Verizon Galaxy Note 10.1 SCH-i925

Search This thread

Cyric78

Aug 26, 2008
Does anyone know how I can root this device? It is locked to Verizon, but if the custom roms work on it, and standard rooting works with it, then all is well.

I received this as a bogus ebay purchase. I bid on a N8000, but received this SCH-i925.. For the most part, I just want root, and am not overly concerned about custom roms... I just don't know what the differences with this model is from any of the N80** models are..

Thanks for the info guys!

Cyric78

Aug 26, 2008
Well, the ExynosAbuse exploit worked for root, now I need to figure out how to add the Bell APN info to it.. anyone know how to enable the option to add APN info to the SCH-i925? Or if I can use the N8000 recoveries and ROMs out there?

mke1973

Dec 3, 2010
Well, the ExynosAbuse exploit worked for root, now I need to figure out how to add the Bell APN info to it.. anyone know how to enable the option to add APN info to the SCH-i925? Or if I can use the N8000 recoveries and ROMs out there?

The Verizon tablet is LTE, the 8000 is 3G so you'll probably brick your tablet if you use anything but a ROM for an LTE tablet. I'm surprised that the Exynos Abuse exploit worked since Samsung supposedly included it's patch in the version of Jellybean shipping in the Verizon LTE tablet.

rusty4k

Aug 29, 2010
Where did you get your verizon note verizon keeps telling me they are not out yet

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

kennyx13

Nov 27, 2012
I'll very happily buy this off you and give you my N8000....I've been trying to get my hands on the LTE version...

Cyric78

Aug 26, 2008
You should have said something over a week ago. I am in the process of fighting with the eBay seller I got it from. He is trying to rip me off for the tablet.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

kennyx13

Nov 27, 2012
How much did you pay for it? can you give me the link on ebay where you bought it from? I have been looking all over waiting anxiously to get my hands on that verizon note 10.1. You already sent it back to him or is it still with you?

Reactions: sparky4017

Cyric78

Aug 26, 2008
Are you kidding me? I'm possibly down what I paid for the tablet, and you want a link to it? Send me $700, and I'll point you in his direction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

waston2013

Dec 22, 2012
Cypress
Satan's LTE Note 10.1

This is classic Verizon Crap, hereinafter referred to as "Satan". I don't know what deal Samsung's GT-N8020 made with the devil in the US but it is clearly only being served as a SCH-I925. I will be watching , listening and offering what ever I can to help restore order to my newly purchased Note 10.1.

Please see solution for VZW Note II for your APN fix http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2044449

No custom Roms until someone unlocks the boot loader! Watching this post for progress http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=39116676

Last edited:

Lymon23

Mar 6, 2011

imor

May 28, 2013
Soft unbrick Verizon I925

Hello guys...

First of all, let me say a big thanks for all that hard working on finding a way to unlock

It seems I have soft bricked verizon's I925 tablet while trying to add those apn's and make it work outside the US. I used CAUSAL to get it root and then I used the apn editor which made the damage.
Since there is no bootloader hack yet, I wonder if there is any way I can restore it back and have it working in any way.

I have tried via odin's utility and stock roms for N8010, but I get a fail. Does anyone has the stock verizon's rom?

I will greatly appreciate any kind of help.
Thank you in advance,
imor

imor

May 28, 2013
UPDATE: Soft unbrick Verizon I925

Guys here is a small update on my case.

Good News: The soft bricked I925 is once again working with certain limitations. I had mariosraptor (post credits to him) install a clean non verizon N8020 version on it.

Bad News: Despite the fact that sim card gets recognized, it does not gets activated. Another possible problem "haven't yet figured out" is GPS.

Things to clear out...
I really don't know if I had the bootloader changed while trying to recover it at the beginning. In Odin's download mode, the model refers as GT-N8010 and not as SCH-I925. Members can validate thought...

Last edited:
Reactions: mariosraptor

dosbalbin

Sep 25, 2012
Request for stock wallpaper of Note 10.1 LTE

Hello guys. I apologize if I make a mistake in posting this request here, but would someone be kind enough to post the stock home screen wallpaper that comes with the Note 10.1 LTE? Thanks a lot.

buxie1245

May 19, 2013
New York

Good News: The soft bricked I925 is once again working with certain limitations. I had mariosraptor (post credits to him) install a clean non verizon N8020 version on it.

Bad News: Despite the fact that sim card gets recognized, it does not gets activated. Another possible problem "haven't yet figured out" is GPS.

Things to clear out...
I really don't know if I had the bootloader changed while trying to recover it at the beginning. In Odin's download mode, the model refers as GT-N8010 and not as SCH-I925. Members can validate thought...

imor, I seem to be having the same issue, as I have also bricked my tablet. I originally rooted about two months ago using casual, and the OTA update screwed it up today. I am pretty new to this and not sure what needs to be done. I can only get my tablet to ODIN mode, and able to connect it to ODIN on my computer, but I have no idea what I am supposed to flash to the device. Any help is extremely appreciated.

Last edited:

drozek

Jun 22, 2007
Streamwood, IL
So I am willing to help out and make a stock recovery and see if you restore it on your Verizon see if all your problems go away I will do this later tonight

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How much did you pay for it? can you give me the link on ebay where you bought it from? I have been looking all over waiting anxiously to get my hands on that verizon note 10.1. You already sent it back to him or is it still with you?
    UPDATE: Soft unbrick Verizon I925

Things to clear out...
    I have the exact same problem, did you find a solution?

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

I have the exact same problem is Imor, is there anything I can do?
    thanks

Hi Fofosal,

No solution so far. Will update you of any progress.