Search This thread

avyonix

Mar 30, 2012
Yeah..must be my network hving problems then..managed to get it from my home pc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
It's likely to be possible, but the magnitude of complication to add it is too much for an odexed stock ROM. So it's won't be possible in the foreseeable future, at least by me. If someone can make it, it would be better, I'm busy cooking something else ATM actually.

Reactions: albsat

sperug

Feb 5, 2010
Rimini
Awesome! Thank you again

I installed the new fugumod 246, and not only my bluetooth problems were resolved, but I tested and gained in antutu 6715 and in vellamo 1245...

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
I need your help :D. Anyone interested in beta testing send me a PM answering questions below:
- What can you do with these apps: BetterBatteryStats, CPU Spy and Battery Monitor Widget?
- Are you running Trickster ROM? Which version?

Please keep your reply as short and concise as possible. Testers will be selected from how well you've answered these questions and whether you're running Trickster ROM, but the latter is not a requirement.

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
New Trickster ROM

New version released with changelog longer from the last and more tricks up its sleeves ;):
Version 1.2 (2012/05/23)
- Now also include chainfire’s su and SuperSU, it will be installed by default unless user has Superuser Elite installed
- Add some essential apps to user apps upon clean installations
- Convert some system apps to user apps (easy removal if you want to) for user installs without wipe
- All included user apps are updated to latest
- Supercharged services.odex to be more multitask friendly (Zeppelinrox)
- Switch kernel to leanKernel 3.7.0 stable (imoseyon)
- Rewritten optimization script to support most if not all kernels and kernel features out there
- Screen state optimization so the ROM enters lower power usage state when standby and in high performance mode when being used, this also fixes screen unlock lag (ch33kybutt)
- Added mobile data build.prop tweaks for faster speed
- Optimization script now writes log to logcat. Use "logcat | grep Trickster" to read log.
- Optimization script config file is now moved to /sdcard/trickster/trickster.conf. Read it carefully to change ROM/kernel configs. To apply most options immediately use tricks command from terminal/adb after saving your settings in trickster.conf

Full changelogs

Users that are already on Trickster or stock ROM, you can flash this without wipe. Still in case any problem arises (force closes, or some weird behavior), please wipe and reinstall.

This version will dynamically create a config file at /sdcard/trickster/trickster.conf based on the kernel you're using. With this file you can change every settings of this ROM and virtually every mod includes in any kernel out there. Read it carefully before trying to apply settings if you're not familiar with Linux shell scripting, with great power comes great responsibility. And remember that at default settings this ROM is already screaming fast and smooth :D, so in most cases you don't need to change it.

The next version's gonna take a while as I'm trying to tackle something harder for me, unless google drop another OTA. So for the latter case, we might have a quick update.

And before I forget, I'd like to dedicate my thanks to the beta testers especially diggmc who gave me ideas to deliver a better user experience with this version.

P.S.: If you want to be this ROM beta tester, please contact me via PM.

Last edited:

swanwila

May 13, 2012
Screen gamma

Flashed this, very impressive!

But I noticed that the screen is "too blue" for me.
Is there any chance to change screen gamma setting in this rom?

FIXED : With Franco kernel app :D

Last edited:

nexus.prime

Mar 14, 2012
"Screen state optimization so the ROM enters lower power usage state when standby and in high performance mode when being used, this also fixes screen unlock lag (ch33kybutt)"

Hi bigeyes0x0

Could you suggest that automatic profiles script separately from ROM/kernel?

applicable to any ROM/kernel

Ryan Tan

Mar 31, 2012
hi Bigeyes, I just flashed Trickster 1.2 by using cwm method and came from AOKP b37 .. I did wipe everything and install. May I know should I flash the Radio XXLA2 and Bootloader PRIMALA03 ? Thanks in advance.

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
Not necessary, I find that signal quality depends on your network and the radio you use, so if signal is not good where it is supposed to, try another.

bigeyes0x0

Jun 20, 2011
Saigon
Yeah it is, it's disabled by default so you need to open up /sdcard/trickster/trickster.conf and change WF_PM= to WF_PM=1 , then reboot.

