Smoothest Home Screen Yet!

Search This thread

V8RWD

Apr 2, 2012
GO Launcher v2.87 Beta.. just came out.. highly recommended!

The last one was great.. but this one takes the smoothness level to a whole new level.

My home screen is cluttered with icons.. but is finally stutter free !

Link: h t tp://golauncher.goforandroid. com/2012/04/go-launcher-v2-87-beta/

omnimanx1

Dec 1, 2007
Last edited:

dante2512

Apr 11, 2012
Benton, KY
I still prefer ADW for gingerbread and Apex for ICS roms. Seems like go launcher always sucked extra battery on my devices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Romee74

May 3, 2011
Love the newest update soooo smooth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

andrawer

Jun 3, 2011
Wow its definitely a LOT faster on my Note.

The only thing that bugs me is the smooth/slow transition when launching apps. Compared to Apex in which the apps launch very quickly. It's like Go launcher is almost toooo smooth in that respect.

I'll also monitor battery use via "bad assbattery monitor" since the last version definitely used more battery than other launchers.

It is my favorite launcher even though I switched to Apex the last week. I'll give Go another try:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
I just installed the beta and I don't notice any difference at all. That being said, go launcher is my favorite Gab launcher and definitely smoother than all of them except touchwiz.

littlewierdo

Dec 10, 2010
I just installed the beta and I don't notice any difference at all. That being said, go launcher is my favorite Gab launcher and definitely smoother than all of them except touchwiz.

Take a read thru the description on the blog, all the changes are there.

Namely, the major change I like is the new method for adding shortcuts, widgets, etc. Long press any empty area on the screen and instead of the ugly menu, a list is displayed at the bottom.

Also, the app drawer (the screen that shows the list of apps) is also much better.

Is it more fluid/smooth/faster? Eh...

It could still be better but its never going to be as smooth as IOS due to how Android works vs IOS. Android physically moves each pixel around on the screen using 'math' to determine where each pixel should be drawn, one pixel at a time, then draws the frame, repeating frame by frame where as IOS uses pre-processed pictures in rapid succession similar to how film on a projector works.

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
It is smooth. I have noticed some lag coming back to the home screen from go SMS. It takes awhile to populate the icons then its fine.

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
Just downloaded beta2 and it seems better. Will see.

ChronoReverse

Jun 14, 2010
Anyone get choppiness when going into the App Drawer on this? Is there a way to turn off the transition animation altogether?

InfiniteNomad

Apr 6, 2011
Don't wanna appear to be hatin on Go launcher, cuz I've used it well over a year. I've got a new fav- SS launcher. Very smooth, highly customizable. Give it a shot!

Sent from my SAMSUNG NOTE, using xda premium.

E_engineer

Mar 31, 2012
Houston
The app drawer is just as choppy as it ever was. Mine is mostly slow entering the app drawer. I would also be in favor of cutting off the animation all together.

I am experiencing no lag on the home screen. The app drawer has a tiny delay opening it but other than that I think it works great. Still waiting for second day of battery testing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

khaytsus

Apr 8, 2008
Central Kentucky
No Go. After random nonsense with their apps, including dragging phones down to their knees with running logcat hundreds of times in an apparent public debug release, no. Avoid all Go junk.

Plus... ios look? really?

schrochem

Jul 21, 2011
Beta 3 is up. Beta 2 I had no battery issues. Actually go has never given me battery problems to over a year and two phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GO Launcher v2.87 Beta.. just came out.. highly recommended!

The last one was great.. but this one takes the smoothness level to a whole new level.

My home screen is cluttered with icons.. but is finally stutter free !

Link: h t tp://golauncher.goforandroid. com/2012/04/go-launcher-v2-87-beta/