[APP][NEW] Cyanogenmod Changelog App - Bbqlog

Search This thread

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
Cyanogenmod CM9 Changelog app Bbqlog

BBQLog is the best official CyanogenMod Log around! Browse the changes online at http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/ or right from this app!
Get the changes for all CyanogenMod-enabled devices, and check all the latest nightlies available!
All devices with official nightlies are supported.

This changelog is better than the older ones because this uses the github api to get changes rather than gerrit. Gerrit does not include upstream merges in the log so you could miss very important features (such as themes engine, 4.0.4, kernel changes, that have all been upstream merges).

The source is available at https://github.com/BBQDroid/BBQLog

BTW, there is an easter egg ;)

Features :
- List nightlies for all devices
- List all CyanogenMod changes
- List devices' next nightlies changes
- List devices' specific nightly changes
- Tablet and phone UI!

Latest Version: 1.1.2

IMPORTANT : If you are having issues with the app in certain devices, please upload the LogCat as dev would like to review and update with the fixes. Thank you

Developer: @XpLoDWilD

Last edited:

androidindian

Nov 16, 2010
New Delhi
Screenshots

unnamedl.jpg
unnamed1z.jpg
unnamed2h.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: tomburnes

alncool

Jan 16, 2006
Paris
Nice, but it crashed when i selected LGE "optimus 2x" / P990.
Report sended after crashed ;-)

Keep up the good work !

timstanley1985

Sep 23, 2010
London
Hi,

Great app, thanks guys!!

Would like to request a feature though please. Can you set it up so clicking on a change takes you to the relevany page on Github, like the web version of BBQ Log does.

brealorg

Jan 2, 2011
enåsen.no
Question: Take the HTC Desire (bravo GSM), this has no CM9 nightly build.
The latest edition to Desire is cm-7-20120617-NIGHTLY-bravo.zip and not the changes that is listed in changelog.bbqdroid.org/#bravo/cm9/next

Perhaps there should be a way to specify this?

iXNyNe

Dec 26, 2010
nemchik.com
First impressions;
I agree with the post above that tapping a change should take us to github

Also I've notice, using the website if there have been no changes since the last nightly when viewing "next nightly" the site will say so. The app on the other hand shows a loading spinner and sits there looking like its eventually going to do something.

And last, I'm not a huge fan of the current device selection method. Tiny bar up top to scroll between manufacturers is a bit ungraceful. I know its a common theme for apps to have this type of look, but its associated with "tabs" in a program not to narrow results from a list.

I'm glad to see this app and I love the website :) keep up the good work.

Edit
Also download links would be cool (or just some way to go to the download page from the app)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
We'll be cleaning up and enhancing the app starting next week. Hopefully we will sort out the remaining bugs and crashes (that seems to be happening only on Gingerbread!).
We might also drop CM7 support completely.

We'll be adding also:
- GitHub links
- Direct download of a nightly (and eventually automatic flashing through CWM)
- New nightly notification

And a few various features.
Last, we're thinking about distributing a paid version with other features and no ads.

Oh, and there is no easter egg in this current version... But who knows about the future? :)

XpLoDWilD

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2009
France
www.xplod.fr
Logcat, logcat, logcat. We can't fix it if you just tell "it crashes!"
We have tested them on a few devices ranging from Asus tablets to various Samsung phones and we can't reproduce those crashes.
So in order to fix it, please give us the error message in logcat when it crashes, thanks :)

Capt4Chris

Mar 9, 2011
Nashville, TN
1.0.5 now crashes on Evo 4G LTE

1Hello, the app was working fine last night but I upgraded to 1.0.5 this morning and now the app won't even open, it just crashes... I'm on an EVO 4G LTE.

On a side note, is it safe to post a logcat publicly? I it seems like there would be sensitive info in there. Or is it better to email that info?

Update: just upgraded to 1.0.6 and app still won't open.

Last edited:

jakechance

Apr 20, 2010
I'm trying to run this on my Toro Galaxy Nexus with CM9. Everytime the app loads it says "An error occured when downloading device list. Please check your internet connection." I'm on wifi and can get to the net through any other app. Any idea what's going on?

brck

Feb 22, 2011
I'm trying to run this on my Toro Galaxy Nexus with CM9. Everytime the app loads it says "An error occured when downloading device list. Please check your internet connection." I'm on wifi and can get to the net through any other app. Any idea what's going on?

Same for me on the Galaxy SII Skyrocket i727 with the 7/30 CM9 nightly. I get the same message on wifi or data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Cyanogenmod CM9 Changelog app Bbqlog

BBQLog is the best official CyanogenMod Log around! Browse the changes online at http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/ or right from this app!
    Get the changes for all CyanogenMod-enabled devices, and check all the latest nightlies available!
    All devices with official nightlies are supported.

This changelog is better than the older ones because this uses the github api to get changes rather than gerrit. Gerrit does not include upstream merges in the log so you could miss very important features (such as themes engine, 4.0.4, kernel changes, that have all been upstream merges).

The source is available at https://github.com/BBQDroid/BBQLog

BTW, there is an easter egg ;)

Features :
    - List nightlies for all devices
    - List all CyanogenMod changes
    - List devices' next nightlies changes
    - List devices' specific nightly changes
    - Tablet and phone UI!

Latest Version: 1.1.2

IMPORTANT : If you are having issues with the app in certain devices, please upload the LogCat as dev would like to review and update with the fixes. Thank you

Developer: @XpLoDWilD
    We found the bug and the fix just got pushed on the Play Store. Please allow a few hours until it appears on your device.

Happening to me too on Maguro with CM10.
    Happening to me too on Maguro with CM10.

We temporary moved to another server - we're going to address this issue very soon.

Edit: Fix just got pushed to the Play Store, will be available in the coming hours.