Reactions: mobidzid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting Trickster ROM, an original IMM76I stock ROM which some tricks included :p:
    - Rooted
    - Busybox
    - Odexed from stock ROM
    - Tweak colors (optional but applied by default)
    - Zipalign at boot (optional but applied by default)
    - SQLite database optimization at boot (optional)
    - Screen state kernel task scheduler and virtual memory tweaks (optional but applied by default)
    - Ability to choose Governor, I/O scheduler, min and max CPU frequencies
    - Ability to setup various kernel mods in various kernels
    - Script to move dalvik-cache to cache partition to free up additional space on /data partition -> More space for your virtual sdcard
    - build.prop tweaks to make the ROM smoother, with better mobile data speed and more battery friendly
    - sysro, sysrw commands

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Download
    Trickster ROM 1.2.1
    MD5: 0b883334caba0289aba17e4cc7f1afca
    Changelogs

Installation instructions:
    - Reboot to CWM recovery
    - If you're not from stock or this ROM, please wipe data/factory reset
    - Install zip from sdcard
    - Install any mod you want
    - Profit...
    If you comes from older ICS build than IMM76D, it is recommended to flash latest bootloader and radio. Instructions in this post.
    If you mess up editing trickster.conf and can't boot, use this CWM zip to reset.​

Mods
    Battery and Navigation Button Mods
    Circular Battery
    538408409.png

Iced Honey Battery
    549319669.png

Percentage Battery
    538408302.png

Credits:
    - Google
    - ChainsDD and chainfire for su binaries and su management apps
    - nikademus and imoseyon for kernels
    - ch33kybutt's for his brilliant idea on screen state optimizations
    - Stephen (Stericson) for busybox and toolbox binaries
    - Geo411m for the original CWM updater script, build.prop tweaks and for your inspiration
    - he_stheone64, phone_user, mrvirginia and wurstfett for battery and navigation bar mods
    - Beta testers for your dedication in testing this ROM
    - Anyone I learnt from at XDA

Disclaimer: This is my first ROM so I won't be responsible for any sh*t that might happen with your phone. In fact, for subsequent works, I am not going to be either. You do whatever you like with your phone.

Beta test:
    If you want to be this ROM beta tester, please contact me through PM.
    New Trickster ROM

New version released with changelog longer from the last and more tricks up its sleeves ;):
    Version 1.2 (2012/05/23)
    - Now also include chainfire’s su and SuperSU, it will be installed by default unless user has Superuser Elite installed
    - Add some essential apps to user apps upon clean installations
    - Convert some system apps to user apps (easy removal if you want to) for user installs without wipe
    - All included user apps are updated to latest
    - Supercharged services.odex to be more multitask friendly (Zeppelinrox)
    - Switch kernel to leanKernel 3.7.0 stable (imoseyon)
    - Rewritten optimization script to support most if not all kernels and kernel features out there
    - Screen state optimization so the ROM enters lower power usage state when standby and in high performance mode when being used, this also fixes screen unlock lag (ch33kybutt)
    - Added mobile data build.prop tweaks for faster speed
    - Optimization script now writes log to logcat. Use "logcat | grep Trickster" to read log.
    - Optimization script config file is now moved to /sdcard/trickster/trickster.conf. Read it carefully to change ROM/kernel configs. To apply most options immediately use tricks command from terminal/adb after saving your settings in trickster.conf

Full changelogs

Users that are already on Trickster or stock ROM, you can flash this without wipe. Still in case any problem arises (force closes, or some weird behavior), please wipe and reinstall.

This version will dynamically create a config file at /sdcard/trickster/trickster.conf based on the kernel you're using. With this file you can change every settings of this ROM and virtually every mod includes in any kernel out there. Read it carefully before trying to apply settings if you're not familiar with Linux shell scripting, with great power comes great responsibility. And remember that at default settings this ROM is already screaming fast and smooth :D, so in most cases you don't need to change it.

