[Q] Galaxy S III i9305 Wifi Problem

Search This thread

riunoob1

Nov 24, 2012
Good day,

I have a samsung galaxy s3 i9305 LTE and I have been using this device without problems for around 2 years now. It runs on Jellybean 4.3 baseband version i9305zhucnb1. It has been running on this firmware for a couple months now ever since it has been rolled out. The problem is, the WIFI suddenly stopped working. Never had this problem before and I actually never had any problems with this device ever. Whenever I turn on WIFI, it detects my home networks and other networks wherever I go but whenever I try to connect, it just shows saved secured, and sometimes authentication error after a couple of attempts. I have other WIFI devices at home and all are working perfectly. I tried forgetting the networks and I am positive that the WIFI password is correct. I tried to restore the device to facroty settings hoping that it would work. I tried accessing my router and I'm sure my device isn;t blocked. I even configured my routers to only accept the mac address of my device and block all others but still wouldn't connect. I tried rooting my device via odin but my device blocks root access and shows the error message "an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. this attempt has been blocked.". I tried rooting it to try flashing custom roms. I also tried dialling *#0011# to configure my wifi but it still does not work. I don't think that the problem is my firmware because I had it for months and it didn't update before the issue occured. I was also about to try downgrading it to an ICS stock rom since I can't root it to try custom ROMs. I've been trying to fix this for days now. Can you guys give me a step by step instruction on how to fix this if it is at all possible? And maybe give me a link where I can download ICS or lower stock ROM's for this device. I think I have to use a TGY firmware, though I don't have an idea what it means. Thanks! :)

Justas A.

Aug 10, 2014
Wifi module

Maybe you've dropped your phone and the WIFI module loosened, and it can't work correctl?

Good day,

I have a samsung galaxy s3 i9305 LTE and I have been using this device without problems for around 2 years now. It runs on Jellybean 4.3 baseband version i9305zhucnb1. It has been running on this firmware for a couple months now ever since it has been rolled out. The problem is, the WIFI suddenly stopped working. Never had this problem before and I actually never had any problems with this device ever. Whenever I turn on WIFI, it detects my home networks and other networks wherever I go but whenever I try to connect, it just shows saved secured, and sometimes authentication error after a couple of attempts. I have other WIFI devices at home and all are working perfectly. I tried forgetting the networks and I am positive that the WIFI password is correct. I tried to restore the device to facroty settings hoping that it would work. I tried accessing my router and I'm sure my device isn;t blocked. I even configured my routers to only accept the mac address of my device and block all others but still wouldn't connect. I tried rooting my device via odin but my device blocks root access and shows the error message "an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. this attempt has been blocked.". I tried rooting it to try flashing custom roms. I also tried dialling *#0011# to configure my wifi but it still does not work. I don't think that the problem is my firmware because I had it for months and it didn't update before the issue occured. I was also about to try downgrading it to an ICS stock rom since I can't root it to try custom ROMs. I've been trying to fix this for days now. Can you guys give me a step by step instruction on how to fix this if it is at all possible? And maybe give me a link where I can download ICS or lower stock ROM's for this device. I think I have to use a TGY firmware, though I don't have an idea what it means. Thanks! :)

riunoob1

Nov 24, 2012
nope

I just charged it overnight and when i woke up, it just stopped working. where is the wifi module? the wifi does turn on and it detects wifi. it just doesnt connect. whenever i try to connect to a network, it shows saved, secured and sometimes authentication error.

andjeomilosrdja

Jul 26, 2014
Novi Sad
I just charged it overnight and when i woke up, it just stopped working. where is the wifi module? the wifi does turn on and it detects wifi. it just doesnt connect. whenever i try to connect to a network, it shows saved, secured and sometimes authentication error.

Maybe it's time for factory reset?;) I know that's the easy solution and most complicated but you should do it from time to time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

promo87

Perform a complete factory reset

Maybe it's time for factory reset?;) I know that's the easy solution and most complicated but you should do it from time to time.

Well, i think this may be the time to perform a complete factory reset ! :eek: try backing up your data and perform a complete factory reset. :eek:

riunoob1

Nov 24, 2012
nope

already tried factory reset, already flashed stock rom. already reset wireless router and the router is a non-issue because i tried on several networks.

riunoob1

Nov 24, 2012
help

i decided to have it checked by a local technician and according to them, this was still a software issue. i dont know what to do anymore. they insisted that i should just keep flashing stock roms to fix these. already tried flashing the 4.3 tgy jellybean stock rom so i was thinking of flashing other version stocks. can anyone give e a good link where i can download tgy stock roms 4.1.2 or even ICS stock roms. I also am having problems with rooting the device. it gives me error message "an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. this attempt has been blocked." after flashing autoroot in odin. my knox is not installed. thanks.

andjeomilosrdja

Jul 26, 2014
Novi Sad
i decided to have it checked by a local technician and according to them, this was still a software issue. i dont know what to do anymore. they insisted that i should just keep flashing stock roms to fix these. already tried flashing the 4.3 tgy jellybean stock rom so i was thinking of flashing other version stocks. can anyone give e a good link where i can download tgy stock roms 4.1.2 or even ICS stock roms. I also am having problems with rooting the device. it gives me error message "an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. this attempt has been blocked." after flashing autoroot in odin. my knox is not installed. thanks.

If they think it's a software problem,why didn't they fix it?:confused:

riunoob1

Nov 24, 2012
dont know

the first time i brought this to them is when i attempted to flash an incompatible firmware. they also did not fix it. they said they dont have any available stock rom for i9305 and told me to download and flash one. mayba im just gonna have to look for a different technician when i have free time. so for the mean time, im trying to look for other fixes. btw, i tried downloading a tgy 4.1.2 stock rom and it does not flash successfully. for now i'm thinking of rooting and flashing custom roms. but whenever i flash auto root. it gives me the error message "an application attempted to access system on your device without authorization. this attempt has been blocked.". i tried updating supersu still the same thing. i manually installed root checker and says it does not have root access and it shows the said error message again. what should i do with that? Thanks