[iPhoneToday FAQ's] iPhoneToday walkthroughs and icons

Search This thread

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
As I no longer have/use windows mobile, so I am no longer able to maintain this thread. If you have any questions, please post in the iPhone Today thread as they will most likely not get answered here.
=======================================================

This thread was created to have a single place for walkthroughs, program add ons, icons and FAQ's for iPhone Today made by MiToNiOeS (and now by tronikos).

The disclamer (everything has them now)
ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR PHONE; As with anything that you can do to your phone, if you do somthing wrong, you may have to hard reset (very rare); but if you backup your phone first, you will not loose anything. MiToNiOeS, tronikos and j101399j(myself) take no responsibility if you mess up your phone from doing something stupid. This program in no way can mess up or cause problems with your phone. Now that, that was said, back to reality...:D

Please do not post in this thread unless you have something to add helpful. If you have a question PM me or post it in the iPhone Today forum here:

New thread starting @ v1.4 (Many options added): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=633618

Original Thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=508429

Please Start here:

How to Install (Post 2)

Menus and Options (Post 3)

Advanced Functions (Post 4)
There are two great weather script/applictions that display an icon for the weather.

#1 From michoob

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=603817

weatherinbackground.th.png

#2 from arealityfarbetween

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=882110

YPi

INFO
TRITaniumWeather is specialized for the Titanium interface, with some features for iPhoneToday and S2U2.
Whereas ITPWeather is really specialized for iPhoneToday and S2U2, with much more related options

The FAQ's (Post 5)

Icons, Icons and more Icons (Post 6)

Additional Programs and Add-ons (Post 7)

==============================================
As you can tell, I have not been on for a while and have not had a chance to keep this updated. I no longer use my Tilt (except as a GPS); so I get very little time on it. So if you see something old or outdated, please PM me.

Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
The Walkthrough

Preparation

FIRST and MOST IMPORTANT: Back up your phone
Updated Feb 27,2010; based off v1.4+

How to install:

1. Start by downloading one of the iPhone_Today.zip files from here

• This will install all of the needed files for iPhone Today to work.
  • If this is an update and you have already installed iPT; backup your icons.xml and settings.xml files. Install the new version and then put your icons and settings files back in.
2. Copy the iPhone Today cab onto your phone.

3. On your phone, navigate to the iPhoneToday.cab file

4. Click the iPhgoneToday.cab file and install it to your phone. DO NOT INSTALL TO THE STORAGE CARD

5. You have 2 versions installed;
a. The exe version is opened like a program (start menu --> programs --> iPhoneToday.exe) This is full screen mode. And it will exit if you press home or end. This works very well with programs that use tabs, like TF3d.
b. Or you can use iPhoneToday as a today plug-in. Go into "Start --> Settings --> Today --> Today items" and disable all other today plugins besids iPhone Today
6. Use the icon and settings UI managers to add/edit icons (See below for UI instructions)
Adding Icons and UI instructions see post#3

How to update:
If you have v1.3 or older; uninstall iPT and follow the directions for a fresh install
If this is un update for v1.4+ then do not uninstall iPT; just download and install the new version. It will ask if you want to save your fles, select yes, and you are good to go,

Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
The Menus and Options

Start by pressing (and holding) anywhere on the screen. A menu will pop up

(If you press and hold on an icon)
iconpress.jpg
movehere.jpg

Add Icon (See menu 1)
Edit Icon (See menu 1)
Delete Icon - This will delete the selected icon (if it is the last icon on the page, it will also delete the page)
Move Icon - This moves the icon', select it, then go to the page you want the icon and press and select Move Here
Copy Icon - This copies the icon; select it, then go to the page you want the icon to be copied to, press and select Copy Here
Move Here - This shows if you have seleced to Move an icon
(If you select this in a blank spot it will move the selected icon to the end of the page. If you select this on another icon (select icon to move then press on another icon) it will move the selected icon to that location and push the rest of the icon back)
Copy Here - This shows if you have seleced to Copy an icon
(Same as move icon)
-----------
Cancel
===================================================
(If you press and hold in a blank area)
copyhere.jpg

Add Icon (See menu 1)
Options (See menu 2)
-----------
Cancel

Menu 1
When you select “Add Icon” or “Edit Icon” you will enter the icon edit menu
iconmenu.jpg

Screen: This should be filled out all ready; to add the icon to a different screen or a new screen, change this number. To set the icon to the bottom static bar (the bottom icons do not move) set screen to -1. Note that the 1st page is number 0, the second page is number 1 and so on.
Icon: Location of the icon on that page. Note that the 1st icon is number 0; the second icon is number 1 and so on.

