Smartwatch 2 metal strap resize

Search This thread

markslo112

Apr 27, 2010
Ljubljana
Is there any way to resize the metal strap for the Smartwatch 2? I've seen posts that tell that the strap is adjustable, but I just can't do it. Whenever I try to push out the pin where the little arrow is, I nearly just break my hand because it just doesn't want to go out. Any ideas what to do? :confused:

The Basilisk

Mar 4, 2014
st. michael
Is there any way to resize the metal strap for the Smartwatch 2? I've seen posts that tell that the strap is adjustable, but I just can't do it. Whenever I try to push out the pin where the little arrow is, I nearly just break my hand because it just doesn't want to go out. Any ideas what to do? :confused:

You need to do more than push. I suggest getting a small nail or screwdriver and a hammer. Set the watch on a carpeted floor and tap the pin with your nail and hammer. One it starts to poke out the other side take a needle nose and pull out the rest of the way out

markslo112

Apr 27, 2010
Ljubljana
You need to do more than push. I suggest getting a small nail or screwdriver and a hammer. Set the watch on a carpeted floor and tap the pin with your nail and hammer. One it starts to poke out the other side take a needle nose and pull out the rest of the way out

I also tried using a hammer but as I said no matter how hard i try to push/hit the nail into the pin it just doesnt go out from the other side and therefore I cannot grab the pin.

blacwin22

May 14, 2009
I also tried using a hammer but as I said no matter how hard i try to push/hit the nail into the pin it just doesnt go out from the other side and therefore I cannot grab the pin.

it took a hell of a lot of hand strength and patience but i manage to resize mine with a thumb tack, needle nose pliers, and some kind of glove or covering for your fingers. im skinny and had to take out 6 links, with patience it took about 45 minutes to do and my fingers were pretty sore.

markslo112

Apr 27, 2010
Ljubljana
it took a hell of a lot of hand strength and patience but i manage to resize mine with a thumb tack, needle nose pliers, and some kind of glove or covering for your fingers. im skinny and had to take out 6 links, with patience it took about 45 minutes to do and my fingers were pretty sore.

I'm just thinking about taking the watch to the watchmaker to resize it. I don't want to scratch or break anything anything as it's really hard to push out the pins. :)

I just followed this great guide:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN1PTBNVLEI&list=FL-Gt6WULU4NoobapxCLxEjg&index=1

Since I don't have screwdrivers that tiny I hammered out the pins using a blunt thick sewing needle held steady with a pair of tongs.