[HOW-TO]Root your VirginMobile(CDMA) One V

Search This thread

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
I am happy to present to you the guide to root your VirginMobile One V.

REQUIREMENTS
  • VM One V
  • Bootloader Unlocked (guide here)
  • Basic knowledge and good reading skills :p

So 2 VM One V users had problems rooting their phones and then it was proved that their software was different. So, I modified the kernel ramdisk to include the SuperSU files and other files to help root VM One V

I had to just add few lines of code and transfer a few file here and there.

INSTRUCTIONS:
  • UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
  • Download the zip file and extract it to your Desktop or something.
  • Put your phone into fastboot mode(Vol Down + Power and then with volume buttons scroll to fastboot and press power button)
  • If on Windows open ---windows.bat file
  • If on Mac open ---mac.sh
  • And If on Linux open ---linux.sh
  • Let it do it's thing
  • Scroll down with Volume buttons and Reboot
  • Your phone will now be rooted.
  • If you have problems with WiFi just reboot and it will be fixed

DOWNLOADS:
http://d-h.st/bg9

CREDITS:

fauxsoul

Oct 22, 2010
Seems to have worked.

I was able to install super user (chainsdd)

I was also able to use root browser to delete some of the stock apps.

blackwolf1321

Feb 23, 2011
Lynchburg
Get Red and White HTC screen

Hey I tried your process no go for me. I unlocked my bootloader with no errors HBOOT says Unlocked at the top. S-on. I can fastboot flash a custom recovery. I even used yours .img file and flashed it but everytime I boot out of hboot and try to go into recovery. Instead of a custom recovery I get a white HTC screen with red lettering that says that this is used for development use only. I have rooted many phones and fixed gotten out of many jams on phones. This one has me at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
Hey I tried your process no go for me. I unlocked my bootloader with no errors HBOOT says Unlocked at the top. S-on. I can fastboot flash a custom recovery. I even used yours .img file and flashed it but everytime I boot out of hboot and try to go into recovery. Instead of a custom recovery I get a white HTC screen with red lettering that says that this is used for development use only. I have rooted many phones and fixed gotten out of many jams on phones. This one has me at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

I never said go to recovery...I said in fastboot do that....the instructions are very clear..

Sent from my HTC One V

Reactions: partha08

blackwolf1321

Feb 23, 2011
Lynchburg
I never said go to recovery...I said in fastboot do that....the instructions are very clear..

Sent from my HTC One V

I was in fastboot when I did it. I followed your directions to the letter. I understand that your .bat file is supposed to install the custom recovery then push supersu.apk and this roots the phone. What I get when I start the process I boot phone into fastboot then plug in USB run the .bat. the cmd window finds the phone it starts the process tries to go into recovery to push supersu it comes up to the white screen with red lettering I will post a picture of the screen if you need it. After 30 seconds or so the phone boot as normal.

So what I did was again boot into fastboot then manually go to cmd. I pushed your .IMG file manually and tried to boot into recovery where I can install supersu from a .zip file. Still no luck there same issue.
I think I will run the latest suu and try to root again.
Let me know if you want the screen shots.

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
I was in fastboot when I did it. I followed your directions to the letter. I understand that your .bat file is supposed to install the custom recovery then push supersu.apk and this roots the phone. What I get when I start the process I boot phone into fastboot then plug in USB run the .bat. the cmd window finds the phone it starts the process tries to go into recovery to push supersu it comes up to the white screen with red lettering I will post a picture of the screen if you need it. After 30 seconds or so the phone boot as normal.

So what I did was again boot into fastboot then manually go to cmd. I pushed your .IMG file manually and tried to boot into recovery where I can install supersu from a .zip file. Still no luck there same issue.
I think I will run the latest suu and try to root again.
Let me know if you want the screen shots.

It is actually a kernel with supersu in the ramdisk and not a recovery image ...check your applications..your phone is already rooted..

There is a thread in general with stock recoveries images'....since you flashed a wrong one flash the one for virgin mobile one v

Sent from my HTC One V

partha08

Sep 14, 2012
hyderabad
VIrgin CDMA on Reliance CDMA

Thanks dude for this post! Really helped me unlock my HTC ONE V (virgin CDMA) device through your method. I was successful in getting the MEID, MSN and the reliance number registered on this device. Well i am writing this cause now i have a strange problems, and i wish to share with you for your insight and help
1. The calls get cut within 2 Sec of dialing.
2. Even though i am able to send and receive SMS, the device still displays "virgin mobile" in the network operator field.
3. Under network type: it shows CDMA - 1xRTT. I guess this has to be 3G or at least 2G?

Kindly help me to get this fixed would appreciate any form of help.

Thanks
Partha

Noctourniquet

Jul 5, 2012
Lubbock, Texas
Thanks dude for this post! Really helped me unlock my HTC ONE V (virgin CDMA) device through your method. I was successful in getting the MEID, MSN and the reliance number registered on this device. Well i am writing this cause now i have a strange problems, and i wish to share with you for your insight and help
1. The calls get cut within 2 Sec of dialing.
2. Even though i am able to send and receive SMS, the device still displays "virgin mobile" in the network operator field.
3. Under network type: it shows CDMA - 1xRTT. I guess this has to be 3G or at least 2G?

Kindly help me to get this fixed would appreciate any form of help.

Thanks
Partha

Rooting/unlocking the phone wouldn't cause these problems. Also, isn't it supposed to say Virgin Mobile? After all, it is a Virgin Mobile phone.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

partha08

Sep 14, 2012
hyderabad
Rooting/unlocking the phone wouldn't cause these problems. Also, isn't it supposed to say Virgin Mobile? After all, it is a Virgin Mobile phone.

Right! That's why i wonder why do my calls get cut within 2 Sec of dialing :( and i got this to work in India on reliance network, hence it should say reliance and not virgin wonder why

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am happy to present to you the guide to root your VirginMobile One V.

REQUIREMENTS
    • VM One V
    • Bootloader Unlocked (guide here)
    • Basic knowledge and good reading skills :p

So 2 VM One V users had problems rooting their phones and then it was proved that their software was different. So, I modified the kernel ramdisk to include the SuperSU files and other files to help root VM One V

I had to just add few lines of code and transfer a few file here and there.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    • UNLOCK YOUR BOOTLOADER
    • Download the zip file and extract it to your Desktop or something.
    • Put your phone into fastboot mode(Vol Down + Power and then with volume buttons scroll to fastboot and press power button)
    • If on Windows open ---windows.bat file
    • If on Mac open ---mac.sh
    • And If on Linux open ---linux.sh
    • Let it do it's thing
    • Scroll down with Volume buttons and Reboot
    • Your phone will now be rooted.
    • If you have problems with WiFi just reboot and it will be fixed

DOWNLOADS:
    http://d-h.st/bg9

CREDITS:
    Worked for me.

Thanks for feedback..

Sent from my HTC One V Running SuPrimo v4.1(28/6/12)
    are these files mirrored anywhere else?? it looks like dev-host is upgrading the servers where this file is.... according to their twitter it doesnt look like itll be done for a while...

OK....I'll see. ...

Sent from my One V

Sent from my HTC One V
    Anyone know how to flash to page plus and still get 3G and have working mms?

Finally got it full flashed with 3G and MMS, for $49 and using Verizon network it can't be beat.