Name: This is the name that will display under the icon
Image: this is the location of the picture for the icon

Type: If this is a special icon, select it, otherwise select normal
  • Alarm State: shows alarm bubble if alarm is on
  • Battery: This displays the battery % left as a digital number
  • Bluetooth State: shows green oval when BT is on
  • Calendar: Displays calender day/date
  • Calendar and Appointments: Displays calender day/date and a bubble with # of upcomming appointments
  • Clock: Displays time
  • Clock and Alarm State: Displays time and a bubble if alarm is on
  • Missed Calls: Displays a bubble with # of missed calls
  • Next Tasks: Displays a bubble with # of Tasks
  • Normal: This is used for all normal icons that don't have a state
  • Unread MMS: Displays a bubble with # of unread MMS (does not work if your mms and sms are counted together)
  • Unread Other E-mail: Displays a bubble with # of unread non-Active Sync/Outlook e-mails
  • Enread SMS: Displays a bubble with # of unread SMS (does not work if your mms and sms are counted together)
  • Unread SMS & MMS: Displays a bubble with # of unread MMS and SMS
  • Unread Snyc E-mails: Displays a bubble with # of unread Outlook/Active Sync E-mails
  • Unread Total E-mails: Displays bubble with # of all/any unread e-mails
  • WiFi State: shows green oval when WiFi is on
Execute: This is the program that runs when the icon is pressed. WARNING Do not select any exe, lnk, mscr files with any of these characters !@#$%^&*()_+=-<>,./? This will crash iPhoneToday. If you need to use a file with one of these create a shortcut to that file and aim the icon at that shortcut.

• We now how special executables just put the bold bart below and when you press the icon, it will do the following actions:p
  • --keyboard command to show/hide the keyboard.
  • --winkey command to display the start menu.--rotate to rotate the screen 90 degrees
  • --rotate:<angle> (e.g. --rotate:270) to rotate the screen by the given angle
  • --volume:<number> to set the system volume to <number> (0-100)
  • --volume:+<step>
    --volume:-<step> to increase or decrease the system volume by <step>
  • --reset or
    --restart to soft reset the device
  • --off or
    --standby or
    --suspend to suspend the device
  • --minimize to minimize the iPhoneToday's window (only for exe version)
  • --taskbar to show/hide the taskbar (only for exe version)
  • --goto:up to go one page up
  • --goto:down to go one down
  • --add to open the add icon dialog
  • --options to open the options dialog
  • --close or
  • --exit to exit iPT (Note this is Disabled for the dll version)
  • --goto:2 (or any other number) to jump to screen #2 (or any other number)
  • --goto:next to jump to the next screen
  • --gotoprevious to jump to the previous screen
  • --reload or
  • --relaunch Causes iPT to reload the icons (used more with Mortscript)
Parameters: this is a command or setting used for the program being run. For example if you have a program that dials a number, this is where you would put the phone number
ExecuteAlt: This is the program that runs when the (special icon) has a status; call missed call
ParamsAlt: this is a command or setting used for the Alt program being run if any.
Launch Animation: Check this if you want a simple animation when the icon is pressed

Menu 2
When you select “Options” you will enter settings the edit menu

Main Screen Tab
This tab changes the look and placment of the icons
mainscreen.jpg

Icon Width: This is how many pixles in height and width the icons will be
Icons per row: This is how many icons will be per row
Text Height: Height of the text, same as font size in pixles
Text offset: Use this to un-center the text
Text Color: Font color
Bold checkbox: Check this box to make the icon text bold
Gradient: If you disable transparent, and don't use a background image in the background tab, using these colors will give your background a mix of the 2 colors; try its kinda cool
Minimum Vertical Space: This is the minimum space between the left and right side of each icon
Additional Horzontal Space: This is the addition roon between the tops of the icons. It spaces them apart
Offsets: This controls the thickness of the margins around the icons

