First leak of ICS 4.0.1 on Sense 3.5 for HTC Sensation

Search This thread

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
A very interesting ROM has been posted in the Sensation forum found for HERE by XDA's own Robocik and Capychimp of the RCmix Team. While I know this isn't specific to the Rezound, this certainly pertains to the newer crop of HTC phones scheduled to receive an update to Ice Cream Sandwich.

For anyone who doesn't know about the RcTeam, they provide the some of the most stable ports/bases of the latest leaked RUUs. This ROM happens to be based off of a leaked RUU for the HTC Sensation (a sibling of the Rezound) Android version 4.0.1 (will be updated to 4.0.3 upon official release I suppose) and will provide us with an idea of some the upcoming revisions to HTC Sense in preparation of the highly anicipated release of ICS.

Yes, there may not be much to read but sifting through the thread can provide us with some insight of what we'll get when HTC releases ICS for the newest HTC devices.

http://www.androidcentral.com/ice-cream-sandwich-rom-htc-sensation-leaks-out

http://android.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/htc-preparing-android-40-ice-cream-sandwich-wi-r137

http://www.theunwired.net/?item=lea...-5-rom-shows-htc-sense-for-ice-cream-sandwich

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phon...ch-on-the-galaxy-nexus-video-and-gallery/7007

Last edited:

crazeco

Oct 8, 2011
I understand why HTC is implementing sense from a business perspective - it's the only way for manufacturers to differentiate their products. This is why I left the Rezound for the Nexus. HTC will NEVER give users vanilla android. Sense = bloat. Bloat = lag.

And before anyone jumps down my throat - there's a major reason everyone wants perm-root on the Rezound so badly - to stop using Sense! Why else would the temp-root apps that allow you to "de-sense" over in the development forum be so popular?

*Madmoose*

Aug 13, 2011
I understand why HTC is implementing sense from a business perspective - it's the only way for manufacturers to differentiate their products. This is why I left the Rezound for the Nexus. HTC will NEVER give users vanilla android. Sense = bloat. Bloat = lag.

And before anyone jumps down my throat - there's a major reason everyone wants perm-root on the Rezound so badly - to stop using Sense! Why else would the temp-root apps that allow you to "de-sense" over in the development forum be so popular?

I think you're very misled if you think most people want root to disable sense.

Last edited:

AtLemacks

Aug 22, 2011
Mishawaka, Indiana
plus.google.com
There are people that would like to remove Sense tied apps. I like the look and feel, but I don't need 3 twitter apps, lol. They really should consider the "bloat" apps optional. I am sure there are people who prefer Sense Social networking over having different apps, then there are people who prefer using the branded app from the network itself. If they are going to lock us down, we should at least have the ability to pick and choose.

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
Just sayin...

I'm not going to lie, I'm not too crazy about that dock either but some of you are missing the bigger picture. HTC already has ported Sense over to the ICS framework. This means we could be fairly close to receiving our update. That being said, not only will we benefit from the features of ICS but maybe there will be some loopholes for root. After all, it is a new base for HTC as well.

I find it funny the first mentioned is how "ugly" the dock is instead of the overall features.

In regard to Sense, I enjoy it because after flashing AOSP roms, sometimes I just want things to just work. No using 3rd party apps or anything like that, all stock but with minor tweaks (when rooted of course).

sbtim

Oct 6, 2010
I like then new look, I don't care about the launcher either way as I never use the stock one to begin with.

What I'm really hoping for is for sense to be SLIMMED DOWN. A lot. Sense is just way too bloated compared to Touchwiz or whatever Motorola is calling their new skin.

crazeco

Oct 8, 2011
I think you're very misled if you think most people want root to disable sense.

Really? Because the most viewed and replied to thread in the Rezound forums deals with disabling the framework of Sense and additional bloat.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1367591

My point is, HTC is going to implement the exact same thing in ICS, which is why so many people find the Nexus attractive. It would be an extremely difficult choice for me b/w the Nexus and Rezound if HTC announced it would implement a vanilla android platform for ICS that's bloat free.

Last edited:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio

If sense equals lag, then why does the nexus lag? I like sense and so do a lot of people that use HTC phones.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

shankville75

Jan 31, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Really? Because the most viewed and replied to thread in the Rezound forums deals with disabling the framework of Sense and additional bloat.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1367591

My point is, HTC is going to implement the exact same thing in ICS, which is why so many people find the Nexus attractive. It would be an extremely difficult choice for me b/w the Nexus and Rezound if HTC announced it would implement a vanilla android platform for ICS that's bloat free.

So what about when S-off comes? The Nexus won't be as attractive. The ability to run Vanilla ICS or bloat-free sense will exist. At least the option to switch between the two will be there and we won't be left with just different versions of "Vanilla" ICS which will get old.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts