Jellybean saved my epic

Search This thread

Fataldesain

Nov 1, 2011
I love the pure Google experience and I hate the touchwiz or any other skin. And when I say hate I mean like I will never buy or use it again. Anyway was running ICS and it was great but battery life a few other bugs it just never felt like it was meant to run on the phone. So I'm in Miami and maybe lte is around corner was going to sell for a nexus and would give up 4g. Now also must say I have a few sprint phones and the epic by far has always had the worst 3g 4g speeds. Only time it was OK was on el26. Have a nexus s 4g and it blows it out of the water side by side.

So the day I was going to sell and get a gal nex I tried jb ROM on the nexus s 4g and man did it make things better. Then I knew on the epic the Roms had the Los issue but man does it fly. It is perfect to me. All I do is keep on the wifi and never get Los (while connected to WiFi). I feel a perfect jb ROM is near and snappy is the word.

The sad part is phones barely have ICS and by the time job gets up to speed something else will be out. My main fear is another nexus being delayed and exclusive again. Google can't really keep screwing things up iPhone 5 will be very tempting for a lot of people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tykalx

tykalx

Feb 11, 2011
Miami
Im in miami too, actually contemplating leaving sprint for Verizon just because of the signal strength. But you raise an interesting point, if im patient good things may come.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
Ahhh the iPhone 5, the iPhone 4s with a few new apps and a new name. Same size screen, still no 4g and same old glass case designed to break the first time it falls off your desk so you have to buy a new one. Shattered case? Not covered by warranty :rolleyes: I think ill stick with android and a choice, I don't like being told what I'm supposed to like and what I'm allowed to do with something I own, oh yeah when you buy and apple product you don't own it you just paid to borrow it, they still control what you can do with it :thumbdown: lol. You Miami folks should be seeing LTE by January at the latest, coverage should begin spreading in the next month or so and continue thru January when the whole locale should be upgraded and ready to go live.

We are legion, for we are many.

Sent from the DarkSide of the GalaXy with a MEK device

Reactions: JessReid and tykalx

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
It shouldn't have anything to do with your ROM... Your modem speeds and signal strength are related directly to which modem you're using, and the towers around you. That said, FH13 modem was a colossal improvement in terms of reliability here in Detroit (compared to all previous ics modems)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

revamper

Feb 26, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
It shouldn't have anything to do with your ROM... Your modem speeds and signal strength are related directly to which modem you're using, and the towers around you. That said, FH13 modem was a colossal improvement in terms of reliability here in Detroit (compared to all previous ics modems)

That's not entirely true. I get far better data speeds on Gingerbread vs. ICS.

Reactions: crkdslider

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
I feel like that's a big fat placebo effect. I've gone back and forth from GB to ICS to JB, trying out different modems, and they've all been consistent in garbage speeds. Even FH13 is garbage speed, but it much more consistently gives me a "decent" connection than all the other modems, regardless of what ROM I was on

I'd like to know what your setup was during that speed test in your avatar lol
Says he's on university internet :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ahhh the iPhone 5, the iPhone 4s with a few new apps and a new name. Same size screen, still no 4g and same old glass case designed to break the first time it falls off your desk so you have to buy a new one. Shattered case? Not covered by warranty :rolleyes: I think ill stick with android and a choice, I don't like being told what I'm supposed to like and what I'm allowed to do with something I own, oh yeah when you buy and apple product you don't own it you just paid to borrow it, they still control what you can do with it :thumbdown: lol. You Miami folks should be seeing LTE by January at the latest, coverage should begin spreading in the next month or so and continue thru January when the whole locale should be upgraded and ready to go live.

We are legion, for we are many.

Sent from the DarkSide of the GalaXy with a MEK device
    I love the pure Google experience and I hate the touchwiz or any other skin. And when I say hate I mean like I will never buy or use it again. Anyway was running ICS and it was great but battery life a few other bugs it just never felt like it was meant to run on the phone. So I'm in Miami and maybe lte is around corner was going to sell for a nexus and would give up 4g. Now also must say I have a few sprint phones and the epic by far has always had the worst 3g 4g speeds. Only time it was OK was on el26. Have a nexus s 4g and it blows it out of the water side by side.

So the day I was going to sell and get a gal nex I tried jb ROM on the nexus s 4g and man did it make things better. Then I knew on the epic the Roms had the Los issue but man does it fly. It is perfect to me. All I do is keep on the wifi and never get Los (while connected to WiFi). I feel a perfect jb ROM is near and snappy is the word.

The sad part is phones barely have ICS and by the time job gets up to speed something else will be out. My main fear is another nexus being delayed and exclusive again. Google can't really keep screwing things up iPhone 5 will be very tempting for a lot of people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2