Bottom Bar

This tab changes the look and placment of the icons in the bottom row (same as Main Screen Tab)
It does not have to match the Main screen, but it will look different
bottombar.jpg

Background
This tab changes the look of the background
sshot000.jpg

Wallpaper: This is the pictures used as the background
Static checkbox: Check this if you want the background to stay still; uncheck if you have a wide background that will scroll with the pages
Transparent checkbox: Check to make iPT's background transparent, this will make the desktop background visable
Color: Use with no picture, static and non-transparent, for a solid colored background
Skin
This tab changes the look of the notifactions bubbles for special icons
skin.jpg

Header height: This is how tall the page header/title is (you have to add the header by editing the icons.xml file)
Color: Color of header
Header weight:This is the thinkness of the header text
Header offset: How far from the top of the page the header sits
For more on headers and how to use them check here and check post 95
Circles Diameter: This is the diameter of the little page circles just above the bottom row
Circ. distence: This is the distence in pixels between the page circles
Bubble notif : This is the graphic used when there is a notifaction for a special icon, like how many appointments you have
Bubble state : This is the bubble used on the on/off state special icons
Bubble alarm : This is the bubble that is used for the alarm and clock and alarm special icons when the alarm is turned on
Movement
This tab changes the way the screens move
(If you change these settings, write down the ones that work first; that way you always know what you can go back to)
movement.jpg

Movement Threshold: This is how far your finger needs to slide before page starts sliding with it (make smaller to make page slide soner)
Movement Factor : This is how many pixels the page moves at once when slidding (keep small for a smoother slide)
Min Velocity : This is how slow the page wil slide back into place when you stop slidding (make higher to speed up page auto centering)
Mac Velocity : This is how fast the page can slide back into place when you stop slidding (make higher to speed up page auto centering)
Special Icons
This tab changes the look of the special icons
sshot001.jpg

Height : This is the height in % to the size of the icon for each area
Width : This is the width in % to the size of the icon for each area
Weight : This is how Bold/thick the text is for eacyh area

Battery: This is for the battery icon
DOW : Is the day of week (Mon, tues... Sun)
DOM : Is the day of the month (1st, 2nd, 3rd... 31st)
Clock : Well this is the numbers for the clock
Miscellaneous
This tab changes the look and placment of the icons
misc.jpg

Fullscreen: This makes the exe version full screen (no top or bottom bars)
Never Show Taskbar : This disables/hides the taskbar
Do Not Show Window Tittle : ????
Disable Right Click : This turns off right click or long press.
If you do this and need to get back into settings. Goto start --> Settings --> Today --> Highlight iPhoneToday and click options. Then you can re-enable it or change options
Ignore Rotation : It does not move the icons to landscape mode when you turn your screen
Notify Timer : This is how fast the page refreshes, or how long it will take the notify bubbles to apper
Close on launch : If you are using the exe version, iPT will close when you launch a program
Animate on Launch : I have not tired this one yet, but I think it allows/diables application animation when an icon is pressed
Vibrate on Launch : This is how long (in ms) to vibrate the device when an icon is pressed.

Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Advanced Functions

Advanced:

1. There are two great weather script/applictions that display an icon for the weather.

#1 From michoob

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=603817

weatherinbackground.th.png

#2 from arealityfarbetween

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=882110

YPi

1 (again). How Create Shortcuts (somewhat advanced)

1. Open NotePad on your PC
2. Type a one line command to what the link points to
a. The number before the # sign is the number of characters after the # sign
b. The text following the # sign is the location of the command
i. If this points to a file, it would look like “\windows\start menu\starfire.lnk”
ii. Since there is a space in the location, use quotations
c. The text after the file location is the paramters for the file; the below example pases the commands to open the SMS account and display it’s inbox location
3. Save the file with .lnk at the end

19#:MSINBOX -service "SMS" -open "Inbox"

2. MY XML EDITOR (more for editing text, link and mscr files)
I was unable to (no matter how much I tired or where I put the files) get PHM Notepad. I did find pocket text editor, which does work. Just copy the files to My Documents, and you can edit it from there. So far it works perfectly and saves the file correctly. File Attached

3. How to create a link to a phone number
I found using vj555 phone tools, you can have an icon call a phone number. You can download the phone tools here:

http://www.vijay555.com/

Just make sure you aim at the dialer.exe and set the phone number as a parameter. For Example

<icon name="Home" image="home.png" exec="\program files\vijay555\vjdialer.exe" parameters="8881234567" type="0" execAlt="" parametersAlt=""/>

When you hit the button, it will automatically dial that number. Remember no dashes in the phone number.

