HTC One SU (T528w)

Search This thread

luapsogard

May 12, 2008
I didn't try to do it. I am quite thanks with the phone for the moment. Which is the advantage of having it? (clockworkmod)

sielik

Dec 15, 2007
Did you manage to install clockworkmod? I have not been able to - getting China Unicom start up screen with a padlock sign (I have unlocked and rooted).

Alex

Hi
I v got mine also unlocked and rooted, installed google play. Did you use Gmail application from google? I have problem with this because it does not synchronize, i have to manualy press to sync. I go into settings in gmail and set to synchronize 30 day and try to turn on the synchronization but it always go to accounts but there is no option to add my gmail addres to sync. Any ideas?

Second thing how to disable charging animation when phone is on and connected to charger?

Last edited:

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012
CWM Recovery T528w

Hi
I v got mine also unlocked and rooted, installed google play. Did you use Gmail application from google? I have problem with this because it does not synchronize, i have to manualy press to sync. I go into settings in gmail and set to synchronize 30 day and try to turn on the synchronization but it always go to accounts but there is no option to add my gmail addres to sync. Any ideas?

I have the same problem, I also can't figure out how to keep my contacts sync'ed with google contacts. The event seems to happen in random since I can't add google account in [Accounts and Sync settings].

The HTC One SU (t528w) is a great device I'm loving it but the problems due to not finding enough resources is depressing. For example I still have to deal with chinese language in some apps like HTC Market place and Contacts location while I don't have any option to change it.

I managed to unlock, root and install CWM Recovery for it. If someone is looking for CWM Recovery image I can provide it for you, it's also available on: bbs.xda.cn/thread-11231481-1-1.html (I can't understand chinese but I managed to register, reply and download it).

If anyone can help me on how to fix Accounts and Sync, or how to install another compatible ROM which is not Chinese please let me know or point me on where to do it.

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012
I have the same problem, I also can't figure out how to keep my contacts sync'ed with google contacts. The event seems to happen in random since I can't add google account in [Accounts and Sync settings].

The HTC One SU (t528w) is a great device I'm loving it but the problems due to not finding enough resources is depressing. For example I still have to deal with chinese language in some apps like HTC Market place and Contacts location while I don't have any option to change it.

I managed to unlock, root and install CWM Recovery for it. If someone is looking for CWM Recovery image I can provide it for you, it's also available on: bbs.xda.cn/thread-11231481-1-1.html (I can't understand chinese but I managed to register, reply and download it).

If anyone can help me on how to fix Accounts and Sync, or how to install another compatible ROM which is not Chinese please let me know or point me on where to do it.

I just figured out how to fix the sync problems, here's the way:

1- First you must be sure to install full gapps including gmail, google+ and make sure they work.
2- Edit this file /data/system/sync/accounts.xml and find the line which includes: authority="gmail-ls" enabled="false" and change the enabled to "true".
3- You can change the enabled for other accounts/types as well if you want.
4- You can also change the sync timer in <periodicSync period=".." in seconds.
5- Restart the device

Another newbie w/ HTC One SU but need Google

Hi guys,

I'm embarassed to admit that I bought this dual SIM phone (1/2 price of Glaxay dual SIM) and didn't even consider the "can't use Google Apps on Android in China b.s.". I know, smart move on my part. Now I'm in the same boat as others on here, trying to figure out how to (i) get Google Apps installed and (ii) getting the extra Chinese stuff off.

Below is some info I've found for what it's worth....

I saw this company is offering to sell the phone already configured the way I need it, but unfortunately too late for me since I already bought it: [Making the newbie remove the link to etotalk]

I did a little research to see if this phone is really a rename of another HTC phone that has other "MOD ROMs" already available out there. (QUESTION -- To be honest I don't know what needs to match: another dual SIM, or the radios, or other hardware spec (screen etc..) -- I just don't know what needs to "match" for a MOD ROM to work right.)

My first guess is the closest HTC device is HTC Desire SV [making newvbie remove link to SV specs on HTC's www website]
If so, then CyanogenMod has the “saga” for HTC Desire S [making newbie remove link] QUESTION -- Will a "non" dual SIM ROM work in a dual SIM phone (is the dual SIM a "base" Android function, or have to be in the special MOD?

