Caller ID showing random facebook pictures

Search This thread

Code3VW

May 1, 2009
I have no idea what is going on, or why it started, but I've had this issue since I got my Droid 3, and I hoped that when I got my Droid 4, it would stop...

My phone is assigning random facebook pictures to people as their caller ID picture. I will get a phone call from friend A, and it will show the picture of friend B, or some other random facebook picture.

If I assign a picture to a contact on my phone (such as one I took with the camera), if I receive a call it will show the picture correctly, however, if I dial that person it will show some other random facebook picture.

For some people, the picture comes up correctly, but for many it does not.

Certainly there is some cache somewhere I can clear to fix this, right?

mccompunerd

Oct 29, 2008
Vancouver, WA
If you have FB contacts syncing, the phone will try to auto pair them with your Google contacts.
Mine tries to tie my info that I have in Gmail for my alternative e-mails/numbers with my dad's fb info even though our display names are listed differently(he's in fb as Billy, and my info is under William)
If that's what's wrong to fix it, in contacts go into the contact that is messed up. Hit menu, and look for separate(under more).

Code3VW

May 1, 2009
Alright, so I am still having this problem, even after uninstalling the facebook apps...

I want to clear my Contacts Storage, but in Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Contacts Storage the "clear data" button is grayed out.

Any way to clear this WITHOUT doing a factory data reset?

Thanks!

Malnodnarb

Apr 2, 2011
Have you tried joining the contacts (I assume they are already joined), then setting the google profile as Default? That will make their name and photo the one you assigned to the google contact. Let me know if that works.