ANOTHER OPTION:
Here is a really cool program that will automatically create the contact links:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=555574

oldsap said it perfectly:
Manually creating shortcut files for sms and call sending to specific contacts requires using a text editor (in PPC and PC) and then manually typing text codes and memorizing the phone number for that particular contact, then repeating the same procedure again and again for each contact.

oldsap created a simple application to automate all of this.

4. Create an icon to a website

To create a link to a website, select the program you want the site to open in, in mycase, I use Skyfire. Under the parameters, put the exact website. Here is my icon to this forum.

<icon name="X-divs" image="\iPhoneToday\icons\XDADevs2.png" exec="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Skyfire.lnk" parameters="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=508429" type="0" execAlt="" parametersAlt=""/>

5. Create an icon to a folder

Set the exe file at your file explorer and set the paramaters to the exact location of the file to open. This is my link to my games folder
<icon name="Icons" image="\iPhoneToday\icons\icons.png" exec="\Windows\Start Menu\File Explorer.lnk" parameters="\windows\start menu\programs\games\" type="0" execAlt="" parametersAlt=""/>

6. Create an icon to a SMS and E-mail
Use the attached e-mail, outlook and SMS shortcut files, readSMS.lnk for text messages, use readHotmail.lnk for hotmail, ReadGmail.lnk for Gmail, and ReadOutlook.lnk ActiveSync e-mails; do not add parameters if you use these links.

Or you can create a shortcut (See #1 above)

SMS
Code:
19#:MSINBOX -service "SMS" -open "Inbox"
Outlook e-mails:
Code:
54#\windows\tmail.exe -service "ActiveSync" -open "Inbox"
Hotmail
Code:
40#:MSINBOX -service "Hotmail" -open "Inbox"
Gmail
Code:
38#:MSINBOX -service "Gmail" -open "Inbox"

7. Link an icon to a Settings
Attached are my "settings" shortcuts. These shortcuts take you directly to settings and functions on your phone:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3858415&postcount=547

I have also attached an all-settings-link zip file that contains all the settings available. They do not have fancy icons, but it covered everything. Please note, that some of the links go to a settings tab. For example the Backlight_Settings.lnk and Backlight_Battery-Power.lnk shortcuts go to the same backlight settings location, the difference is the Backlight_Battery-Power.lnk goes to the Battery-Power tab. Not all of my tab commands will work on all phones (sorry). So for that example, if you click both links and they both take you to the 1st tab; then tab selection is not supported for that settings location. And you only need one of the link files.

8. How do I rotate the screen
I have attached a switchrotation.zip file at the bottom of this thread. That will allow you to rotate the screen. {Thanks Jeannette for the program}

9. Link an icon to a Call History
To link to call history (files attached):
1. Download the LaunchMSItem.zip
2. UnZip the LaunchMSItem.zip and copy the LaunchMSItem.exe to your phone; (I reccomend your storage card)
3. Edit your "phone" or "call" icon and set the type to "Missed calls"
4. Set the ExecuteAlt to LaunchMSItem.exe's location
5. Set the ParamsAlt to CALLHISTORY_ALL_CALLS

This will, when you have a missed call, goto call history

10. Creating MortScript Files

This can be easy or complicated. I recommend vising the new thread dedcated to Mortscript, or tyhe one for icon programs here:
new thread for v1.4+
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5718197#post5718197

Old thread for v1.3 and older
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4308615#post4308615

11. How to create an apple icon for Manillia Today Page (a tab for iPT on TF3D)

Back on page 207, post #2063, bbonzz created Apple slider tab icons that can be used with Manila Today Page to have a unique slider tab for iPhone Today (instead of having to use the boring MTP Today tab or a tab that you weren't using).

On page 208, post #2079 (or around there), bbonzz has a .zip file of two manila files that will allow you to have a pretty basic Apple slider tab icon (similar to the old-style whitish slider tab icons of TF3D 2.0 and earlier.

Well, being the generous fellow that he is, bbonzz created a colored Apple tab icon for me that fits in just right with my TF3D 2.5 icon set that is a part of Herg's 23412 build. See pic below.

Just unzip and insert the two files in /Windows, replacing the current ones, reset, and select Today tab in Settings--Customize Tabs.

Please visit his post or the other 2 linked posts for the zip file...

12. Adding a link to a contact card

a link to the go2contact tool

xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=367332

It help to show a contact card with the contact name in parameter :
go2contact.exe "Doe, John"

Attachments

• All-Settings-Links.zip
    9.2 KB · Views: 1,553
  • LaunchMSItem.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 1,088
  • PocketTextEditorSetup.CAB
    40.4 KB · Views: 693
Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Here are the FAQ's:
----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Q: How do I make the bottom bar go away? (aka the soft keys)

A: I have come across a few solutions; if NueNoBar does not work, try question 2. 1st try NueNoBar, there are 2 versions (v1.3 and v2.0); I recommend downloading both, v1.3 works on some and v2.0 works on others.

I haver attached NueNoBar v1.3 & v2.0 to this post at the bottom

2. Q: NueNoBar does not work at all, no matter what I try!!

A: Here are 2 more options:

------2a. Try dciNoBar; NueNoBar did not work on my 2ed phone, so I tried this and it works perfectly. You can find one verison of it here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=356978
I haver attached dciNoBar to this post at the bottom

------2b. Also try a program called Second Today (thank you dustinmcd for this one and how to use it) http://www.chi-tai.info/cs_wm_tools_im_cs.htm#SecondToday; It has an option to hide the bottom bar and also gives the flexibility to use another plugin (such as Titanium) easily. Just enable no today plugins, set up iphonetoday as their "Second Today" and run it full time with minimal memory use.

3. Q. How do I have my calender show the days in my language?

A. Attached at the bottom of this post is a file called Settings XML files.zip this file contains the settings.xml files for all 4 phone resolutions and in English, Espanol (Spanish), Deutsch (German) and Français (French). Just replace your current settings.xml file in your "\iPhoneToday" folder on your phone with that one. Then restart iPhoneToday; now the days will be in your language.

I only speek English, so if I messed up; please PM me.

OR

You need to edit the settings file (located in: /iPhoneToday/settings.xml). Copy your settings.xml file to your PC. Open the file with notepad (ONLY USE NOTEPAD). Change the text inbetween the bracketed days:

ie:
English
Code:
<Sunday>Sun</Sunday>
Code:
[I]<Monday>Mon</Mon>[/I]
or Espanol
Code:
<Sunday>Dom</Sunday>
Code:
[I]<Monday>Lun</Mon>[/I]
or my favorite
Code:
[I]<Sunday>Rest2</Sunday>[/I]
[I]<Monday>Hell1</Monday>[/I]
[I]<Tuesday>Hell2</Tuesday>[/I]
[I]<Wednesday>Hump</Wednesday>[/I]
[I]<Thursday>Better</Thursday>[/I]
[I]<Friday>Party</Friday>[/I]
[I]<Saturday>Rest1</Saturday>[/I]

Save the file, and copy back to your phone. And reset iPT (disable it and re-enable it)

4. How do I add a new page?

A:
. 1. Go to your last page

. 2. Press and hold in any blank area to get the pop menu to add a new icon.

. 3. On the icon add/edit page, in the upper left corner is the screen # selection, it should already have a number. (I have 5 pages, and since the 1st page is page #0; it has the number a 4 in it).

. 3a. If you want to add the icon to the bottom bar, change the screen number to -1;

. 3b. If you want a new page, change the number up by one. For example, I have 5 pages, and I want a 6th page. So I changed the number from 4 to 5 (Remember the 1st page is #0, second page is #1, third page is #2; and so on...)

. Save the icon and now you will have a new page. Also, if you delete all of the icons from a page (like if you are moving them); once the page is blank, it will be deleted. So if you do not want the page to go away, there must be an icon on it.

