help please.

Search This thread

gerg6986

May 9, 2013
sterling
I recently acquired an optimus g and the guy that owned it before said he tried flashing a KitKat ROM and it soft bricked. I can't get the computer to recognize the phone and I got the most recent drivers for it. I was gonna use lgnpst to fix it but I can't. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can fix it?

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
I recently acquired an optimus g and the guy that owned it before said he tried flashing a KitKat ROM and it soft bricked. I can't get the computer to recognize the phone and I got the most recent drivers for it. I was gonna use lgnpst to fix it but I can't. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can fix it?

Computer doesn't recognize it at all, or just lgnpst? Lgnpst doesn't work with USB 3.0 if that helps explain it.

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
OK awesome, I will give that a try and report back when I get the chance. Thank you

Check device manager too. If it shows as QSUSB Dload it is a hard brick that can't be fixed with lgnpst.
What is it doing exactly, have you tried getting to recovery with button combo?

Last edited:

adfurgerson

Jan 24, 2011
its still soft bricked, i tried numerous drivers for the n4 and i still cant get my computer to recognize the phone. i dont know what to do...

I wonder if you could get adb to recognize phone. If so you could fastboot flash a different recovery, or adb push a zip to internal storage.
Does it boot to the splash screen? If so have you tried a factory reset using button combo?

Last edited:

gerg6986

May 9, 2013
sterling
I wonder if you could get adb to recognize phone. If so you could fastboot flash a different recovery, or adb push a zip to internal storage.
Does it boot to the splash screen? If so have you tried a factory reset using button combo?

it only boots to the lg logo, im trying SDK tools to try and get adb to recognize it. hopefully it works...

Top Liked Posts