[Q] Windows 8 file coding

Search This thread

iamthecoder

Mar 5, 2014
I was looking through some files and i found alot of files that had coding like this :¤¢±–§nLée˜»=“5ê{i!¿èb5n)–~
åðZá
¸cYœúÌ*pa%êÁR "çÓ+©qhÿ˜î™)ZÎmðxŒ)8`Íše*PD×Ú±#jMˆ’Zž1ú}(ñe4Ô*šùØÕÖf[9A‰c
K6lZ®s^ô¢N€é-…BÄ~žÎäÃ6™® ̉ÐhxËòùQç6,mØFŠ,ÈFìoã¢‹™E¹ÆƍlóS–ñÇøÙ¿DR¶ä:TZKFl/öô§q
s1x„ö÷Ùç½ÓšÃsäá!˜ˆ•Ä <:} @Óv˜£+×_ãOÉžéd—b#ùƒ
/EJàã$Ĺ2¸²Æ*Þ„œRbÜïÏ|W’]‹[П6Ðh‰’I»½FýšNÖBJ]tßüŸš!‰Óp 2’aåÖïS¢ ;´-N(’ÅHºuà§' åu£s°·#
•Ë÷¦ÒywÄ•˜š‚

Could someone help me with this!

FIle address

C:\Users\dasd\AppData\Local\Packages\GluGamesInc.SamuraivsZombiesDefense_2mkdfttccc4r6\LocalState

There is a file there called localsave_offline_Save.data it aroused my attention so i looked through it and im no wizard at decoding so help please!

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
That is because the file is not stored as plain text and is raw binary data. Notepad then attempts to try to load it as plain text and as you can see fails miserably to make anything of it.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Yeah... the file could be anything from a binary representation of in-memory data structures to encrypted plain text. Without decompiling the app, I probably couldn't tell you which. Totally not worth the effort.

iamthecoder

Mar 5, 2014
RE:

Yeah... the file could be anything from a binary representation of in-memory data structures to encrypted plain text. Without decompiling the app, I probably couldn't tell you which. Totally not worth the effort.

How would one decompile the app?

Also if it was encrypted plain text how could i decrypt this .

P.s
Im using word pad if it makes any difference here it is in notepad : ꊤ넘阞溧䰎早뮘錽楻뼡㕢⥮纖嫰ċ掸鱙Ǻ⫌慰勁*⯓熩罨飿駮娩淎磰⦌怸髍攑傠Ʉ???⎱䵪銈鹚僧⡽旱퐴骭???훕学㦏襁੣腋氶媏玮亢蔭쑂縎캞쏤餶ޮ觌棐쭸鱗ⰶ???䘔Ⲋ䛈᫬๯订䖙욹跆匎뿙剄吺䭚汆ꟴᥱ猋ᄆ砱Ⴝ髓珃頡閈߄㨼紁䀇盓ꎘ휫쥏靤⍢菹ጋ䔯ⓣໄ뤞렲욲???鲄劁???쿯坼嶒謕嬚퀓㚟棐銉뭉뵿﵆亚䋖嵊璏???ﰝ骟褡팔쉰㈠憒ᇥꉓ㬉ⶴ亏鈨䣅疺➧輠痥ꌛ猈뀄⎷ଜ쮕꛷秒遷闄骘ஂ???歿ᙊᱲ֪柗錥햑愙╨ꉜ鬀폿벹휵ኩ뾳閥巵숹争퍨逞ꬡ滱ⴡꎣᆵ㉭छ홐曩䝅ꖁ•淴疊苧ᾼ겒溂ꬳ켥ꄕ妕傮ⅼ䪙汵ᙜ???螑䓥坙뛋䟹䷭蘰꟝윾텩뵼㊵⎦⦙椏Ჷꝱ癫୦◴桨???﨏裇鲕ﯬ빍???䌎歹ꍂ歆濌꼂㵢ᙳ㇆䙩敇트???簲䜅ࡦ穚շ浑냗彌㩎㼷鏉׆䳰綔᚝䠡ᄓ콊肨֍碱啷???㥯ܩ栭牄׏઻Ȅ咢䪏马킀၌㗂⬃뻝週ᬓ倱㋲㭀ᆱ???㏰շ↚䴊濭൳鳛襉꜌덺铸㡯ᵑ쭷肳牨쁠鵡⏼鿈䭚咔綜眕Ꮮ萿࿢躄ɬ隲윃㵔ᘭ琢ꙝ炙놕뜥묞⬴힒৖ओᦑㄦߊ䜈䗐⚬쥝묕蝪旭愔薻필勞???萯貿Ȍퟡ慩ꆟ瑠꽴瓼???菙뿮㱶즓馁៛৺娿糗讬睢峿剟w쓘鬐轻㞱齹糗ꞩ쩪勯淒䃴木ᚿ楨봴ꁜ쎋恮䧑◴毝佻雑ⵋⴙ鄅㯨ﴣ察閸必狴醷㕁???隸ᷙഌ쮨竕ᛲᦥ왽充疒咔塐???鏀叁።渵끴쀡뢦蝬뵬䜜Ხᴐᶻ

The file is attached incase you can decrypt if it is plain text

Attachments

• localsave_offline_save.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 5

SixSixSevenSeven

Dec 26, 2012
It is not necessarily a straight forward process.
Decompiling the app can be a hit and miss procedure, not really legal either. You would have to attempt to fully reverse engineer the file format from what may be partially broken code and then write your own code in order to load and edit the files.

Not a process which can be done by a newcomer in under half an hour (or insert any other time period), or one that you can easily write a straight up tutorial for.

If it was encrypted plaintext (unlikely) not raw binary structures (very very common), the point of encrypting it is that a person cant decrypt it. There are numerous encryption methods available and they could have used any one. Brute forcing encryption can be very very slow with times to decode ranging from minutes to months, and not knowing what encryption method is used your probably looking at years as you try each method separately. Again, not really something a tutorial can be done for, Cryptography is a fine art, reverse engineering encryption is perhaps the finest part of Cryptography, its an experts field.

GoodDayToDie

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Seattle
Eh... depending on the encryption used, and the way the app is compiled, it may be easy to reverse. You'd be amazed how many apps (mobile or otherwise) use something stupid like AES-ECB with a hardcoded key of something like MD5("THESECRETKEY"), or even just XORing with a constant string. That said, Microsoft does make it easy to do better than that, with their incredibly-simple-to-use-but-hard-to-reverse Data Protection API for apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Realistically you can't so I suggest learning how to play the game properly rather than editing your save state :p