There are MOD ROMs from CyanogenMod for One S ("ville) and One X ("endeavoru") -- But I know these are more "different" from the One SU than the Desire SV is.

There are MOD ROMs from Viper for One S and Desire

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

luapsogard

May 12, 2008
For me it was quite simple in installing google play. I had an Desire S (sold now) and I made a backup of all the applications and services. Then, with Backup & Restore I restored the services needed on t528w. Everything went fine. With synchronizing Gmail it was same problem, too, but I really don't know how I fixed it. Sometime I still receive an error that the process google.partner (I guess) is not able to do something.

sielik

Dec 15, 2007
I just figured out how to fix the sync problems, here's the way:

1- First you must be sure to install full gapps including gmail, google+ and make sure they work.
2- Edit this file /data/system/sync/accounts.xml and find the line which includes: authority="gmail-ls" enabled="false" and change the enabled to "true".
3- You can change the enabled for other accounts/types as well if you want.
4- You can also change the sync timer in <periodicSync period=".." in seconds.
5- Restart the device

Hi
This does not work for me. I have edit accounts.xml with root explorer and save changes, but after restart the file is changed to original version and state "false" in gmail-ls. Installed most of google apps, maps, gmail, g+.

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012
I was thinking almost the same approach and I also found that Desire SV is so close to it more than others but I couldn't find the right build to try it, because I'm not sure Desire S would be the same. However I might give it a try when I've time. If you did before me please let me know about the results.

In regards to Google Apps, it's easy to install them if you have rooted, as you can see in my next post.

Hi guys,

I'm embarassed to admit that I bought this dual SIM phone (1/2 price of Glaxay dual SIM) and didn't even consider the "can't use Google Apps on Android in China b.s.". I know, smart move on my part. Now I'm in the same boat as others on here, trying to figure out how to (i) get Google Apps installed and (ii) getting the extra Chinese stuff off.

Below is some info I've found for what it's worth....

I saw this company is offering to sell the phone already configured the way I need it, but unfortunately too late for me since I already bought it: [Making the newbie remove the link to etotalk]

I did a little research to see if this phone is really a rename of another HTC phone that has other "MOD ROMs" already available out there. (QUESTION -- To be honest I don't know what needs to match: another dual SIM, or the radios, or other hardware spec (screen etc..) -- I just don't know what needs to "match" for a MOD ROM to work right.)

My first guess is the closest HTC device is HTC Desire SV [making newvbie remove link to SV specs on HTC's www website]
If so, then CyanogenMod has the “saga” for HTC Desire S [making newbie remove link] QUESTION -- Will a "non" dual SIM ROM work in a dual SIM phone (is the dual SIM a "base" Android function, or have to be in the special MOD?

There are MOD ROMs from CyanogenMod for One S ("ville) and One X ("endeavoru") -- But I know these are more "different" from the One SU than the Desire SV is.

There are MOD ROMs from Viper for One S and Desire

Appreciate any guidance.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

As for me, this is how Installed Google Apps:

1- Unlocked (htcdev method) and root'ed (Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17)
2- Installed CWM Recovery image (using fastboot).
3- Downloaded GAPPS Aroma version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1869453
4- Installed it through CWM.

After that, Google Play worked and asked to add my google account and so everything else worked (esp. gmail) and without errors.
I solved the sync using the method I mentioned in my earlier post.

For me it was quite simple in installing google play. I had an Desire S (sold now) and I made a backup of all the applications and services. Then, with Backup & Restore I restored the services needed on t528w. Everything went fine. With synchronizing Gmail it was same problem, too, but I really don't know how I fixed it. Sometime I still receive an error that the process google.partner (I guess) is not able to do something.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Hi
This does not work for me. I have edit accounts.xml with root explorer and save changes, but after restart the file is changed to original version and state "false" in gmail-ls. Installed most of google apps, maps, gmail, g+.

Ok here's what I did:

1- Using ES File Explorer as root I mounted /system for writing (from Settings, Root options).
2- Using adb I pulled a copy of the accounts.xml edited it locally, then pushed it back to the same location. I also made sure the permissions are okay:

Code:
adb pull /data/system/sync/accounts.xml 
adb push accounts.xml /data/system/sync/accounts.xml 
adb shell
chmod 0644 /data/system/sync/accounts.xml

3- I mounted back System as readonly.

