LG UK Refusing Repair - say there is water damage

Search This thread

longshanks

Apr 12, 2005
I sent in my LG E900 for repair to Regeneris in the UK and a week later I receiced a letter saying that the repair would cost £175. I called LG who said the technician had said there was water damage.

I blew a fuse as I said there had never been any water damage. I have looked after my phone and its 1.5yrs old but it looks in good condition. I know I have never dropped it in water. The phone started to switch off randomly until it stopped turning on.

Initially LG refused repair as they said the phone only comes with 12 months warranty but my warranty card stated 24 months. I had to email them a copy of the card.

Now they are saying either I pay £175 or pay them £23.50 to return the phone.

What should I do. I want to fight this as I am very angry at LG. I can say catergorically there has been no water damage.

longshanks

Apr 12, 2005
So I received the Engineers report - well 4 pictures showing the damage.

Their assessment was the damage indicates liquid ingress as their are signs of corrosion but no water sensor has been tripped. They also accepted that this corrosion could be caused by moisture build up in normal day to day useage.

So either the phone was not fit for purpose when sold -ie a bad design letting moisture build up or the damage was not caused by liquid ingress. I put this to them and the repair company said not our concern take it up with LG.

So I have sent the emails to LG. The repairers cannot say 100% that liquid ingres caused damage as no sensor has been tripped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    even samsung will not repair in warranty, water damaged phone are never covered in warranty. Thats y looking for Xperia Z