[Q] Rooting Note 3 AT&T Help !

Search This thread

salman1444

May 4, 2011
Toms River
I was waiting for a perfect method to root my NOTE 3 from at&t N900A .. So far i am confused now please i need guidence how to root my note 3 which method is perfect and the best now without causing any issues..

I have no idea what is MJ5 i have no idea about kingo aur safe trap,, So which one to follow now to root my at&t note 3. I dont want to loose my data while doing this , or if there is a perfect method which is not causing any issues i will perfrom it .. So basically need guidence and please also post a link if you can of the thread which you want me to follow that will be of great help.

Walter.White

Nov 28, 2013
I was waiting for a perfect method to root my NOTE 3 from at&t N900A .. So far i am confused now please i need guidence how to root my note 3 which method is perfect and the best now without causing any issues..

I have no idea what is MJ5 i have no idea about kingo aur safe trap,, So which one to follow now to root my at&t note 3. I dont want to loose my data while doing this , or if there is a perfect method which is not causing any issues i will perfrom it .. So basically need guidence and please also post a link if you can of the thread which you want me to follow that will be of great help.
Man oh man! Use Kingo Root. It won't wipe anything nor will it trip any flags. Google Kingo root. And you will find it.

Reactions: salman1444

salman1444

May 4, 2011
Toms River
So kingo root is the best method ? It will not cause any issues ? What is safe trap ? i just watched video of kingo root its very easy , i just dont wana run in any problem thats why confirming if there will be any issue of rooting note 3 at&t such as battery issue or some other related to knox

salman1444

May 4, 2011
Toms River
help

Man oh man! Use Kingo Root. It won't wipe anything nor will it trip any flags. Google Kingo root. And you will find it.

So kingo root is the best method ? It will not cause any issues ? What is safe trap ? i just watched video of kingo root its very easy , i just dont wana run in any problem thats why confirming if there will be any issue of rooting note 3 at&t such as battery issue or some other related to knox

And sir what is safe trap ? i watched a video on youtube the person was rooting note 3 from verizon mine is N900A from at&t with MI9 , so i should do it with kingo root ? NO issues what so ever and no loss of data ? And also using that software you can also unroot right ??

Walter.White

Nov 28, 2013

And sir what is safe trap ? i watched a video on youtube the person was rooting note 3 from verizon mine is N900A from at&t with MI9 , so i should do it with kingo root ? NO issues what so ever and no loss of data ? And also using that software you can also unroot right ??
Kingo Root is like one click and you are done. It's that easy.

Once you root your phone using Kingoroot...You can install Safestrap recovery. Which will allow to flash custom rom located in here. But you can't flash kernels using Safetrap since our Bootloader is locked.

Google "TWRP recovery FAQ" (Safestrap is based off TWRP) or something along those lines and it will give you an idea of what you can do with custom recovery.

P.S. You got lot to learn young grasshopper. ;) Start Googling. Trust me, I didn't knew jack about Android until I got my N3, about 2 months back.

Last edited:
Reactions: salman1444
Jan 24, 2014
Orlando
Hey guys
I have been trying to root my AT&T note 3 mj5 with kingo but have had no luck. Every time I connect my phone, it says it's an s2 instead of a note 3. I have tried with kies 3 installed and uninstalled, I have deleted every samsung driver from my PC and reinstalled the note 3 drivers. I have installed and uninstalled the drivers from kingos website and from Kies. I am having no luck at all. I have restarted my phone and PC probably 25 times in the process. Every time I try, I also get the pop up on my phone saying something is trying to access my device. It's the little shield icon...not sure if it's Knox or not.

Can anyone help me out?

Edit: after looking here more, I realized I still had lookout running...so that's part of it. So now I have to figure out why it still says s2 in kingo.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Kingo Root is like one click and you are done. It's that easy.

Once you root your phone using Kingoroot...You can install Safestrap recovery. Which will allow to flash custom rom located in here. But you can't flash kernels using Safetrap since our Bootloader is locked.

Google "TWRP recovery FAQ" (Safestrap is based off TWRP) or something along those lines and it will give you an idea of what you can do with custom recovery.

P.S. You got lot to learn young grasshopper. ;) Start Googling. Trust me, I didn't knew jack about Android until I got my N3, about 2 months back.
    If kingo don't work go here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48243768 and download rldv.zip

Extract rldv.zip to the root of your internal sdcard Reboot, then once SuperSu installs, Reboot again.