[Q] Unlock SM-T217A? (AT&T)

Search This thread

mnealbarrett

Nov 27, 2012
I have a Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T217A that I purchased used through Cowboom. I would like to unlock it for other carriers. What would be the easiest and cheapest way to do this? I tried the AT&T unlock request page, but I am not an AT&T customer and never have been, and obviously do not know the name of the person who last used this device.

I have investigated the myriad millions of device-unlock services on the net, but my particular device doesn't show up on the drop-down-menu lists of supported devices on most of them.

mnealbarrett

Nov 27, 2012
Solved this one myself. I took the unit to an AT&T store and subscribed to the $15/month pre-paid plan, thereby becoming an AT&T customer. Then I filled out the form on the web site asking for the unlock code, which I got about 2 hours later.

Humblehippie

Jul 13, 2008
Ephrata
Solved this one myself. I took the unit to an AT&T store and subscribed to the $15/month pre-paid plan, thereby becoming an AT&T customer. Then I filled out the form on the web site asking for the unlock code, which I got about 2 hours later.

:confused:
Just curious: How long after getting the AT&T service did you wait before contacting them for the unlock code? I was actually thinking the same, but wasn't sure how long I would have to be with AT&T before I could get the code. I really don't want to be with them any longer then necessary. I have T-Mo & they give free Tablet data plans to customers, but I need the device unlocked first.
Thanx

LexApp

Oct 20, 2013
Owings Mill
Hi, seems I'm coming very late to the party. But I've got good news for the op. I bought this tablet off Amazon, arrived with 4..2.2, searched for unlock code and found none. Presently rocking GSM function on this tablet. How did I get it unlocked? RegionLock Away app by Chainfire. See link below.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2470551

Thank me, donate to Chanfire and buy me a beer later.

mkc512

Aug 12, 2016
i unlocked att sm-217a bootloader

i unlocked boot loader without bricking it just downloaded kingroot and rooted it then used chainfire bootloader unlock it says it don't support iyt and a quit notice pops up but I just hit the back button and proceeded with the unlocked granted su rights and it unlocked. I rebooted and it said custom unlocked

Hex_13

Nov 7, 2021
Hoping to revive this thread...
Mkc512,
Where did you find the app to unlock?