[MOD] Hardware modding, [Grey Chrome]

Search This thread

stickyasglue

Dec 22, 2008
Birmingham
I read some where before that you can brush the chrome on the Galaxy S to reveal black plastic underneath it, has anyone tried this? I would love a Galaxy S with a full black front.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: str9

jheysl2

Oct 27, 2010
London
I heard it looks quite bad when you brush the chrome off, im sure I saw it on a utube video but if u can find any decent pics/videos of it then it might be worth a try, im sure it would look nice if it was just black

davanw

Aug 19, 2010
Calgary
I did it. The plastic under the chrome is not black, it's grey.

greygalaxys.jpg

To get it to look like this, after sanding off the chrome with fine sandpaper, I then rubbed oil into the bare plastic to give it a shine.

stickyasglue

Dec 22, 2008
Birmingham

greygalaxys.jpg

To get it to look like this, after sanding off the chrome with fine sandpaper, I then rubbed oil into the bare plastic to give it a shine.

That looks amazing, if you have the time would you mind taking some other photo's of it? Maybe closer to the bezel ?

Regards

ANTiSTAR86

Mar 8, 2011
Hi,
i am also interested in casemodding. Isnt it possible just to replace the chromeframe?

Id like to take these ceramic frame and bettery cover from the sgs white edition. Is that may possible?

Greetz

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

stickyasglue

Dec 22, 2008
Birmingham

jodue

Dec 15, 2009
vienna

wow, looks really cool!

+1 for more photos :D

did you remove the frame to sand off the chrome or is it possible to do it without disassembling?

rudeboy150

Aug 13, 2010
What home app u using there for ur home screen if you dont mind me asking davenw

rudeboy150

Aug 13, 2010
O really well i like the icons im guessing the side icons is just shortcuts

Top Liked Posts