Screen Protectors

Search This thread

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
Hey people, just wanted to do my part and contribute.

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.

Not sure iff 70OFF1 is still working, but there is a new one 80off3

Cdoan34

Dec 20, 2010
Can anyone comment on the quality of xtremeguards? never really used a wet applied screen protector before, usually use SGP or something with dry application. just wondering about orange peel and stickyness.

shuckks

Jul 23, 2011
got the day after launch and still no scratches, I had a protector from Verizon on it for about a day then because of the bubbles and that one tiny speck of dust that always bothers you, I took it off. No problems since, but I have been very careful with it :p
Going to get a case though once the right one comes out.

redadz

Nov 21, 2012
I prefer not to use a screen protector, but I do already have a tiny hairline scratch on my new DNA after about a week. Don't know how I got the scratch; I'm pretty careful with my phone. But I can feel it and in the right lighting see it too. Considering adding a screen protector now, although I really like the smooth feel of the phone as is.

nicodemayo

Mar 29, 2011
Kennesaw, Ga
This phone needs a curved protector like the curved crystal for the s3 like Spigen makes. I ordered some cheap ebay ones as temporary protection and i just ordered some of those xtreme guards. Sadly I don't think the xtreme guards will suffice either because of the lack of curved edges. Nothing but a lint trap but we'll see.

azndan2

Apr 24, 2010
Los Altos
This phone needs a curved protector like the curved crystal for the s3 like Spigen makes. I ordered some cheap ebay ones as temporary protection and i just ordered some of those xtreme guards. Sadly I don't think the xtreme guards will suffice either because of the lack of curved edges. Nothing but a lint trap but we'll see.

I ordered 3, worst case scenario I will cut the protector if i have to

jonah1234

May 29, 2012
I feel that with the gorilla glass 2 there is no need for a screen protector and the screen is so smooth already.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

x4sper

Jun 15, 2010
Just got mine they are pretty damn good for the price. As good as invisible shield if not better. Customer service is 5 stars

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA

mkemnitz

Feb 1, 2012
Currently using an Armorsuit Militaryshield on the DNA. Stupid name, but I'm real happy with it so far. Still buttery smooth, and it is very well fitted to the screen. Hard to tell its even there.

rfarrah

May 30, 2008
OKC
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Just received my Xtreme guards. In case anybody is interested, the protectors don't address the rounded screen. It doesn't come with the wet application solution; you get to make your own with soap & water.

They also recommend you leave your phone off for 8-24 hours after installation.

Um.... no, that dog won't hunt - I'm on call. I'll probably put these on at some point, but I don't have high hopes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Xtremeguards https://www.xtremeguard.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=droid+dna has the Droid DNA wet apply screen protector on sale for $1.50 (originally $15) with free shipping. Just enter in code "70OFF1" at checkout. I bought 3 of them. Hope this helps someone. I haven't personally had experience with xtremeguards but I've used xoskins, another wet apply option and it worked pretty well.

Not sure iff 70OFF1 is still working, but there is a new one 80off3
    screen protector

The ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Screen Protector is the best!

I am patiently waiting for sgp steinheil, and a decent sleeve.
    Do any of you guys that don't have screen protectors on have any scratches yet? I know it is not supposed to scratch but that's not always the case. I currently have the Verizon one on mine.

I work in construction sites a lot. And I use my flash light app a lot. I will sometimes lay my phone screen down above the ceiling. There is always metal shavings and chunks of cement up there and I do not have the smallest hint of a scratch on my screen. I have also dropped it on concrete and asphalt, still nothing.

I honestly think it is a sales gimmick.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2