Requesting Custom Mods for Sony Xperia C

Search This thread

rikardo03

Dec 22, 2013
Caloocan
Hi

No, the process may be the same, but those files (sec.ro is the bootloader image) is device specific... :/ Remmember, the bootloader is like an PC Bios.

Still waiting Sony's reply about the email i sent them, with info about how to unlock it. It requires an patch bootloader with an specific key sign...

If Sony doesn't have it, they can request it to Mediatek.

The problem in my point of view, is that Sony doesn't want the bootloader unlocked.

Regards

I guess our only option is to wait. I hope the petition would make a difference. :sigh:

khashayar_khk

Feb 28, 2014
Hi

So here's another way to flash CWM Recovery / Your Stock Recovery

This time we'll be using the original Mediatek's flash tool (SPFlashTool).

*** And don't forget you need to have ROOT ***

1: Download This flashtool-stock recovery.zip - 20.92 MB
2: Extract it to your PC
3: The .zip contains: SPFlashtools; SPFlashTools Windows Drivers; Your Stock recovery.img and scatter file
4: Let's install the drivers, for detailed drivers instalation, refer to this thread. (Drivers don't work too well on windows 8 ...)
5: Now that you have the drivers installed, extract the "flasher.zip" in your PC (this is the SPFlashtools)

6:
Turn OFF your phone, and take out his battery .
Now Click on scatter-loading, and select the scatter file,
Now Click on Download, it will pop an message about "not ALL images......" Just press "YES"

BceFkj8.png

7: Now put the Battery back, and connect the phone USB Cable to PC, it will start the flashing process.
8: IF all goes well, you should see an GREEN CICLE in the end, and your stock Recovery should be restored

rlFluVs.png

NOTE: You can use this same instructions to flash my two test CWM, just replace the recovery.img

Best Regards ;)
Hey can you please give US a thread with pictures and guide us with the whole recovery and things because I don't know how to use Mtk flash tool and flashing

kiko6383

Nov 20, 2013
Using SPFashtool

Mates,

it is important that battery be removed when flashing using SP Flashtool
but then Xperia C's battery cannot be removed.

For common mtk device with dettachable batteries, the most common steps to flash using SP Flash Tool are:

1. Make sure the usb driver for your mtk devices are installed
2. You have the scatter text file (specific for your phone)
3. The recovery.img that you want to flash
4. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR DEVICE YET, run the SP FLASH TOOL.
5. Click scatter loading then select your scatter text file
6. After selecting scatter text file, check the box beside RECOVERY then select your recovery.img
7. After selecting your recovery.img, click on download (or F9) - it is important that your phone is not yet connected via usb cable
8. After hitting download, yes press YES when a pop-up message appear (saying not all images ...)
9. After step 8, this is just the moment for you to connect your mtk device without its battery.
Usually the bar with percentage below the SP Flash Tool will turn red, then purple, then yellow (it means that it is flashing perfectly). Just wait for it to complete
10. A green circle will appear when it is successfully flashed.

I hope it helps. Credit goes to the developer of SP Flash Tool.

P.S. - to developers out there, I am quite dumb about this. Will the open source provided by SONY for Xperia C be useful to develop CUSTOM ROM/S? Link provided below:

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/code/copylefts/16.0.B.2.13.tar.bz2

Thanks!

Last edited:

kiyee

Mar 16, 2014
China
Mates,

it is important that battery be removed when flashing using SP Flashtool
but then Xperia C's battery cannot be removed.

For common mtk device with dettachable batteries, the most common steps to flash using SP Flash Tool are:

1. Make sure the usb driver for your mtk devices are installed
2. You have the scatter text file (specific for your phone)
3. The recovery.img that you want to flash
4. DO NOT CONNECT YOUR DEVICE YET, run the SP FLASH TOOL.
5. Click scatter loading then select your scatter text file
6. After selecting scatter text file, check the box beside RECOVERY then select your recovery.img
7. After selecting your recovery.img, click on download (or F9) - it is important that your phone is not yet connected via usb cable
8. After hitting download, yes press YES when a pop-up message appear (saying not all images ...)
9. After step 8, this is just the moment for you to connect your mtk device without its battery.
Usually the bar with percentage below the SP Flash Tool will turn red, then purple, then yellow (it means that it is flashing perfectly). Just wait for it to complete
10. A green circle will appear when it is successfully flashed.

I hope it helps. Credit goes to the developer of SP Flash Tool.

P.S. - to developers out there, I am quite dumb about this. Will the open source provided by SONY for Xperia C be useful to develop CUSTOM ROM/S? Link provided below:

http://dl-developer.sonymobile.com/code/copylefts/16.0.B.2.13.tar.bz2

Thanks!
is this u upload 16.0.B.2.13 have language of Chinese ?

Last edited:

kiko6383

Nov 20, 2013
is this u upload 16.0.B.2.13 have language of Chinese ?

I suppose it does, because after updating through Sony PC Companion, I still have chinese language on my phone. But then, I am not a developer though, so I am not sure if the open-source would have that language. Sorry mate!

Droid_rohit

Mar 29, 2013
pune
Yeah mate, I tried it on my Xperia C. It's working fine. Although, I haven't tested all the modules. But, those which are specifies for Xperia phone are working.

Sent from my C2305 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

So i already made an CWM last night, but i still need to check an couple things on it.

(working at the moment, and tomorow is an very busy day at work)

So please stay tuned, i will release two CWM test versions these Saturday ;)

(Still not sure if they will work, with that locked bootloader of yours)

Regars
    Hello Guys,
    First of all i want to thank one and who has their contribution for Custom Mods and Apps for Android :good:.
    Its been a long time since Xperia C has been Launched. I have been surfing through the internet for Custom Mods and Updates
    of this mobile, but i didnt find any such:mad:. I request you guys please post Custom mods and Applications for this mobile.
    I will be so grateful for your contribution. Thank you guys.:eek:

Hello If u have Xperia C can u provide me System.img and boot.img? with the help of MTK Droid Tool 2.5.2
    Code:
    http://dfiles.ru/files/s1wpt4ph2
    i have xperia c, i am interested for root, cwm, roms,
    what to do please guide me for img. i am total new,
    provide me download link and instruct me step by step

Is your google search broken? This is not a babysitting venue. It is a forum where people come to LEARN.

So do some reading yourself and learn just like everyone else here.

If you don't want to read and learn then I suggest you get an iphone or nokia 3310.
    I see...
    Then there's nothing we can do. I also searched and Sony doesn't provide the Unlock for this boot loader.

And with that locked, there's no way to flash CWM,l.
    To flash the /recovery; /system; /cache ; etc partitions an unlocked bootloader is mandatory.

Well but, let me get home and download your files, I'm going to make an CWM either way.

Regards

OMG

thanks a lot
    Has anyone tested xposed module on a rooted xperia c.?

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

For me, only XBlast is working..