[HOWTO] Enable MobileData and ADD MORE in your Notification Panel [UPDATED 1-24-14]

Search This thread

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Hello I don't know about some of you guys, but I turn my MobileData off and on all day long.. And I noticed that there wasn't a toggle for data on the AT&T Variant of 4.3 so I did some research and I found out there is a way how to enable the MobileData toggle in the Notification Panel!

Here's how..

1. You'll want to download SQLite Editor from here... (http://d-h.st/MQD)

2. Then once the app opens and everything loads, you then want to scroll down until you see Settings storage click it.

3. Click "settings.db"

4. Click "system"

5. Now here is the tricky part your going to want to look for "notification_panel_active_app_list" NOT notification_panel_default_active_app_list

6. Long press on it and click "Edit Record"

7. Where it says value you'll see all your notification panel toggles..click all down and add "MobileData;"

8. Once you do that click save and reboot! :cool:

WIFIHOTSPOT:

Follow the same steps as above but Add "WiFiHotspot;" using the listed instructions no quotes and note the semicolon at the end. Also, its case-sensitive.

To add both mobile data and WiFi AP, it will look like this:

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

Save, reboot, then add the toggles in settings. (thanks @taranis17)

gyrunyta.jpg

IF YOU ARE GETTING THIS ERROR!!!

Please run TB restore fixer (link below), and try again as it SHOULD fix your problem. ;)

LINKS

TB RESTORE FIXER
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.tbrestorefixerfree&hl=en

WANT 12 TOGGLES INSTEAD OF 10?

Another useful option here is:

notification_panel_active_number_of_apps

it can be set to a slightly larger number if there is not enough slots for all the switches you want (changed from 10 to 12 in my case). Both settings and the panel itself will reflect the change upon restart. (THANKS @avich)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-02-13-47-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-02-13-47-19.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,870
Last edited:

Steve.99

Feb 26, 2012
Montreal
Hello I don't know about some of you guys, but I turn my MobileData off and on all day long.. And I noticed that there wasn't a toggle for data on the AT&T Variant of 4.3 so I did some research and I found out there is a way how to enable the MobileData toggle in the Notification Panel!

Here's how..

2. Then once the app opens and everything loads, you then want to scroll down until you see Settings storage click it.

3. Click "settings.db"

4. Click "system"

5. Now here is the tricky part your going to want to look for "notification_panel_active_app_list" NOT notification_panel_default_active_app_list

7. Where it says value you'll see all your notification panel toggles..click all down and add "MobileData;"

Thank for this!

I also wanted the ;WiFiHotspot; in my toggle and found this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2382496

Its video someone made for the S4 but it works perfect on the Note 2.

I am using Sky Note Air and it worked perfect!.

Last edited:

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
Excellent... thanks. I used PowerToggles to add the missing MobileData toggle but your method is much cleaner.

menbaosusu

Feb 18, 2013
Vancouver

Here's how..

3. Click "settings.db"

4. Click "system"

Thanks, you are a life saver..saves me the trouble to go through all the hoops to go data activated. Hmm I wonder what is the code for enabling the lock screen toggle.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

menbaosusu

Feb 18, 2013
Vancouver

phantomas40

Jun 20, 2008
Hello guys, is there a way to change the position of the soft keys? I want the back key in the first place
bu8u4ara.jpg

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 usando Tapatalk 2

phantomas40

Jun 20, 2008
Thanks but it swap de capacitive buttons not the soft buttons :(

Enviado desde mi SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 usando Tapatalk 2

goofy22

Nov 12, 2011
Bay Area CA
Error

I get below error when clicking on settings.db
Anyone get this error. I have rooted my phone

"An error occured while opening the database. unable to
open database file (code 14):, while compiling: SELECT *
FROM sqlite_master WHERE type in('table',view') ORDER
BY name"

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Is there a simple way to add others that I grew fond of under Lidroid 15 Toggle Mod, like Mobile Hot Spot, and Flash Light?

I will find out that. I know I can add wifi hotspot and the flashlight toggle.

It's just if the Fiancé allows me to be on the computer... Had a little talk the other day and she said I've been ignoring her.. And spending to much time on computer ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flame Red

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
I get below error when clicking on settings.db
Anyone get this error. I have rooted my phone

"An error occured while opening the database. unable to
open database file (code 14):, while compiling: SELECT *
FROM sqlite_master WHERE type in('table',view') ORDER
BY name"

Are you on stock TouchWiz?

taranis17

May 26, 2012
Dallas
Is there a simple way to add others that I grew fond of under Lidroid 15 Toggle Mod, like Mobile Hot Spot, and Flash Light?

Yes. Add "WiFiHotspot;" using the listed instructions No quotes and note the semicolon at the end. Also, its case-sensitive.

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

Save, reboot, then add the toggles in settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Flame Red

Cbass15

Mar 4, 2012
Franklin, OH
Yes. Add "WiFiHotspot;" using the listed instructions No quotes and note the semicolon at the end. Also, its case-sensitive.

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

Yes sir! Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Here's how..

3. Click "settings.db"

4. Click "system"

WIFIHOTSPOT:

Follow the same steps as above but Add "WiFiHotspot;" using the listed instructions no quotes and note the semicolon at the end. Also, its case-sensitive.

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

Save, reboot, then add the toggles in settings. (thanks @taranis17)

gyrunyta.jpg

IF YOU ARE GETTING THIS ERROR!!!

Please run TB restore fixer (link below), and try again as it SHOULD fix your problem. ;)

LINKS

TB RESTORE FIXER
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.viper.tbrestorefixerfree&hl=en

WANT 12 TOGGLES INSTEAD OF 10?

it can be set to a slightly larger number if there is not enough slots for all the switches you want (changed from 10 to 12 in my case). Both settings and the panel itself will reflect the change upon restart. (THANKS @avich)
    You guys are very welcome!!! :)

I will find out that. I know I can add wifi hotspot and the flashlight toggle.

It's just if the Fiancé allows me to be on the computer... Had a little talk the other day and she said I've been ignoring her.. And spending to much time on computer ;)

MobileData;WiFiHotspot;

it can be set to a slightly larger number if there is not enough slots for all the switches you want (changed from 10 to 12 in my case). Both settings and the panel itself will reflect the change upon restart.