Can't download paid apps i receive Error 403 Android market.

Search This thread

android addicts

Jan 8, 2012
Hi!
I purchased Tasker android app on the android market 7th march. When i try to download that app i receive "Error Takser could not be downloaded due to and error. (403)". My bank confirm Google charged, but i can't download it. If i visit android market using web browser i can see i already purchased it. If i clear cache data on "Play store" app its not work? Are there any solution? :D

rauelius

May 19, 2011
Email google about this issue.

I'm having this issue with all my Android Devices....this is apparently a problem with google. I've been in contact with them and they said their were issues with teh conversion to Google Play. I've been dealing with this for 2 weeks and have access to free apps, but I can't buy any. I've been forced to purchase apps from the Amazon Appstore. Google apparently doesn't want my money....I've been sending emails to google and the developers of the apps I purchased (Scrubs and Cut the Rope: Experiments) and have had literally NO correspondence from google or the the developers. This sucks, as I just got my Prime and Picked up a Used A100, now Google is screwing me....Just some bad news...considering that it's been 2 weeks since this issue cropped up for me and the fact that Google (and it appears the developers) are ignoring my emails, I'm going to assume two things, Google doesn't care, suggesting you start a new google account and re-buying your apps, or it's a known issue and they just don't want to deal with us right now....I just want a straight answer....It could be months before this is fixed....I recommend emailing google ASAP.

Reactions: willypt

flipmode_11

Nov 24, 2009
Please wait...
I have the same issue. Galaxy S2.

I downloaded an application ($20) from a forum to test it before purchasing, now after uninstalling it, it says i've already purchased it!

So i go to click INSTALL (no Buy button) in the Market (Google Play) and it says error 403 or something..

I thought I would be smart and download the AppBrain appstore. Well the STUPID thing is there is no reason to ever use this, as it just opens up the Market and wants me to install again without buying!

I tried to do the same thing with the Amazon app store, but they too divert you back to the Market app (market:// I assume)

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can "reset" or make the market think I haven't purchased this Application, and be able to purchase it legitimately and support the developer and receive frequent updates form the developer????

Thank you very very much!

foxis1981

May 2, 2011
Don't worry dude, every android users are facing the same issue all over the world. It is the Google's side that is having issues.

My google play have your issue intermediately few days ago. :rolleyes:

hazeleh

Apr 4, 2012
I've had the same problem so I decided to use Wifi from home. I found that by using my home wifi that I was able to update. I know this doesn't help the problem if you are not connected to wifi but if you are at home - it might help

ZeroManArmy

Nov 23, 2011
Colorado
I have the same issue. Galaxy S2.

I downloaded an application ($20) from a forum to test it before purchasing, now after uninstalling it, it says i've already purchased it!

So i go to click INSTALL (no Buy button) in the Market (Google Play) and it says error 403 or something..

I thought I would be smart and download the AppBrain appstore. Well the STUPID thing is there is no reason to ever use this, as it just opens up the Market and wants me to install again without buying!

I tried to do the same thing with the Amazon app store, but they too divert you back to the Market app (market:// I assume)

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can "reset" or make the market think I haven't purchased this Application, and be able to purchase it legitimately and support the developer and receive frequent updates form the developer????

Thank you very very much!

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=23569397&postcount=16

zimphishmonger

Jun 4, 2009
Just started getting this error again. Anyone else? Tried clearing store cache, dalvik-cache and google framework cache. Still gives a 403 error when attempting to download a paid app.

Knightbird68

May 27, 2010
Elyria, OH
I just did a factory reset on my phone, and all my apps, free and paid installed no problem.. except Smart Keyboard Pro. It showed "purchased", I clicked it and told it to install (from the PC), and that was over an hour ago. I have restarted, and it still wont download, i get the 403 error each time..

I'm open for ideas...

teknthoozed

Nov 21, 2011
Florida
Thanks!

thanks, this did it...

Your suggestion works perfectly! Unfortunately, it is requiring me to repurchase an app I've already paid for and I don't want to repay. I know, I know $2.99 is not going to break the bank; but it's kinda the principle.:D No worries, if I don't find an alternative solution I will be forking over the cash.

bubonik

Apr 19, 2006
Portland
So I have had this ongoing issue as well for over 9 months. Tech support was a joke, like some of you have figured out.

Somehow, with no intervention from me, the problem fixed itself both on the website and the device. Not sure what happened, but im happy it did. I was fairly close to cutting all ties to google services over this, guess I dont have to now.

Here appslova.com have compiled solutions to fix error 403:
Method 1: The most common fix for most Android market or Google Play related errors.

Go to system settings>> Accounts>>Google>>remove your Gmail account
Now from settings>>Apps>>All> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1)
Now again go to settings>> Accounts>>Google>>Add your gmail account
Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Method 2-Clearing Proxy:

Go to settings>>Wireless and Networks>>More>>Mobile Networks
APN (Access Point Name)>>MOWAP>>Edit
Select clear Proxy option
Try to re-run the installation in Google Play Store
Method 3-Router Proxy Settings:

Open your router configuration or settings panel (example- typing 192.168.1.1 on the browser brings up the router settings on my TP-Link router)
Now find your filter settings>>Uncheck Proxy
If that didn’t work also uncheck Cookies box from the filter settings
Now install your app from Google Play
Method 4- Alternative Google account

Create another Google account if you currently have only one account
Open Google Play Store>>Press Menu button>>Accounts>>select the alternative Gmail account
Now try installing the app
Method 5- Browser Fix: I found this solution on Phonebuff.com.

Go to play.google.com on your Computer’s web browser (preferably Google Chrome).
Sign into your Google account (by hitting the sign-in button at the top right).
Search for the app you wish to purchase and download.
Open the app’s page up by clicking the title link.
On the “install” or “purchase” button, right click and press “inspect element.”
Above the row that will be highlighted, you’ll see several lines of code. Locate the “data-ispurchased=”true” code (near the bottom of the paragraph).
Double click on the “true” in data-is purchased=”true” and change it to “false” then press enter on your keyboard.
Now click on “installed” or “purchased” to buy the app as you normally would
These methods might seem like a lot of work but hopefully one of these methods will solve the 403 error for your Android.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Why don't you contact the developer with your order number and see if he can help
    Email google about this issue.

I'm having this issue with all my Android Devices....this is apparently a problem with google. I've been in contact with them and they said their were issues with teh conversion to Google Play. I've been dealing with this for 2 weeks and have access to free apps, but I can't buy any. I've been forced to purchase apps from the Amazon Appstore. Google apparently doesn't want my money....I've been sending emails to google and the developers of the apps I purchased (Scrubs and Cut the Rope: Experiments) and have had literally NO correspondence from google or the the developers. This sucks, as I just got my Prime and Picked up a Used A100, now Google is screwing me....Just some bad news...considering that it's been 2 weeks since this issue cropped up for me and the fact that Google (and it appears the developers) are ignoring my emails, I'm going to assume two things, Google doesn't care, suggesting you start a new google account and re-buying your apps, or it's a known issue and they just don't want to deal with us right now....I just want a straight answer....It could be months before this is fixed....I recommend emailing google ASAP.