I guess you can also try to do the same on CWM Recovery, just make sure you mount /system and use adb as I did. Or I guess you can just make sure that all apps are terminated and mount system writable then do it via root explorer or similar apps.

* I also think that mounting /system as writable might not related however it's important to make sure that all apps are closed, use taskmanager to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: heXor21

catalinburtea

Apr 17, 2011
How did you guys managed to install CWM? I received my phone rooted and unlocked and with Google apps installed (which work OK, by the way). What version did you use? I'd be grateful if you posted a link.

Also, you think there's a better custom ROM that we could install?

Thanks!

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012
How did you guys managed to install CWM? I received my phone rooted and unlocked and with Google apps installed (which work OK, by the way). What version did you use? I'd be grateful if you posted a link.

Also, you think there's a better custom ROM that we could install?

Thanks!

Is it an international version or chinese? I mean do you have any problems selecting locale settings other than English (China) and you don't see chinese words in some apps like contacts local?
If so, it may be good to get a clean copy of your ROM so we can try to flash it on our devices as well. Of course, you need CWM to make that easy.

I will send you the link to download CWM in private because I guess it's not allowed to post here, also the instructions on how to install it are below:

1- Turn off your devices and remove the battery.
2- Put the battery back and hold Power-On and Volume Up buttons at the same time until it stats the bootloader.
3- In your PC install HTC Sync Manager if not yet installed but if you already have the drivers you can bypass this step.
4- Plug your Phone USB to the PC.
5- Use fastboot to do the following:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery cwm-T528w_recovery_PA2.img

wait until it finishes successfully, then choose the recovery menu from your bootloader (use Vol-Up, Vol-Down and Power to select).

* Please note that for first time, CWM recovery may take a while or you may need to press Vol-Up to make it appear. Once the interface appeared don't press Vol-keys or it would restart.. You can start interacting with it using the touch screen.

I'm also obliged to warn you that this may brick your phone because it involves flashing, so if you device is not compatible or you didn't follow the steps carefully any thing can go wrong I honestly don't know what might go wrong!

This warning is forwarded from other posts where I got my instructions for first time, although everything worked smooth for me.

drs_sa

May 10, 2007
france
Is it an international version or chinese? I mean do you have any problems selecting locale settings other than English (China) and you don't see chinese words in some apps like contacts local?
If so, it may be good to get a clean copy of your ROM so we can try to flash it on our devices as well. Of course, you need CWM to make that easy.

I will send you the link to download CWM in private because I guess it's not allowed to post here, also the instructions on how to install it are below:

2- Put the battery back and hold Power-On and Volume Up buttons at the same time until it stats the bootloader.
3- In your PC install HTC Sync Manager if not yet installed but if you already have the drivers you can bypass this step.

Code:

wait until it finishes successfully, then choose the recovery menu from your bootloader (use Vol-Up, Vol-Down and Power to select).

* Please note that for first time, CWM recovery may take a while or you may need to press Vol-Up to make it appear. Once the interface appeared don't press Vol-keys or it would restart.. You can start interacting with it using the touch screen.

I'm also obliged to warn you that this may brick your phone because it involves flashing, so if you device is not compatible or you didn't follow the steps carefully any thing can go wrong I honestly don't know what might go wrong!

This warning is forwarded from other posts where I got my instructions for first time, although everything worked smooth for me.

hi to all
i will be great full if i can get a link to the rom
i was searching for that .....even i want to bought it from same company..but they refused..
i will be thankful..regards

Reactions: catalinburtea

catalinburtea

Apr 17, 2011

Code:

Thanks a lot, mate, I finally managed to flash CWM (the one you sent) and do a factory reset.
I do have the Chinese version of the ROM but is tampered with by the seller (some Chinese apps removed). Do you think it's worth sharing this ROM?

