Do screen protectors really help?

Search This thread

kimtyson

Oct 30, 2006
York, Pa
LeEco Le 2
^^^ Sorry, couldn't keep my ADD focused on the long post.

I don't think a screen protector hurts but I also don't think they are mandatory with the Gorilla Glassed Inspire. I have been nude for a couple of months and no sign at all of wear. It's all a matter of what kind of care, and use, you subject the device to. Are you in construction? Do you pocket your device? Just use common sense but it is a strong piece of glass.

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
Helps with keeping away the ocd hairline scratches that inevitably build up over the life of the phone.

kraze1994

Sep 29, 2011
I would say they do, yes.

I cannot imagine using my phone without one, dirty fingers and the occasional drop on cement. Definitely worth the 50 cents for one.

ericpbritt

May 7, 2011
Cave City KY
I have the Zagg protector on mine and it has done very well. Kinda suck not getting to see how really nice the screen is though. One suggestion, iof you keep the phone in you pocket, keep the screen facing your leg so you dont crack the screen bumping into stuff, and dont put anything in that pocket.

inspire4gfreak

Dec 18, 2011
Belgrade
worth every dime spent on them

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

and yes, advice ericpbritt gave you is very useful

R

RootTheNoob

I've never had one, I take care of my phones though. I've never gotten one large or visible scratch on my screen, I don't like the feeling of screen protectors or the look, you never see the full resolution/niceness of the phone. But if you're clumsy and put your phone in pockets with other items or carry it around within your purse and etc. Just get one, then it is a good investment.

sportscrazed2

May 11, 2011
I don't use one and i only have one tiny scratch. i've dropped it granted on carpet, used it as a flashlight under car seat with lots of dust and crap, and got it stuck between couches metal frame and yet it's still only has one unnoiceable scratch. i say you don't need one but then again fingerprints are starting to drive me crazy and they are dirt cheap on places like ebay

dylando808

Apr 3, 2012
Hawaii, USA
screen protectors have saved my butt on many occasions where i put my phone in my pocket and some sand gets in there (i live near a beach). but recently i took it off because it was just too scratched up but didn't bother to replace it because i'm loving the feeling of glass. so i may keep it this way for while.

MM57677

May 21, 2012
Round Rock, TX
They are probably effective in certain situations but I took mine off after a few weeks because it makes the screen harder to see. Just my preference.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

jkm2282

Feb 13, 2011
They are probably effective in certain situations but I took mine off after a few weeks because it makes the screen harder to see. Just my preference.

Same here. I like my phone without a case and a screen protector. Should probably get a screen protector but I tried a couple and didn't really liked them.

Reactions: MM57677

PickledJaW

Dec 13, 2011
Springfield
I personally always use a screen protector on my phones. I pretty much plan on having them for a while and I just want to make sure I don't have scratches. Between my pocket and my desk at work, there are plenty of chances for something to scratch it. I feel better knowing I at least have something on there.

mikea29

Jul 28, 2012
Virginia
I always start out with a case and screen protector. Eventually though, as the phone gets older, I will remove the case, and then finally the screen protector. By the time I notice scratches, it is time to get a new phone. If you are clumsy, I definitely recommend getting one

Intellectua1

May 8, 2012
Seattle, Wa.
I never use screen protectors or cases.. I don't drop my phone cause its always either in my hand or pocket and if its in my pocket nothing else goes in that pocket so it doesn't get scratched

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I717 running Paranoid Android v4.1 Jellybean...

Reactions: scorpiopantera

ghostryder12

Jun 26, 2009
Northern California
I never use screen protectors or cases.. I don't drop my phone cause its always either in my hand or pocket and if its in my pocket nothing else goes in that pocket so it doesn't get scratched

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note I717 running Paranoid Android v4.1 Jellybean...

Pretty studly there. That's great that you can get around accidents. Sweet:beer:

Sent from my Inspire 4G

scorpiopantera

Jul 13, 2011
Mesa, AZ

+1

I have never used a screen protector either. The only reason I use a case is because I like my case. Lol

Meurdar

Jan 13, 2012
NYC
i would have to recommend the one that comes with otter box its really clear and has held up great

andrews317

Sep 26, 2011
Honduras
I have used screen protector since I got my Inspire (1 year ago). I've changed it three times, and in every change I notice my screen is just perfectly clean. My screen protectors do receive a lot of damage during time, even when I always carry my phone on my pocket without anything else in the same pocket and with a hard case. Changing screen protectors three times in a year doesn't really bothers me at all.

dobriy

Aug 12, 2012
I find the screen protectors distort colors and making it harder to read the text, also they make the touch sensor a bit less sensitive.
So when my phone is in my hand or pocket I don't use any protection, as usually it's pretty safe (you just have to remember not to put the keys in the same pocket as the phone:). But when the phone goes somewhere else (e.g. backpack etc) I use the Seidio Holster - it protects the front (i.e. the screen) very well and also sometimes is useful if I am wearing jeans - it allows to strap the phone to the belt as getting the phone out of jeans pocket can be quite tricky. :)

jhpianist

Aug 18, 2012
Get Ghost Armor. I've had it for a year now and 2 devices and they replaced it for free with the insurance replacement.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    45fd9419-96ea-2f67.jpg

Just put them on.
    Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    ^ lulz

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    A thin piece of plastic (screen protectors) don't prevent the screen from shattering from a fall, just scratches in the screen, which the Gorilla glass does perfectly without distorting the color/hindering the screen sensitivity.

A case is made to absorb some of the impact force that would normally shatter the screen.

It would save it from having the chunk missing from the bottom right :rolleyes:

Sent from trells smashed dHD
    ^ I agree.:D

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Same here. I like my phone without a case and a screen protector. Should probably get a screen protector but I tried a couple and didn't really liked them.