The next version's gonna take a while as I'm trying to tackle something harder for me, unless google drop another OTA. So for the latter case, we might have a quick update.

And before I forget, I'd like to dedicate my thanks to the beta testers especially diggmc who gave me ideas to deliver a better user experience with this version.

P.S.: If you want to be this ROM beta tester, please contact me via PM.
    New Trickster ROM released brings it to version 1.1 with some new tricks:
    - nikademus's FuguMod kernel with unsecured and init.d support boot image
    - WIFI_PM mode (FuguMod) to enable high performance wifi when screen is off (optional)
    - Tweak colors (optional but applied by default)
    - Zipalign at boot (optional but applied by default)
    - SQLite database optimization at boot (optional)
    - Ability to choose Governor, I/O scheduler, min and max CPU frequencies (optional)

These new features boiled down to the use of nikademus' FuguMod kernel and scripts which you can configure using file /sdcard/trickster.conf
    Code:
    ######################################################################
    ####################### Trickster ROM settings #######################

# Settings are applied at boot                                       #
    # To set default a setting leave it blank otherwise set it to        #
    # the value you want. e.g. IO_SHED=noop                              #

# Enable color tweak
    # Value = integer, 1 to enable
    # Default = 1
    COLOR=
    # Gamma offsets
    # Value = integers
    # Trickster defaults = -5, -5, 0 (r, g, b)
    # Android defaults = 0, 0, 0 (r, g, b)
    # Trickster gamma offsets are set by default
    RED_OFFSET=
    GREEN_OFFSET=
    BLUE_OFFSET=
    # Color multipliers
    # Value = integers
    # Trickster Default = 1400000000, 1520000000, 2000000000 (r, g, b)
    # Android defaults = 2004318071, 2004318071, 2004318071 (r, g, b)
    # Trickster color multipliers are set by default
    # Do not set these values greater than android defaults or you might
    # burn your screen
    RED_MUL=
    GREEN_MUL=
    BLUE_MUL=

# Set screen off WIFI high performance
    # Value = 0 to disable, 1 to enable
    # Default = 0
    WF_PM=

# Set IO scheduler
    # Value = noop, cfq
    # Default = cfq
    IO_SCHED=

# Set read ahead
    # Value = positive integer
    # Default = 256
    READ_AHEAD=

# Set CPU scaling governor
    # Value = conservative, interactive, ondemand
    # Default = interactive
    GOV=

# Set CPU min frequency
    # Value = 345600,691200, 1036800, 1344000
    # Default = 345600
    MIN_FREQ=

# Set CPU max frequency
    # Value = 345600,691200, 1036800, 1344000
    # Default = 1344000
    MAX_FREQ=

# Enable zipaligning apk
    # Default = 1
    ZIPALIGN=

# Enable SQLite database optimization
    # Default = 0
    SQLITE=
    # Duration between SQLite optimization
    # Value = positive integer , days between possible runs at boot
    # Default = 7
    SQLITE_DURR=

Read it carefully and change settings to your liking ;).
    Settings are applied at boot and in case you mess up, just delete the file and it will be recreated with default settings on next boot.
    Enjoy!
    @avyonix: Yeah I run it on noop by default. This ROM actually uses google IMM76I stock kernel with tweaked ramdisk for unsecured adb and init.d support, thus all voltages are at stock and tend to be higher than any custom kernel out there.

@ransagy: AOSP roms are compiled from source, this one is not it's from IMM76I google stock ROM modded with tweaks. It's kinda like ARHD but even more stock, ARHD is deodexed so anyone wants theme can go there. I won't provide that as my target will be ROM delivery speed and ability for users to use OTA then applying Trickster experience later.
    Can you confirm that the kernel is different from 76d? Maybe a md5 or build signature check?

Thanks!
    There's a patch for kernel inside the OTA zip and the kernel is built on Apr 13th so it's different than the one in 76D

Bản này fix lỗi sóng chưa bác chủ
    This is an English forum so English please. According to this google issue, it's fixed.