Also, I have 2 more questions:
1. Last night I found 1 system update available while connected to Wi-Fi, I downloaded it but couldn't install (I think it's called OTA update). Is this because the phone is unlocked and rooted?
2. Since I first tried to flash another version of CWM, about 2 weeks ago (which didn't work, by the way) my phone charges very slowly - about 10 hours from 0 to 100%. Anyone got any idea why? Because at first it took about 2-3 at most.

Thanks!

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012
hi to all
i will be great full if i can get a link to the rom
i was searching for that .....even i want to bought it from same company..but they refused..
i will be thankful..regards

I'm adding the CWM Recovery file in my post attachment, so you can download it.

Attachments

• cwm-T528w_recovery_PA2.img
    6.3 MB · Views: 1,412
Reactions: heXor21

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012
Thanks a lot, mate, I finally managed to flash CWM (the one you sent) and do a factory reset.
I do have the Chinese version of the ROM but is tampered with by the seller (some Chinese apps removed). Do you think it's worth sharing this ROM?

Also, I have 2 more questions:
1. Last night I found 1 system update available while connected to Wi-Fi, I downloaded it but couldn't install (I think it's called OTA update). Is this because the phone is unlocked and rooted?
2. Since I first tried to flash another version of CWM, about 2 weeks ago (which didn't work, by the way) my phone charges very slowly - about 10 hours from 0 to 100%. Anyone got any idea why? Because at first it took about 2-3 at most.

Thanks!

If you have the chinese rom itself I guess it won't be different than what I've.

I also have received the same OTA update but I didn't install it.. I just downloaded it so that I can check its contents and probably remove unnecessary updates. The update can be found (if downloaded) in /sdcard/Downloads as a zip file starting with OTA* and I guess it can be installed by CWM Recovery but not really sure. I will try and let you know if it would work.

Also, in regards to the battery I guess the problem may not be related to software but if you are trying to recharge using PC it's usually slower than charging directly from a power source.

Try to charge it while it's turned off, is it the same?

Reactions: drs_sa

drs_sa

May 10, 2007
france
hi
thanks to all
thanks VisuM for ur attachment
to know.... this rom is the good one.. and it is different from what we have ...so can u post a linke pls catalinburtea...
actuly i have been deal wiyh two company et**** and mi******* and i bought t328w from the first and t528w...from second...
realy i was sorry.. to change from the first...which provide mod.. as with mr catalinburtea...which is much better from chines one...
for ur information this is anther rom from chines which much better and has all google application...(but i was not able to install it .. can any one help..)...i hope no problem to post a link :D
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?anno=2&depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://bbs.xda.cn/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D11228216%26extra%3Dpage%253D1%2526filter%253Dtypeid%2526typeid%253D4130%2526typeid%253D4130&usg=ALkJrhgqrxfH4R9fRSeFA-w9EZ1egQMtGA
regards

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012
hi
thanks to all
thanks VisuM for ur attachment
to know.... this rom is the good one.. and it is different from what we have ...so can u post a linke pls catalinburtea...
actuly i have been deal wiyh two company et**** and mi******* and i bought t328w from the first and t528w...from second...
realy i was sorry.. to change from the first...which provide mod.. as with mr catalinburtea...which is much better from chines one...
for ur information this is anther rom from chines which much better and has all google application...(but i was not able to install it .. can any one help..)...i hope no problem to post a link :D
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?anno=2&depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://bbs.xda.cn/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26tid%3D11228216%26extra%3Dpage%253D1%2526filter%253Dtypeid%2526typeid%253D4130%2526typeid%253D4130&usg=ALkJrhgqrxfH4R9fRSeFA-w9EZ1egQMtGA
regards

Thanks for sharing the link, I've started downloading it and I may give it a try.

The direct link for downloading that ROM is the following:

pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=137728&uk=2703550168

When it opens, select the white button on the right (not the blue one) to start downloading.

Reactions: drs_sa

drs_sa

May 10, 2007
france
Thanks for sharing the link, I've started downloading it and I may give it a try.

When it opens, select the white button on the right (not the blue one) to start downloading.
hi thanks for posting direct link..appreciated ...
let me know if u can instal it ...and ur way....
WE NEED...MR catalinburtea... ROM......PLS
regards

Last edited:

VisuM

Sep 25, 2012

I downloaded it that ROM but it didn't get installed because when flashing it said wrong device id. It appeared to me that it's meant for another devices which is HTC One ST. Although the two may be very much similar it would need a tweak to make it flashable on SU.

