on in the week. I have some soda machines at work that accept nfc and hope I get to try them out.

Last edited:

rockinandroid

Apr 22, 2012
No meta-INF on note 2...where do those files go????

Just installed everything under system and all worked out well.....will try to buy something tomorrow but wallet is working....had to replace original nfc and nfctest in system/app to get NFC not to crash but other than that it is up and running....AWESOME>>>>THANKS>>>>>

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First this is a guide from the Verizon Note 2 forums, for those who don't know about it.

All Credit to WarlockLord, ogdobber, and tpmwr, and everyone else involved in this.

Visit the original thread here

Follow these steps, I have done this 3 times already and every time it works, IF you follow these steps.

I HIGHLY suggest using root explorer for this

1. Download the attached zip file, you must extract it, and place everything in their respective folders, backup your current files, rename with .bak on the end, paste the files in their respective folders from the zip. Set the correct permissions as the other files in the folder. Under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

2. Next, navigate to your build.prop in your /system and edit it to mirror the Galaxy Nexus.
    ro.product.model=Galaxy Nexus
    ro.product.name=yakju
    ro.product.device=maguro

3. Reboot

4. Open your app drawer, find the wallet app, from there, set it up, it will say Setting up this will take 5 minutes, you WILL get a force close.

5. From this point navigate to your /system/app and delete the wallet app.

6. Reboot.

7 Open the play store, download wallet, now set everything up, and add a card, once you have registered a card, it will say the app needs to reset. Reset it, and wait. Once you get back to the screen where you can select your account, close the app.

8. Navigate to your /data/app and delete the wallet.apk in there. DO NOT UN-INSTALL IT!!, This is crutial, ONLY DELETE IT

9. Now head back to your downloaded files from this post and paste the modaco R87 wallet apk back into your /system/app, and set the correct permissions, under the "Read" check, owner, group, others. Under "Write", check owner, and press ok.

10. Reboot.

11. Now open wallet again from the app drawer and set everything up. It should proceed with no errors if you did everything correct.

12. Once setup, reboot again and open the app again to make sure its still working, and your cards are still there.

13. If its still working, you can now change your build.prop back to
    ro.product.model=SGH-I317 or SGH-I317M(which ever variant you have)
    ro.product.name=t0lteatt
    ro.product.device=t0lteatt

If you do not change your build.prop back to stock values, it wll probably break SNote

14. Save the build.prop and exit.

15. Profit.

Everything you need to know is in this post, if its not working, you didn't do something correctly, or you missed a step.

VIDEO HOW TO - THANKS TO YELLOWGTO
    Was holding off, but now must root! Damn you,XDA!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Root it. Its not "your" phone unless you root it.
    Are you ****ting me?!?
    Its hardly witholding when the information is there for all to see.
    You would rather I RETYPE a detailed, step by step post, that I posted to try to help others, so YOU dont have to exert your clicky finger and go BACK 2 PAGES..
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but go $#@& yourself. If you had even tried to look, you would've quickly discovered the posts, and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    Im sorry to everyone else who had to read this.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
    What the step 1 instructions feel like...

how-to-draw-an-owl.png