Keyboard

Search This thread

mx4life

Feb 6, 2009
I know the TP2 has a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
But I was wondering is it also possible to type something on the TP2 if the keyboard isn't slide out? So if it has an on-screen keyboard?

Thanks in Advance!

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
I know the TP2 has a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard.
But I was wondering is it also possible to type something on the TP2 if the keyboard isn't slide out? So if it has an on-screen keyboard?

Thanks in Advance!

Welcome to the forum
Yes it will include on screen keyboard for sure
But if you prefer a non sliding keyboard you have Diamond 2...

mx4life

Feb 6, 2009
Welcome to the forum
Yes it will include on screen keyboard for sure
But if you prefer a non sliding keyboard you have Diamond 2...

Thanks, been reading things here for a while, just never really had something to post about ;)

I'm prefering the TP2's design over the TD2's design. And I rather have the dual mic and speakers than a slighty better camera.
I was just wonderin if it would have a slide out keyboard and a on-screen one.

Poke_N_PDA

Jul 26, 2005
Edmond, OK
Also, it's nice since it will finally have a big enough screen to use a finger touch keyboard with. The old 2.8 inch screens just weren't wide enough.

Link278

Jan 9, 2009
Thanks, been reading things here for a while, just never really had something to post about ;)

I'm prefering the TP2's design over the TD2's design. And I rather have the dual mic and speakers than a slighty better camera.
I was just wonderin if it would have a slide out keyboard and a on-screen one.

Yeah I think the touch pro 2 is a lot better too but the thing is that the diamond 2 has a better camera than the touch pro 2 so yeah you will actually have a worse camera if you for the touch pro 2 than if you go for the diamond 2 but the screen is bigger on the touch pro 2 so yeah that works for me.

fortunz

Apr 19, 2009
inside
The landscape keyboard is a big part of my buying decision, but I don't expect it to completely replace an onscreen keyboard. If I'm typing in a short web address, document name or a password, I may not bother to slide out the keyboard if the softboard is easy to launch and goes away quickly.

mx4life

Feb 6, 2009
The landscape keyboard is a big part of my buying decision, but I don't expect it to completely replace an onscreen keyboard. If I'm typing in a short web address, document name or a password, I may not bother to slide out the keyboard if the softboard is easy to launch and goes away quickly.

Exactly the reason why I wanted to know if it had an onscreen keyboard!
Or when you are in the club, and want a galls phone number :)

poppinpengawen

Mar 30, 2008
I just hope the onscreen KB won't be like the one on the kaiser/tilt/tytn 2. yknow, the way the onscreen KB keeps popping up if you use if even once? that annoys me lol

gmanfuzing

Mar 8, 2009
somewhere in oklahoma
lol this is a odd thread , the touch pro 1 had an onscreen keyboard , why wouldn't number 2 lol , also , why would it be hard to type if you switch to the compact qwerty on the touch pro one lol i find it quite easy

mx4life

Feb 6, 2009
Well, I didn't know that the TP had a Onscreen one.
And because TP2 has a newer version of TF3D it could be possible that they left it out. I didn't know, that's why I asked.

Plus, the TP1 had a FM-radio, and the TP2 doesn't..
So the TP2 isn't just the TP1 with a better keyboard and biggerscreen.. They added things, and left things out!

ghosty_uk

Jun 3, 2008
according to the htc website, the tp2 does have fm radio.

not sure about the keyboard.

as for the cam, if you really want to take pics when you out and about take a digi cam out with you, there are some very decent small ones available now, try olympus or casio range.

quarintus

Apr 11, 2007
Indeed, it says it has a FM-radio. Don't know why all people are saying it hasn't got a FM-radio.

The touchpro2 will have a onscreen keyboard.

For reference, look at on of the video's on this site. There you will see the keyboard. Nice fingerfriendly one :)

orb3000

Retired Senior Moderator
XDA App Taskforce
I just hope the onscreen KB won't be like the one on the kaiser/tilt/tytn 2. yknow, the way the onscreen KB keeps popping up if you use if even once? that annoys me lol

mmm... strange
I´m using finger keyboard and works just perfect on my Universal
Now I have 2 great keyboards to use! on lap top mode and pda mode:D

Link278

Jan 9, 2009
Well, I didn't know that the TP had a Onscreen one.
And because TP2 has a newer version of TF3D it could be possible that they left it out. I didn't know, that's why I asked.

Plus, the TP1 had a FM-radio, and the TP2 doesn't..
So the TP2 isn't just the TP1 with a better keyboard and biggerscreen.. They added things, and left things out!

I think all wm phones have onscreen keyboards, and if one didnt, then someone would probably just port it over.

Last edited: