[Q] USB Debugging grayed out/disabled

Search This thread

dcartwright

Sep 12, 2008
I just bought a Sprint Optimus G today. The first thing I was going to do when I got it home was root it and investigate good ROMs. In the developer options, the check box for USB debugging is grayed out and I cannot select it. I have rooted android devices before. I'm running cyanogenmod on my Nexus 7. I had seen that people were able to root and unlock this phone which was the final thing that let me make up my mind to buy it. Any suggestions or am I just completely out of luck?

ozymandia

Mar 10, 2011
istanbul
My tablet has the same greyed out debugging mode issue and also I can't even charge when I connect it to my pc with usb cable. With my charger same cable works. And nomatter if it is connected or not usb debugging mode is always grey. Any suggestions?

This is the device:
Brand: General Mobile Tablet
Model Name: e Tab 4
Android Version: 4.2.2
Kernel: 3.0.40-mehmet
jenkins-r@jenkinsr11-buildserver#1
Wed Jan 29 13:55: 13 KST 2014
Build Number: JER09.GMM01.UDA29

Marmotta38

Oct 20, 2015
Hi here, I have the same issue with galaxy note 10.1 (android 4.4.2, not rooted) and I haven't found any solution so far. I have enabled developper tools, and the switch is green OK but even then, the "USB debugging" checkbox stays grayed out. I've tried with USB connected, not connected, I have reboot my tablet, nothing changes.
So I noticed that when the tablet is connected to the PC via USB, even if the PC does recoginses it (I can browse in the tablet's directories from the PC, the tablet never charges through USB, even at a low ratre or whatsoever.
But my main concern is with not being able to enable "USB begugging". Can anyone help here please ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You cannot switch mode with the USB plugged in. Take the USB out and then switch to USB debugging

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app
    What ROMs?

Sent from my LG-LS970 using xda app-developers app