5. Q: I was editing my icons and everything disappered

A: Chances are your icon's executable path has a special character in it !@#$%^&*()_+=-/.,<>?; or one of your parameters has a " in it. The extra " in your parameters will crash iPhone Today

6. Q: I get a small keyboard at the bottom of the screen
sip.jpg

A: Your screen height is a little too big. For some reason NueNoBar has a bug and causes this issue. Start by shrinking your screen height by 1. Open your text messages and close them. If the screen is still too high, the keyboard will still be there. Keep shrinking the screen height till it goes away. Unfortunatuly this will leave 2-3 lines of background/empty spcae on the bottom.

7. Q: How do I create icons to the settings on my phone

A: See the advanced walkthrough, link above; Link an icon to a Settings

8. Q: How do I link to my call history

A: See the advanced walkthrough, link above; Link an icon to a Call History

9. Q: How do I Link to my sms and e-mail

A: See the advanced walkthrough, link above; Create an icon to a SMS and E-mail

10. Q: My bottom icons are messedup/gone after switching back to portrait after landscape mode

A: Disable the landscape option in iPhoneToday settings. This is a problem on some phones and there is no real fix yet

11. Q: I have a scroll bar on the side

A: Your screen height is too large, or you have another today plugin turned on (under or over iPhone Today), or your icons are too big and over laping. You need to lower your screen height.

12. Q: Can we have a clock?

A:For those having problems to see the digital clock:

1 add a new icon, a blank one or one with only a colored background
2 execute nothing or, if you have, a shortcut to the winmobile clock
3 change the Type from 'normal' to 'clock'
4 Enjoy your time Thanks CU

13. What is the "dll" version?

This no longer applies

14. I have iPhone Today installed; how do I update

A: If you are going to install a new vrsion.
1. 1st back up your icons, icons.xml file to your storeage card.
2. Uninstall your current iPhoneToday
3. Restart your phone
4. Install
5. copy your backed up files back to the main iPhoneToday folder to be safe

Please note that for now you cannot backup your settings

You have updated your phone

15. During installation it says that the software in compatible with the operation system. I accept and continue the installation. When installation is completed I cant see the today plugin in the list.

A. {Thanks Jeannette for the answer and cab} you have to install the "RemoveSecurity.CAB " attached at the bottom of this post to remove the security warning. Also you have to install iPhoneToday to the device. If you install to 'My Storage' it doesn't show as a today item

16. How do I create icons that turn Bluetooth or Wifi on/off?

A: Download and install Raiisak`s Bluetooth Button and Raiisak`s WLAN Button from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=398050

AKToggleWifi is also a great program for WiFi Toggle.
You can find AKToggleWifi here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=442727

And you always have Sir. John's Toggle scripts:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4308712&postcount=2

17. Battery icon?

Check out this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4408487&postcount=2148

No longer needed (unless you want different looking icons). Now there is a battery type for an icon

Attachments

• DciNoBar.cab
    4 KB · Views: 489
  • NueNoBar1.3.cab
    7.7 KB · Views: 456
  • NueNoBar2.0.cab
    7.6 KB · Views: 639
  • RemoveSecurity.CAB
    71.8 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Here are links to different icons packs:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4636034&postcount=2615
Pfonck's Large notification bubbles
attachment.php

----------------------------------------------------

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3742417&postcount=130
drjim's icons

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=378260
bluemetalaxe icons (Link to thread)

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3746073&postcount=137
jaskiratsingh icons

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3799204&postcount=360
j101399j icons

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4322390&postcount=1944
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4358383&postcount=2029
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4359229&postcount=2032
Punker's icons

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4323957&postcount=1947
BOBO_01's icons (weather)

external icons
Original posted here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3807207&postcount=384

Here are the links, the 2nd link has over 2000 icons; thank you stevieray
http://rapidshare.com/files/158548222/tenuis.zip
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/5904/Tenuis_Repacked.theme.zip

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4232772&postcount=1524
bbonzz icons and WVGA settings

Last edited:

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Here are links to add on programs:

Programs and add ons

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3776128&postcount=246
Music player

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=508102\
Manillia Today Page for Touch Flow 3d This does not work on TF2D

There are many Mortscript based add ons available; they have been moved to:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=4308615#post4308615

Here is a really neat way to add a tab in TouchFlo 3D as iPT
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=4381541&postcount=2063
Thanks Bbonz

Last edited:

lsev

Aug 13, 2009
missing screen in iphonetoday

i have accidentilly deleted the third screen, how do i get it back?

