Ringke Hybrid Fusion Case

Search This thread

Chughes13x

Feb 3, 2012
Well from the looks of it, this is the case that a lot of people have been waiting for. Judging from the pictures, it appears to be made of TPU for the front lip and bezel area, but what makes this case special is the back of the case is hard transparent plastic. The perfect way to show off the awesome backside of the N4 without sacrificing protection! To me it literally looks like my Diztronic TPU case with a plastic back side. The case is listed as "coming soon" , and here is the link:
https://www.rearthusa.com/google-nexus-4-hybrid-fusion-case

IMO this may be the case to rule all cases....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Very nice looking case. Would to see a video of this case when its available

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Chughes13x

Feb 3, 2012
I will be purchasing this case as soon as it becomes available and once it arrives I will be writing an in depth review :) .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: DowntownJeffBrown

DowntownJeffBrown

Oct 15, 2012
Porter Indiana (Chicagoland)
I just bought this case. http://www.amazon.com/BasalCase-Nex...=1359213533&sr=1-1&keywords=basalcase+nexus+4

Depending on how I like this one and how well everybody else likes the Rearth, I'll probably be picking one up so I can have a different color.

I own that exact case. I really really like it and my only complaint as with most white cases its starting to get a Lil yellow tint on the corners of it all the way around. But I work in a refinery so its mostly my fault.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Jayrod1980

Elsydeon

Feb 10, 2010
Hilo
Waited for this sort of case for a long time and will definitely get it. But the one thing I suspect is, like current crystal clear hard plastic cases, the back will likely stick to any sort of rear protector and cause the sticky wet look.

scoobdude

Jan 8, 2008
I like this one. Not a fan of the clear back material but it will probably feel better in hand. Thanks op

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

kcbboy

Jun 15, 2010
Waited for this sort of case for a long time and will definitely get it. But the one thing I suspect is, like current crystal clear hard plastic cases, the back will likely stick to any sort of rear protector and cause the sticky wet look.

No I don't think so. The back looks like hard plastic not tpu material

Elsydeon

Feb 10, 2010
Hilo
No I don't think so. The back looks like hard plastic not tpu material

Even hard plastic can stick to rear protectors if it's of the glossy, "crystal clear" variant that is extremely easy to scratch, which is what I'm assuming this one will end up having. I know because I had a crystal clear case before on my Nexus 4, and the reason I got rid of it was because it stuck to my rear Spigen protector (it was also just cheaply made and had tons of stress cracks upon arrival).

If it had a matte frosted clear back, then it wouldn't stick. But it'd also block the glittering effect, making it no different than the other generic TPU/clear back hybrid cases already on Ebay.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well from the looks of it, this is the case that a lot of people have been waiting for. Judging from the pictures, it appears to be made of TPU for the front lip and bezel area, but what makes this case special is the back of the case is hard transparent plastic. The perfect way to show off the awesome backside of the N4 without sacrificing protection! To me it literally looks like my Diztronic TPU case with a plastic back side. The case is listed as "coming soon" , and here is the link:
    https://www.rearthusa.com/google-nexus-4-hybrid-fusion-case

IMO this may be the case to rule all cases....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Looks like Droid-Life got their hands on one and did a review. http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/1...-case-clear-back-shows-your-sparkly-goodness/

Materials and Protection

The Ringke Fusion is a mix of TPU and PC – TPU is the black part for bumper-style protection, PC is the clear back. The TPU portion has what feels like a soft, almost matte finish and does not give off the rubbery feel like other TPU cases. The PC see-through back piece has been given an anti-scratch coating to help with minor dings, but likely won’t withstand a full-on key scratch test. Overall, the materials combine well to give both a unique look and what should be ample protection from drops. It should also keep the glass backside of the Nexus 4 scratch free.

For those people who are wondering about the material etc etc etc
    We all love our phones, but I think that love transcends into obsession for some people here at XDA. This is a fairly inexpensive plastic case for a telephone, yet it's been scrutinized to hell and back and required to be perfect in every way possible. Let me assure you that it's really not that big of a deal if the buttons don't have the right 'feel' or there's a wet spot under the clear plastic back. There's probably something more important in your life happening right now that needs adressing.
    I just received my case a few minutes ago. I'm surprised it came so quick! Considering it was shipped via First Class Mail. lol

The last time I checked the tracking was yesterday and it was still in Coppell. Texas. It came to Brooklyn, NY just last night!

Here's a short review after applying it on:

I like how hard it feels (No, that's not what she said) and the texture of the edges. It feels like the smooth surface of my Diztronic case. The clear back certainly sticks to the my wet applied back protector but not to much. I might try to peel it off after a while. The clear back of the case was clothed with two clear plastic film, one on the back and one inside. As I peeled the films off I didn't like how the clear back felt. It felt like it could be scratch easily. The case is definitely harder than my diztronic case. I slid the case on to my phone and continued my observation.
    I noticed that if I were to place the phone on the table screen first, the screen will touch it and not the case. The surrounding edges of the case DOES NOT rise up the way my Diztronic case does. We're going to have bigger problems if it lands on the screen side. As for the volume rocker and power button, a light press on the power button or the volume rockers will enable them just fine. I'm talking about a really light press.

I took some photos as well. (I had to do all this quickly so bear with me)