1600mAh battery from Ebay

Search This thread

pollux1151

Feb 28, 2011
LosAngeles
i bought there cheap batteries from Ebay (12$ for two)
i am surprised to find that they did last longer than the stock battery.
what a good deal:rolleyes:

i am using LeeDroid GB3.30 rom,
using the "Battery Monitoring Widget"'s estimate
the battery will last seven days if left on idle status.

Last edited:

Scott_S

Nov 27, 2010
i bought there cheap batteries from Ebay (12$ for two)
i am surprised to find that they did last longer than the stock battery.
what a good deal:rolleyes:

i am using LeeDroid GB3.30 rom,
using the "Battery Monitoring Widget"'s estimate
the battery will last seven days if left on idle status.

So you're saying that in testing through actual usage you've seen better results?

All conditions being the same, you've determined that the new battery gives you a longer amount of time between charges than the stock battery does?

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
I bought three of these batteries, because they were like $1 each from China, and all of them are no different than the stock. Grab a tool and check the actual capacity and you will see that they are exactly the same spec as the OEM battery.
By the way, this is very old news. Did you search before posting? I didn't think so.

R

ranklepup

I bought three of these batteries, because they were like $1 each from China, and all of them are no different than the stock. Grab a tool and check the actual capacity and you will see that they are exactly the same spec as the OEM battery.
By the way, this is very old news. Did you search before posting? I didn't think so.

OWNED

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

fastatlast

Feb 2, 2011
Cali4yea
I was thinking about buying a 1500 mah battery from ebay then I read a thread stating that the Inspire 4g stock battery lasted longer. The "Mah" rating is not industry regulated so basicly a manufacture can put 1600 mah on a battery thats 1100 mah without getting reprimanded or fined. So be carefull where you buy these batterys from and make sure the Co. is reputable first.

Last edited:

g3ismeee

Apr 29, 2011
PORTLAND
I was thinking about buying a 1500 mah battery from ebay then I read a thread stating that the Inspire 4g stock battery lasted longer. The "Mah" rating is not industry regulated so basicly a manufacture can put 1600 mah on a battery thats 1100 mah without getting reprimanded or fined. So be carefull where you buy these batterys from and make sure the Co. is reputable first.

...for any given LiION battery of a given size, pretty much x capacity is the result +- a very negligible amount...really...that's the state of the tech...ebay is full of peeps wanting to sell "magic" to other peeps wanting a something as elusive as "battery life" of a smart phone...really...snake oil...

Reactions: MM57677

nhshah7

Feb 14, 2009
Boston
or you could just copmlain to ATT that your battery sucks and get one sent to you FREE under warranty :)

nowseewhatudid

Account currently disabled
Jan 6, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
I had bought 2 Chinese batteries on eBay and they r worse than the stock battery helpful if your battery dies but none the less waste of money

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Gizmoe

The technology itself is the cap. For this size this is the most juice you are going to get, unless they figure out a way to pack more energy cells into the same amount of space. Which they haven't. Don't be fooled. The battery that came with phone is the best available for this phone.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App.

Last edited:

studdmufin

May 26, 2011
I got some extended batteries and found I had to fully charge them then wipe the battery stats run it down to 0 then charge it to 100 before I saw an improvement, but now I can get like 13 or 14 hours of use on average. I also like being able to carry around a spare battery

Gizmoe

I got some extended batteries and found I had to fully charge them then wipe the battery stats run it down to 0 then charge it to 100 before I saw an improvement, but now I can get like 13 or 14 hours of use on average. I also like being able to carry around a spare battery

All that did is calibrate the battery. It's not going to hold any more juice than the space allows. It's physics. Until a new technology comes out...
I get better battery life than that and I have never changed my battery.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    their is absolutely no way that a 2200 mAh battery can fit in this phone

You must've missed the "jk" at the end of that post.
    their is absolutely no way that a 2200 mAh battery can fit in this phone

JK or not, he never did say it was an "internal" battery. :p

...for any given LiION battery of a given size, pretty much x capacity is the result +- a very negligible amount...really...that's the state of the tech...ebay is full of peeps wanting to sell "magic" to other peeps wanting a something as elusive as "battery life" of a smart phone...really...snake oil...
    I too, am a PC repair tech, and know the importance of going with a quality PSU or generic. I can also vouch that big name PC manufactures do use cheap PSU in their systems, Dell is notorious for this. Can't complain too much though, the fact they use cheap PSU is like job security for me. :D

Also, lithium batteries and power supply's are two totally different beasts. It's really hard to goof up in producing a lithium battery. Ether the cell is going to work, or it's not. The only factor you have to be concerned with is how honest the manufacture was in it's rating. ex Claiming the cell is rated at 1500mah when it's really only a 1000mah cell. That being said, when you get a new battery, charge it, measure its voltage. and if it's putting out around 3.7v, you're good to go.