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
i have accidentilly deleted the third screen, how do i get it back?

How many pages do you have, was the 3rd page the last page, or was it in the middle.

If it was the last page:
Press and hold to create a new icon, on the icon details page, in the upper left corner, you will see a "screen" option; change it to "2" (0 is page 1, 1 is page 2 and so on). Give the icon a name and save it. This will add a 3rd page. Now create as needed.

If you have more then 3 pages
You will need to move all but one icon off that page (to create a new end page see above steps). Then add a new icon to page 3 (if there are no icons, the page will delete). Move the last icon to the new last page. Since you have that new icon on page 3, it will not delete that page. Then you are ready to go.

blbean

Aug 21, 2008
ZH
Is it possible to create an icon that opens a new screen in IphoneToday? I created shortcuts to several phonenumbers. I'd like to group them. I mean when I hit the icon a new screen opens with the grouped shortcuts to the phonenumbers.

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
Can you go over adding pages..

Sure,

1. Go to your last page

2. Press and hold in any blank area to get the pop menu to add a new icon.

3. On the icon add/edit page, in the upper left corner is the screen # selection, it should already have a number. (I have 5 pages, and since the 1st page is page #0; it has the number a 4 in it).

3a. If you want to add the icon to the bottom bar, change the screen number to -1;

3b. If you want a new page, change the number up by one. For example, I have 5 pages, and I want a 6th page. So I changed the number from 4 to 5 (Remember the 1st page is #0, second page is #1, third page is #2; and so on...)

Save the icon and now you will have a new page. Also, if you delete all of the icons from a page (like if you are moving them); once the page is blank, it will be deleted. So if you do not want the page to go away, there must be an icon on it.

violinflash

May 28, 2009
IphoneToday for Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Hi there, Can I install the IphoneToday in Xperia X1 n can I have it as 1 of the panels?
Cheers!:)

DarkPrinceByWWW

Jul 15, 2009
After using iPT some buttons are useless now, like the Windows Hardbutton and the start menu (on my TP2. So, it would be nice to add some info to the guide to change the mapping og this buttons. You now how to map f.e. the Windows Hardbuttion to programs? And how to make a link to the settings, i mean just to all 3 tabs, not to specific phone settigs?

j101399j

Aug 5, 2008
Dallas, TX
After using iPT some buttons are useless now, like the Windows Hardbutton and the start menu (on my TP2. So, it would be nice to add some info to the guide to change the mapping og this buttons. You now how to map f.e. the Windows Hardbuttion to programs? And how to make a link to the settings, i mean just to all 3 tabs, not to specific phone settigs?

iPT does not disable or mess with the hard buttons when ran as a today plug-in. If you are using the exe version (start --> programs--> iPhoneToday.exe); then you will loose your hard soft keys bcause you are running it as a program, not a plug-in; same as any full screen program. If you run iPT that way, you will need to create icons to those settings/items. Since every phgone is different, I can't really create a guide how to add them

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To toggle gprs on/off, you can use VJVolubilis (Execute field VJVolubilis, Param fields -gprstoggle).

For callhistory, use the search button...
    9. Link an icon to a Call History
    To link to call history (files attached):
    1. Download the LaunchMSItem.zip
    2. UnZip the LaunchMSItem.zip and copy the LaunchMSItem.exe to your phone; (I reccomend your storage card)
    3. Edit your "phone" or "call" icon and set the type to "Missed calls"
    4. Set the ExecuteAlt to LaunchMSItem.exe's location
    5. Set the ParamsAlt to CALLHISTORY_ALL_CALLS

This will, when you have a missed call, goto call history

It's the only what i've found, but it isn't what i want.
    I need to create single key only for call history wich opens without any missed calls. Is there any command like :MSCProg for phone (i have it in "programms" and can launch without :MSCProg but i cant to do the same with callhistory) beacause:
    1) i havent got it in programms tab
    2) i dont know the command of it

Sorry annoying questions.

Try this program. Does it do what you need?
    Unzip this and copy the callhistory.exe program to your phone. Then just tap on it. it gives your choices on the bottom of the screen to very easily see what you want with one tap.