On another subject, I tried applying the OTA I received using the stock recovery but it failed at somepoint. I also tried to remove the incompatible files and apply it using CWM but the result caused gapps to fail. However I didn't see any thing new worth to be used. There're two new apps HTC Car GPS and HTC Mode and few other changes in Screen lock but nothing special.

drs_sa

May 10, 2007
france
hi VisuM
thanks for feed back
since our friend he did not post a link to his rom....
i have contact eto**** for there rom... and they told me after 2 month from issue it will be to public.25 euro...so as soon i get it i will post link to u and for other in this thread... so everybody keep tune:laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: catalinburtea

catalinburtea

Apr 17, 2011
hi VisuM
thanks for feed back
since our friend he did not post a link to his rom....
i have contact eto**** for there rom... and they told me after 2 month from issue it will be to public.25 euro...so as soon i get it i will post link to u and for other in this thread... so everybody keep tune:laugh:

Sorry, mate! The truth is I've been rather busy lately. It's not that I don't want to share my ROM, the fact is I really use the phone right now and I'm starting to lose my patience regarding the lack of resources for this phone. It's a great phone, I love it, but I did so many factory resets lately, I even lost some data on the SD card.
I've been trying to backup my ROM using CWM (thanks again VisuM!) and I think I don't know how to make a proper backup or save the entire ROM as .zip and then share it.
Maybe one of you guys tell me how to do a good backup and then share it on some website, trust me, I'll do it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Falseclock-2.1.0 custom rom

Based on latest OTA 2.13.1402.1

CHANGELOG
    1. Most of European language added
    2. Google and others are enabled (twitter, facebook ...)
    3. Google Apps added as system applications
    4. Root installed
    5. Busybox installed
    6. Fully deodexed and zipaligned
    7. SIM cards signal strengh changed
    8. Battery percent icons added
    9. SIM cards standby data connection type icons changed
    10. WiFi icons changed.
    11. Fixed location search for Weather and Clock using system locale.
    12. System application HTC One SU Tweaks for mods management
    13. Mod added Automatic call recording
    14. Mod added Preferred data slot
    15. Mod added Rosie landscape
    16. Disabling Quick Settings via tweaker
    17. Fixed font size for Messages
    18. Highlighted phonetical letters on Dialer

PREREQUISITES
    1.Make a backup of everything before doing anything.
    2.bootloader must be UNLOCKED.
    3.CWM recovery (fastboot flash recovery T528_recovery_PB1_working.img)

INSTRUCTION
    1. Download script and put on your SD card.
    2. Reboot to CWM recovery
    3. Choose install zip from sdcard
    4. Choose choose zip from sdcard
    5. Allocate zip file and choose Yes
    6. Wait until flashing finished
    7. Power off your device
    8. Boot to fastboot (Vol up + Power)
    9. Download boot.img
    10. Flash manualy new boot: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    11. Reboot and enjoy
    12. to disable power saving icon in tasker
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    pm disable com.htc.htcpowermanager/.powersaver.PowerSaverNotificationReceiver
    >>> Download custom ROM here <<<

P.S. This is latest version of my Custom rom. First of all I'm tired. Secondly I do not see that it is necessary for someone. No thanks, no reports, no anything talking some using my job.
    Too bad that you feel like that, man! We rely on your works. Does that mean there's no more patches?

You know I've been trying to support your efforts but obviously you have decided already.. hope you would change your mind.

2.2.0 ROM
    boot.img
    2.2.1 UPDATE

instruction as before, 2.2.1 install over 2.2.0
    based on last ОТА 2.15.1402.

CHANGELOG
    1. Tweak: disable APN notification
    2. Tweak: disable power saver
    3. Tweak: disable SMS Report notification in status bar if Delivery reports is switched ON. Messages in chat anyway will be marked as Received, but will relieve you of notification in the status and slider bar.

BE CAREFULL DOWNLOADING, SOME DUDES FOUND VIRUSES INSIDE STOCK ROM
    Modified Boot Image for False Clock 2.2.1 image

I have modified boot.img for False Clock image 2.2.1.

