Raphael / Diamond Radio's

Search This thread

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I know from dealing with the Kaiser that you can use radio's from the POLARIS, SEDNA, NIKI, NEON on Kaisers and vice versa because they have the same chip / chipset.

Being that the Raphael and Diamond have the same chip / chipset I assume that is can also be done.

I see that the Diamond Radios are:

Diamond_Radio_1.00.25.03.zip

Diamond_Radio_1.00.25.05.zip

Diamond_Radio_1.00.25.06.zip

Radio_Test_1.02.25.11.zip

The Raphael Shipped ROM contains radio:

1.02.25.11.zip

Shouldn't these devices be able to use radios from either the Diamond or Raphael?

Last edited:

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
1. don't try a diamond or raphael radio on polaris/kaiser/nike/sedna generation.

2. diamond and raphael are very likely exchangeable.

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Hi mate, A rapahel radio which I tried didnt worked on My Diamond
This Radio is Raphael_Radio_1.01.25.16 just be careful

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
ok, the stall at 95% is normal, but you mean the RUU gave an error?

Yes nromally it should stay at 95 % for at least but no more than a minute, But eventaully it timed out and went into recorvery mode,

I was pretty sure it would work, i didnt try again, But if you need I can Upload this radio for you to test or have a look, it could be a one off bad flash

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Yes nromally it should stay at 95 % for at least but no more than a minute, But eventaully it timed out and went into recorvery mode,

I was pretty sure it would work, i didnt try again, But if you need I can Upload this radio for you to test or have a look, it could be a one off bad flash

ok, upload it somewhere :)

p.s.: if it was a radio you yourself packaged into NBH see if NBH type is 0x301 (0x300 would be incorrect).

palmbluetooth

Feb 27, 2006

Hi Dutty could you please upload this radio?

ausbj

Mar 1, 2007
SF
Radios

got my Touch Pro with radio 1.02.25.19 yesterday.
i wonder what the difference is?

Prerna

Jun 20, 2005
Bienne
got my Touch Pro with radio 1.02.25.19 yesterday.
i wonder what the difference is?

I got the same Radio' version on mine, and I must say I'm quite disappointed so far. Where I used to have HSDPA everywhere at home with my TyTn, now I only get GPRS, and only sometimes in some places I can catch HSDPA. Plus I notice it's less responsive in some situation.

Is there a way to upgrade to another one?

mrvanx

Retired Moderator
Aug 27, 2006
York
www.mrvanx.org
OnePlus 6
I got the same Radio' version on mine, and I must say I'm quite disappointed so far. Where I used to have HSDPA everywhere at home with my TyTn, now I only get GPRS, and only sometimes in some places I can catch HSDPA. Plus I notice it's less responsive in some situation.

Is there a way to upgrade to another one?

Not just yet, however HardSPL should be ready to roll soon according to Oli/cmonex. The radios issue has been common on most devices, on the diamond (same chipset) the reception has been found to work best on a different radio version to that which was shipped....it will be remedied soon ;)