02/06/2012 DISCONTINUED FOR NOW WCX ILLUMINATI SERIES AT&T Inspire 4G ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
W

Wild Child

Suggested flashing rules...fully charge battery...flash rom...before rebooting out of cwm...delete battery stats,then let rom load...if battery is not fully charged you will get less battery life....Also if youve flashed any other scripts for voltage etc, it will conflict with what was built into the rom

WC

Running the 3.0 Sense Based on 3.12.405.1 with EXT4 support and liking it so far although I am experiencing pretty significant battery drain compared to the last ROM I was running. Going to give it another day and another full charge before I make the decision to go back.
I am still running my stock radio (which performs good for me) so not sure if not having a matching RIL may cause the drain?

Thanks.

Last edited:

jpeepers

Feb 7, 2008
Colorado
Suggested flashing rules...fully charge battery...flash rom...before rebooting out of cwm...delete battery stats,then let rom load...if battery is not fully charged you will get less battery life....Also if youve flashed any other scripts for voltage etc, it will conflict with what was built into the rom

WC

That's pretty much what I did. Nothing extra added. Like I said, going to give it another day to see if it settles in. It's not bad, just not what I have been used to so it seems bad to me.

I was running Cleardroid 1.2.5 before and was getting a unbelievable 2 full days out of a charge. Running the exact same apps and setup with this ROM I am getting a day (maybe a little more) so about half what I was getting previously.
I'm also not so sure that the auto brightness is working as good as it should? seems to be really bright some times but it could be just me?

It may be the RIL/Radio mismatch also but I don't know that much about it.

fernandezhjr

May 4, 2009
Highlands, TX
That's pretty much what I did. Nothing extra added. Like I said, going to give it another day to see if it settles in. It's not bad, just not what I have been used to so it seems bad to me.

I was running Cleardroid 1.2.5 before and was getting a unbelievable 2 full days out of a charge. Running the exact same apps and setup with this ROM I am getting a day (maybe a little more) so about half what I was getting previously.
I'm also not so sure that the auto brightness is working as good as it should? seems to be really bright some times but it could be just me?

Coming from ext3 with a stock kernel and sense 2.1 to ext4 with a custom kernel and sense 3.0, battery life is gonna take a hit. No way around that. Now if you are getting severe battery drain while using the phone, then I would wonder about an underlying cause of it. After flashing a few times, I typically experience some of this. A battery calibration always fixes it up. However, it sounds like the biggest part with you is a matter of what you had and what you are getting.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

W

Wild Child

Another thing is this,cleardroid isnt overclocked.....this being said....a full day+ on a overclocked rom is really pretty good actually...if your looking for much better battery life then i suggest the regular 3.0 rom...which is in the first post....

WC

W

Wild Child

oh boy...too lazy to hit three buttons for cwm recovery....lol...stout does a number on ya huh:p:p:D...I sent you instruction of what to do step by step...ya know imma mess with you now about this...lol

Yeah. But I need to get my recovery back. I WAS going to try out ICS, but I guess I'm on here for a while. Too lazy to install cwm. Ha

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA App

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
Just wait till I have my Dog Fish Head 120! Going to be ridiculous.

DroidRunner

Sep 29, 2010
I just flashed it using Rom manager. Thanks man. A lot.

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
I was going to suggest the same as far as flashing CWM with Rom manager.

I've been running 3.5 for 3 days now and I get about 18 hours of use out of it if I don't get crazy using it a whole lot. I used battery calibration widget from the market.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App

W

Wild Child

on the ****ty undersized battery thats actually pretty good....lol:p;)

I was going to suggest the same as far as flashing CWM with Rom manager.

I've been running 3.5 for 3 days now and I get about 18 hours of use out of it if I don't get crazy using it a whole lot. I used battery calibration widget from the market.

Egrier

Jun 4, 2009
Hiawatha, KS
That's what I was thinking. Now, that figure isn't a consistant one. I wish. Lol

s8int117

Dec 5, 2011
L.A.
www.speedtest.net
Done n done. Thank you so much, for the rom and all your hard work, all of you devs and testers. Been using it since its release and wow, just overall impressed. Love the UI, speed, reaction and d/l, great work once again. Running the 3.5 by the way, alongside rctweaks 2.0. Only thing is rctweaks u will loose h+ but no biggie for me.

You are good to go. The rom is ext4. For good measure, I would wipe caches and data both.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

clintb

Jan 8, 2007
I would love to try this ROM for my wife's phone, but good lord is that captcha on your site ridiculous.

edit: Sorry, I was trying to register for the direct links, but I can get it from the other links as well. Regardless, the captcha is unnecessarily difficult.

Last edited:
W

Wild Child

When the board gets hammered with spam,its necessary to make it a bit difficult....it was even harder before....actually i just looked at it again...and its not really that difficult...i was able to make it out

I would love to try this ROM for my wife's phone, but good lord is that captcha on your site ridiculous.

edit: Sorry, I was trying to register for the direct links, but I can get it from the other links as well. Regardless, the captcha is unnecessarily difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    what gmurphy said x2

Some mods for the new 3.5 base (1.22.461.2). You can flash battery mods on top of network mods and vice-versa. If it hasn't been said enough - YOU MUST FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY BEFORE FLASHING THESE. The ROM flashes stock recovery, which won't allow you to do this. Let me know if I screwed any icons up. I did test them all and they all flashed successfully - but I do get confused easily. Thanks UOT Kitchen for Battery mods.

Stock% Battery
    Stock.PNG

Circle% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Circle.PNG

Digital% Battery (Green->Blue->Yellow->Orange->Red)
    Digital.PNG

3G+ instead of H+
    3G%25252B.png

4G instead of H+
    4G.png

H instead of H+
    H.png
    OK, so I think I'm learning something now. I honestly thought you could wreck the phone with a bad flash. Guess I just need to relax.

But "The right way is never easy, The easy way is never right." for a signature would make one think a checksum would be a routine step.

Anyway! The ROM looks genuinely awesome! Guess I'll just close my eyes and flash. :)

WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.3

MD5: 224a7e6f6b516c047145ddc
    This is a battery with percentage. It is the green stock looking one with the yellow and red low warning colors. The yellow and red colors also flash during charging. The zip also adds flip animation. If you don't want the flip animation, just disable animation in display settings. The first file is for the 3.0 base and the second for the 3.5 base. Flash in recovery, mount system first.

edit: zip for 3.5 has been updated for the newest base on 1-3-12.
    And here is my contribution courtesy of the UOT Kitchen. This battery mod is for the new WCX_Sense_3.5_v2.4. Like homeslice said, you MUST flash the custom recovery. I like using the larger numbers for the battery. (old eyes) :)
    Both are modding systemui.apk and framework-res.apk. so whichever you flash last will be what takes affect. You would need to do the battery mod on the framework res.apk found in rctweaks. I'll do it..what battery do you want? Sounds like stock%?

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using xda premium

Here you go. Flash this on top of RCTweaks 2.0 to get H+ and Stock% battery and keep other tweaks. Thanks to UOT kitchen for battery mod.

Note: As previously stated, flashing these tweaks could be undoing changes/tweaks WildChild has made in some system files. This .zip contains the SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk from RCTweaks (and com.htc.resources from WC's 3.5 ROM) - so any changes WC has made to these first two files are overwritten - as well as a bunch of other files looking at RCTweaks. So Flash AYOR