I have changed the ramdisk to make adb run as root.
    Changes done are in ramdisk/default.prop

Code:
    - ro.secure=1
    - ro.allow.mock.location=0
    - ro.debuggable=0
    - persist.service.adb.enable=0

+ ro.secure=0
    + ro.allow.mock.location=0
    + ro.debuggable=1
    + persist.sys.usb.config=adb

with this change you will get "#" instead of "$" in adb shell. ;)

New boot image is attached.
    By the way, for those interested I may soon release a custom ROM for T528w. :fingers-crossed:
    Sorry, mate! The truth is I've been rather busy lately. It's not that I don't want to share my ROM, the fact is I really use the phone right now and I'm starting to lose my patience regarding the lack of resources for this phone. It's a great phone, I love it, but I did so many factory resets lately, I even lost some data on the SD card.
    I've been trying to backup my ROM using CWM (thanks again VisuM!) and I think I don't know how to make a proper backup or save the entire ROM as .zip and then share it.
    Maybe one of you guys tell me how to do a good backup and then share it on some website, trust me, I'll do it!

The correct steps to generate a clean rom (you should have sdcard with some free space):

1- Reboot to recovery and click once the Vol-Up (to access CWM interface).
    2- Go to Backup and Restore from menu.
    3- Click on Backup (this will generate your full original backup).
    4- After it completes, Choose Go Back to main menu.
    5- Click Wipe data/factory reset then Yes.
    6- Click Wipe cache partition then Yes.
    7- Click Backup and Restore
    8- Click on Backup (this will generate the rom you can share).
    9- After it completes, Choose Go Back to main menu.
    10- Go to Backup and Restore
    11- Click on Advanced Restore
    12- Choose the earlier backup (which you generated in step 3) there must be two backups with different time.
    13- Select to restore data then restore cache, you may also want to restore sd-ext if it's available.
    14- Go Back then Reboot the system.

You will then be back without losing any data. You can also get the rom you generated last from sdcard at /clockworkmod/backup/ just compress that folder and send it to us. Make sure you select the right folder, you should notice the folder's data file is smaller than your original one.

If you feel confused about these steps or you don't understand them very well please DON'T DO IT until you get the idea how it works.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Hello again!
    I also downloaded that ROM and tried to flash it with CWM, but it didn't work, I think there may be something wrong with my phone - still, I'm glad factory reset still works. As for the OTA, I already gave it up.
    As I was saying in a previous post I'm very unhappy about my phone charging so slow, which is starting to make me grow tired of it and think about selling it.
    Anyway, I'm glad to see that you're still on the job, being one of the most active in this thread.

Nothing wrong with your phone, that ROM doesn't fit the HTC One SU.

Btw, in regards to your charging problem try the following:

1- Charge it while it's turned off, and from the power source direct and not from USB and see if there's an improvment.
    2- If not solved, try to Replace the charger (use any other charger like Samsung) and see if it helps.
    3- If not solved, your battery might be the problem especially if it dies quickly, try to replace it if it's not that expensive because it would just be a test.
    4- If none of the above worked, you would need to report your phone for warranty replacement. I guess HTC warranty should cover it internationally.

Good luck.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

For those who would change their boot animation, you can do it as below:

1- Download a boot animation from sources like:
    http://androidbootanimation.com/
    http://rootzwiki.com/forum/239-boot-animations/
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1642888
    or just google it.

2- Mount your system folder writable (you can use ES File Explorer or Root Explorer for that).

3- Go to /system/customize/resource using any file explorer

4- Rename the file CU_bootanimation.zip to CU_bootanimation-bak.zip

5- Copy your favorite bootanimation to that folder and rename it to CU_bootanimation.zip

6- Remount your sysem as read-only.

7- Restart and enjoy.

* You can do the same for CU_downanimation.zip to change shutdown animation.

* You can change or disable the boot and shutdown sounds by renaming the files:
    Boot_up_music.mp3
    Shut_down_music.mp3

in the same folder. (To disable them simply change their names to something else).

I also tried to change the Initial boot logo (or splash screen) but I guess it requires to have S-off.