[DEV] CyanogenMod 9.1 / CyanogenMod 10 by MacławStudios (update: 02.09.2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

bagnz0r

Feb 14, 2012
Szczecinek
bagnz0r.pl
Hey everybody.
A girlfried of mine wants an newer version of android on her phone.
She actually has a rooted 2.3.6 Gingerbread with Stock-Rom.
I also installed CM9 on my SGS. Are those both version of CM9 ICS
for ACE and SGS compareable?
Are there any heavy bugs in there? The girlfriend only want to use this
phone for all-day-use.

Greetings ;-)

Damn... Wish my girlfriend was a tech maniac as well. :O

Pank789

Aug 25, 2007
Mumbai
Hey everybody.
phone for all-day-use.

Greetings ;-)

Dont update her phone she will spend more time on checking out new feature on phone.. :D

jolle-pe

Aug 18, 2010
Near Hannover
Dont update her phone she will spend more time on checking out new feature on phone.. :D

That's a problem i also fear :D
But is this release ready for the all-day-use without any big bugs
which where heavy to handle? I mean.. i speak from a girl who use this phone.
I dont want calls from her like "What is a force close and why does the camera flicker" :D

xarive

Dec 14, 2011
Georgetown, Ayer Itam
That's a problem i also fear :D
But is this release ready for the all-day-use without any big bugs
which where heavy to handle? I mean.. i speak from a girl who use this phone.
I dont want calls from her like "What is a force close and why does the camera flicker" :D

No, don't flash this CM9. As you read in the first post, if you did, camera doesn't work. I don't think girl's would alive without a camera. :p

P/S: Video acceleration also currently doesn't work right now.

008bond

Oct 27, 2011
There is also a little bit of flickering and since the phone does not enter deep sleep, it has poor battery life. If you flash it, your girlfriend will leave you.

FinnAndJake

Nov 28, 2011
:D.... they are all exaggerating about ur gf.... the devs will be more excited to speed up the fixes if u post the screenshot of ur gf ....haha...:p lol

*think im gonna post my gf photos saying that she needs iCS sooo badly......:D

SMillerNL

Sep 6, 2011
Amsterdam
Camera for gio works, so...excited...can't...wait. Gonna flash my little brothers gio, just to see mclaw's awesome work

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

jolle-pe

Aug 18, 2010
Near Hannover
:D.... they are all exaggerating about ur gf.... the devs will be more excited to speed up the fixes if u post the screenshot of ur gf ....haha...:p lol

*think im gonna post my gf photos saying that she needs iCS sooo badly......:D

Ladies... it's not my gf ;-)
She's just a good girlfriend of mine ;)
But if it helps to speed up the development, i'll be the last
who wouldn't help :D

scoffyburito

Aug 16, 2011
Camera for gio works, so...excited...can't...wait. Gonna flash my little brothers gio, just to see mclaw's awesome work

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

So the camera for ace works! *distasteful joke*

Sent from the Nokia Galaxy Nexus Arc 5530 Live with Walkman S2 XL XE S X 3G CDMA LTE T-mo PSN Certified Plus with Beats Audio

ASHLEY117

Jun 9, 2011
Someshire
Samsung Galaxy S21
secure rom?

when updating su binaries i noticed that su couldn't mount system as ro,
root explorer cannot change it bk to ro either.
seems unsecure for all to be rewritable and executable by group and others in permissions.:confused:

iHades

Jan 21, 2012
York

I was laughing at Beats Audio to be fair

Hey everybody.
phone for all-day-use.

Greetings
Julian

Don't update her phone just yet, if she's not the type that likes tweaking and tinkering with her phone then this ROM is just not for her. You'll have to wait until ROM is out of the Beta stage, and maybe even until the final update.

maxadamo

Sep 16, 2009
Rome
Samsung libcamera is too much connected with GB and it doesn't matter what I add to framework, it's still cannot connect to camera. I have fixed camera for Gio, so I'll do it for Ace.

Wysłane z mojego GT-S5660 za pomocą Tapatalk

How about the kernel module gspca ? It works on some other ICS device, and supports hundreds of cams under Linux.

As for the hotspot wifi I see on another device a module named hotspot_event_monitoring (but this is something I am only deducing from the name. Not sure).

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

M

Macław

how about the kernel module gspca ? It works on some other ics device, and supports hundreds of cams under linux.

As for the hotspot wifi i see on another device a module named hotspot_event_monitoring (but this is something i am only deducing from the name. Not sure).

Sent from my gt-p1000 using xda app

Camera is working in kernel, it's only problem with libcamera!!!!

I don't have break from school now, like at last two weeks, so you must be patient and wait a few days ;-)

Last edited:

crueldevil19

Oct 20, 2011
ace general thread has 17 times more posts as compared to gio.....but the quality of developers for gio are astounding......if it wasnt for maclaw, ace ICS development would have gotten to a standstill in the absence of wayland...

maxadamo

Sep 16, 2009
Rome
ace general thread has 17 times more posts as compared to gio.....but the quality of developers for gio are astounding......if it wasnt for maclaw, ace ICS development would have gotten to a standstill in the absence of wayland...

I have no idea what happens on that thread (and even don't know how galaxy gio looks like). Anyway you are right. We all appreciate their big effort.

