(Q) please help a retired customizer out

Search This thread

tcsheen

Sep 15, 2009
I have been basically flashing KitKat ROMs this whole year and due to life events have gotten fuzzy on the ins and outs of flashing OTA's. So here's my question/favor...

Can someone please tell me what I need to do to install superlite ROM? I THINK I have an unlocked bootloader because I am on ML1 firmware. I just keep seeing warning signs saying if I'm unlocked then do not install the NE1 based ROMs... I truly just want to get back to touchwiz and am thinking I will brick my phone if I even try ...

I figure this has been answered, but I'm so confused that I am asking for simple step by step instructions to go from SlimKat 7.0 stable on my Verizon S3 to the SuperLite rom

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
You would need to be in the stock, VRUDNE1 4.4.2 OTA before you could run any VRUDNE1 based rom. The firmware on the VRUDNE1 update actively prevents it from booting on mismatching or older firmware. So you'll need to 1) Odin VRUCML1 4.3 and OTA to VRUDNE1 or Odin VRUDNE1 2) use Towel root to get root access 3) use unofficial Safestrap tool 4) flash Super lite using unofficial Safestrap.

Once on VRUCML1 stock OTA or higher, there is no bootloader unlock. There is no more using AOSP. There is no flashing custom kernels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: ShapesBlue

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You would need to be in the stock, VRUDNE1 4.4.2 OTA before you could run any VRUDNE1 based rom. The firmware on the VRUDNE1 update actively prevents it from booting on mismatching or older firmware. So you'll need to 1) Odin VRUCML1 4.3 and OTA to VRUDNE1 or Odin VRUDNE1 2) use Towel root to get root access 3) use unofficial Safestrap tool 4) flash Super lite using unofficial Safestrap.

Once on VRUCML1 stock OTA or higher, there is no bootloader unlock. There is no more using AOSP. There is no flashing custom kernels.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4