KingoApp root website

Search This thread

Unreasnbl

Jul 8, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
I am a paranoid person ...

A new user has posted a few times about a website that offers a download they say can root many devices including the new Sprint Tab SM-T217S.

The website is out of China and it is a new site. The company behind it is Kingsoft Technology Ltd. Their website has a few translation issues but it is mostly readable.

The site claims their software has been used by millions of users on hundreds of thousands of devices.

Perhaps they do exactly what they say they do, I don't know.

What seems more likely is their software may install something insidious on the Windows machine and the android device you are rooting.

I may test the software on a fresh Windows machine but I am no expert.

Does anyone have experience with KingApp? If I am way off base here please post that here.

Unreasnbl

kxhaz

Aug 21, 2009
Kansas City
There was some posts in another thread about this when I was searching how to root my Sprint Tab 3. A couple people checked the code they could and could not find any issues and several had rooted their devices with no issues.

I rooted mine last night this way as well with no issues at all. I scanned my PC prior to installing the app and right after installing the app as well as after uninstalling the app and nothing came up at all in the scans at all. My Tab rooted with no issues and is running great. Installed Greenify and Titanium Backup and got both set-up and some of the bloat apps frozen and have had no issues and the Tab 3 is running great.

Unreasnbl

Jul 8, 2010
Woodbridge, VA
Thanks for the info. I am not really concerned about the rooting. I will copy the Data and System partitions from the Tab before and after so I can compare.

I primarily worry about the software installing a root-kit or something on the PC. I still have not had a chance to mess with it, maybe this weekend. I think I will try running it in a Virtual windows install.

There was some posts in another thread about this when I was searching how to root my Sprint Tab 3. A couple people checked the code they could and could not find any issues and several had rooted their devices with no issues.

I rooted mine last night this way as well with no issues at all. I scanned my PC prior to installing the app and right after installing the app as well as after uninstalling the app and nothing came up at all in the scans at all. My Tab rooted with no issues and is running great. Installed Greenify and Titanium Backup and got both set-up and some of the bloat apps frozen and have had no issues and the Tab 3 is running great.

haxerpaylay

Oct 25, 2010
Houston

A new user has posted a few times about a website that offers a download they say can root many devices including the new Sprint Tab SM-T217S.

The website is out of China and it is a new site. The company behind it is Kingsoft Technology Ltd. Their website has a few translation issues but it is mostly readable.

The site claims their software has been used by millions of users on hundreds of thousands of devices.

What seems more likely is their software may install something insidious on the Windows machine and the android device you are rooting.

Does anyone have experience with KingApp? If I am way off base here please post that here.

Unreasnbl

I used the program to root mine, very easy and didn't mess anything up on my part.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: billfog

pakisprings

Oct 26, 2013
I used the program to root mine, very easy and didn't mess anything up on my part.

Its asking to enable USB debugging in developer options which I don't see in the settings on the tab. I've rooted several phones so I'm not new, But developer options is not where I would expect it to be. I'm guessing job security cause them to move it. Maybe?

Reactions: billfog

HarlyFan

Oct 21, 2010
MidWest
Has anyone tried this with Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3, does it work?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

billfog

Jan 13, 2009
As far as I can tell the KingoApp website root tool did not infect my computer and it flawlessly rooted the 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (sprint SM-T217S) tablets I have.

I hate to admit that I sometimes get things from torrent sites but doing so has made me fairly adept at spotting rootkits and viri.

Of course using a virtual machine would be the preferred method to use something like this. I am paranoid of the source....

bob_beringer

May 27, 2006
As far as I can tell the KingoApp website root tool did not infect my computer and it flawlessly rooted the 2 Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (sprint SM-T217S) tablets I have.

I hate to admit that I sometimes get things from torrent sites but doing so has made me fairly adept at spotting rootkits and viri.

Of course using a virtual machine would be the preferred method to use something like this. I am paranoid of the source....

KingoApp rooted my Galaxy Tab 3 7,0 AT&T SM-T217A version as well :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unreasnbl

Unreasnbl

Its asking to enable USB debugging in developer options which I don't see in the settings on the tab. I've rooted several phones so I'm not new, But developer options is not where I would expect it to be. I'm guessing job security cause them to move it. Maybe?
    http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html#42-dev-options
    I am new to Galaxy Tab 3, but not rooting and flashing. I rooted also using that sight and all seems well.