P.s.: Guys did any of you notice the good quality of audio? It's really impressive in my opinion.... In my case with Google Music, as Cyanogen Player doesn't work for me..... I don't know if it happens because I activate some stuff in DSP Manager... Anyway I'm happy with Google player.

M

Macław

I have no idea what happens on that thread (and even don't know how galaxy gio looks like). Anyway you are right. We all appreciate their big effort.

P.s.: Guys did any of you notice the good quality of audio? It's really impressive in my opinion.... In my case with Google Music, as Cyanogen Player doesn't work for me..... I don't know if it happens because I activate some stuff in DSP Manager... Anyway I'm happy with Google player.

Big thanks ;-)
It means you're enjoying my new libaudio ;-)

Last edited:

zekepliskin

Oct 12, 2011
P.s.: Guys did any of you notice the good quality of audio? It's really impressive in my opinion.... In my case with Google Music, as Cyanogen Player doesn't work for me..... I don't know if it happens because I activate some stuff in DSP Manager... Anyway I'm happy with Google player

I did actually. It sounds better than my old setup with CM 7.1, even with identical DSPManager settings. Impressive stuff - as if it's an entirely new, better audio chip.

I think my favourite thing is the font rendering, it's so iPhone-like in comparison to the (still very good) CM 7 builds: smaller but more readable, which means fitting larger amounts of text on screen. Have had some browsing related problems, but that is probably because I have desktop user agent (don't like scaled down mobile site versions).

Looking forward to Beta 4 or Release Candidate 0 or whatever!

Oh, and if anyone thinks that their screens are a tad flicker-y, here's what you do.
Firstly, change the window animations , and transmition animations to 0.5x. You can do that by going to settings -> Developer options, scroll down, and change them.
Secondly, enable 16-bit transparency. You can do that by going to settings-> Performance, and tick the box.
Now, reboot, and enjoy :-D The only downside to this is that it makes the cursor a bit hard to type with.

My quick test with these settings gives me much smoother animation, and for my money the keyboard is less laggy too, great because I was getting annoyed with trying to use Talk and Messaging and having more mistakes than usual. ;)

Reactions: Skyliner90

SjPedro22

Apr 2, 2011
Camera is working in kernel, it's only problem with libcamera!!!!

I don't have break from school now, like at last two weeks, so you must be patient and wait a few days ;-)

Well Maclaw, you and the team have done so much that you deserve a break from here...and besides your future is much more important than a successful ICS build.
Ignore the people begging,the requests for ETA's....just do what you must for the best future possible.

The builds,the firmwares,the modules and of course the community will be here waiting and rooting for your success. Both academic and in development :)

Reactions: tyraelasd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have forced developer to leave. Well done :rolleyes:

It's time for my comment:
    Every developer ends his career, but you can do this in a different way. We (mods) are going to investigate the whole situation and find out if and who stoled the sources. KANGing is a serious violation. Now you are only attacking each other and searching for guilty, which is childish and immature behavior. I don't understand, why on earth aren't you leaving this to moderators. Are you looking for thanks, glory etc.? Android is an open sourced project, which should give us fun and joy - not money. XDA is not the place to make money. Full stop.

Now we'll try to end this war.
    Well done people.

This thread remains closed.

Tom
    Thread remains closed.
    1. Use the bug tracker to report bugs.
    2. Use the thread in General to chat.
    3. This thread is a sticky to keep it on the first page.
    4. I'll reopen it when Macław or other developer would ask me to do that.
    Today I had little fun with working on camera drivers!
    So, camera application is not crashed at start. liboemlibrary loads with no errors, start even preview thread, but no preview image yet.

2.png

Here is logcat: http://cs.fill.ee/android/logcat_cam

It's a little goal reached. Moving next)
    You have to learn some new rules...

Over 100(?) posts deleted, many warnings, around 20 infractions...
    Stay on topic - next time ban hammer will go down.
    so this was yesterday morning / early afternoon and you still havent released the changelog

why lie to us

p.s mod's stop deleting my posts on this thread when you accept them everywhere else !!! at the end of the day we aint allowed to ask ETA's so why are dev's allowed to lie and give us false information about release times of information / roms !!!

I am sorry that you feel that XDA is your own personal tech support site. Maybe you should read the XDA Mantra. I will attempt to nip this in the bud right now.

Get this and get it clearly. Devs do this for free. You donate out of the goodness of your heart but it in NO way gives you the "purchasing power" to demand anything from a developer. This entitlement attitude you have is despicable. Your attitude has helped to contribute to the state of our site.

XDA-Developers exists for the developers and you come here and contribute of your own free will - and you donate of your own free will. Period. You don't like it - don't donate and don't download. You don't like that - go somewhere else.

Let's break this down a little bit here - XDA is....
    • XDA is a developers site
    • XDA is a free forum you are ALLOWED to use. We could make it invite only
    • XDA is and always will be about the developers. And before you say without the users there would be no XDA, Bull****, who do you think used the stuff before normal people even knew what a smartphone was......wait for it.........other developers. People that could give good feedback with relavent info. Not just "dahhh this is broken, please fix".

XDA is not....
    • XDA is not a place to come and make your phone cool.
    • XDA is not the cool place for idiots to hang out.
    • XDA is not your friends house
    • XDA is not a democracy
    • XDA is not a place to make Money.

That is all. Whomever decides to continue this line of reasoning and try and complain about a developer not acceding to your demands will earn themselves a nice short vacation from XDA.