Harman Kardon headphones

Search This thread

xLoveHateLegend

Feb 3, 2011
California (SoCal)
So, the sales rep at the Sprint store told me that the headphones bundled with the Harman Kardon HTC m8 were great headphones. Since the beats audio headphones that came bundled with the m7 were probably my favorite headphones ever, I decided to give these ones a shot.

Quite frankly, I think they suck. I think they're definitely headed on the right track (ie. +/- volume buttons, pause/end call button & the little sliding piece that can be detached), but these were definitely a miss for me. If I take a single step, these things fall right out of my ears. I've tried every size ear bud that they came with and to no avail; these are pretty much useless to me unless I'm stationary, which is rare. I miss being able to answer my phone with a single button.

What do you guys think of these headphones?

P.S. Anyone want to trade me their m7 headphones for the Harman Kardon ones? :p

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
So, the sales rep at the Sprint store told me that the headphones bundled with the Harman Kardon HTC m8 were great headphones. Since the beats audio headphones that came bundled with the m7 were probably my favorite headphones ever, I decided to give these ones a shot.

Quite frankly, I think they suck. I think they're definitely headed on the right track (ie. +/- volume buttons, pause/end call button & the little sliding piece that can be detached), but these were definitely a miss for me. If I take a single step, these things fall right out of my ears. I've tried every size ear bud that they came with and to no avail; these are pretty much useless to me unless I'm stationary, which is rare. I miss being able to answer my phone with a single button.

What do you guys think of these headphones?

P.S. Anyone want to trade me their m7 headphones for the Harman Kardon ones? :p

Same here. Maybe we just have...weird ears...lol. The only way they stay in for me is by using the smallest size covers and then jamming them into my ears...which will work for 20 or 30 minutes but they eventually work themselves loose just by the movement of my head. Which is usually a relief since my head has started to hurt from having them jammed in there by then anyway...

Mine are neatly packed up with the rest of my $5- $10 earbud headphones.....

xLoveHateLegend

Feb 3, 2011
California (SoCal)
Same here. Maybe we just have...weird ears...lol. The only way they stay in for me is by using the smallest size covers and then jamming them into my ears...which will work for 20 or 30 minutes but they eventually work themselves loose just by the movement of my head. Which is usually a relief since my head has started to hurt from having them jammed in there by then anyway...

Mine are neatly packed up with the rest of my $5- $10 earbud headphones.....

Well... Seeing as I lost my m7 headphones, and am doubtful I'll find another pair that's just as good without spending a pretty penny... I'm just rocking these ones. Even though it's kinda miserable, what is an audiophile to do? Being an audiophile is half the reason I fell in love with the 'one series' in the first place.

But it's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like they swindled me with some cheap $5 headphones lol...

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Well... Seeing as I lost my m7 headphones, and am doubtful I'll find another pair that's just as good without spending a pretty penny... I'm just rocking these ones. Even though it's kinda miserable, what is an audiophile to do? Being an audiophile is half the reason I fell in love with the 'one series' in the first place.

But it's nice to know I'm not the only one that feels like they swindled me with some cheap $5 headphones lol...

Well, I've been carrying my studio -quality Sennheisers around with me....not the most convenient nor fashionable of answers but they do sound incredible after manipulating the 7 band equalizer just the way I like it. =)

xLoveHateLegend

Feb 3, 2011
California (SoCal)
Well, I've been carrying my studio -quality Sennheisers around with me....not the most convenient nor fashionable of answers but they do sound incredible after manipulating the 7 band equalizer just the way I like it. =)

I'm not sure what those are! But what kind of music do you listen to, if you don't mind be asking?

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
I had the same problem. What worked for me was applying super glue to the ear buds before using them. The only downside is that I can't seem to get then it off my ears for the last week, which has created some ackward situations at work the last couple days.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
I'm not sure what those are! But what kind of music do you listen to, if you don't mind be asking?

**Good** Dubstep (there really is such a thing^^) Or whatever rap collaboration catches my ear for the week(puts on flame-proof mittens).... I listen to a lot of other genres as well but those are my 2 main staples and my production is a mix of the two. =)

Reactions: tjeeeeee

xLoveHateLegend

Feb 3, 2011
California (SoCal)
**Good** Dubstep (there really is such a thing^^) Or whatever rap collaboration catches my ear for the week(puts on flame-proof mittens).... I listen to a lot of other genres as well but those are my 2 main staples and my production is a mix of the two. =)

Haha nice! I love dubstep myself, but I'll always be a hardcore kid at heart. Anyways, my prerogative for asking you, was to see if you would grace me with your EQ settings haha. I could use some dubstep EQ's.

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
Haha nice! I love dubstep myself, but I'll always be a hardcore kid at heart. Anyways, my prerogative for asking you, was to see if you would grace me with your EQ settings haha. I could use some dubstep EQ's.

Truth be told I'm drum and bass at heart, lol. Just haven't kept up with that scene and have yet to find any I like as much as my old school favorites, haha.

Well, what app do you use for music? Also, let me know what Rom you're using and whether you've enabled any audio related kernel tweaks (i'm using several), I'll try to give you something you can plug right in to your setup^^

Lol you came from the MoPho 4g too? Haha, rocked that phone and miss the hell out of the keyboard >.<

Did you know you can fully brick a phone even though it boots up fine and can install any ROM on it? Lol................

Last edited:

getinnocuous

Apr 23, 2011
Honestly, for the past few months I've found that cheap earbuds that I pick up from Best Buy and such just won't fit my ears properly. At least both at the same time. I've got some $15 Sony earbuds that fit perfectly in my right ear, but the left ear just slips right out, and even when it's nestled in my ear as snug as possible, I get absolutely no bass. This was the case with the Harmon Kardon earbuds until like a few days ago, when they just magically started fitting my ears pretty nicely. I always, always have to start with the right ear, placing it in a certain way and then pressing it in until it feels practically stuck, then moving onto the left earbud which fits perfectly. Don't know what kinda black magic was preventing me from wearing them comfortably before (I pretty much had the same experience as the Sony ones I mentioned earlier), but now I use them pretty regularly with the standard size covers. Don't know how much they're worth, but the sound is good enough for listening on the go, which allows me to keep my nice headphones at home.

By the way, I wouldn't say this song is straight up drum n bass, but it's definitely influenced by it, even some familiar sounding breaks in it ;) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeJbLw2mK9o&feature=kp

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had the same problem. What worked for me was applying super glue to the ear buds before using them. The only downside is that I can't seem to get then it off my ears for the last week, which has created some ackward situations at work the last couple days.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk