[ROM][ICS 4.0.4][NTFS][3G] Megatron (CM9 based) [v1.1.6] (Cornerstone Available)

Search This thread
Really enjoy the ROM. I'm curious though is there any possibility of getting the stock MyCloud working with all the functions? I take advantage of splashtop and really don't want to install an alternative to my 3 PCs if possible. Thanks for the hard work. It is really appreciated on this end.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

primetime34

Jul 18, 2011
Same here. Had this issue for a couple of ROMs so far.
Right now:
Geuvor test15

Also, does anyone know how to get the gallery to accept different default app for video files? Sounds silly, but i can't get my avi's to open with MX through the gallery, even though I've set it as the default player.

I had this same issue when I was using titanium backup to restore all my apps after a rom flash. If I just did a flash and then reinstalled from the market and only used titanium for data restoration of the necessary apps I was fine and it fixed the problem.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

ricardopvz

Feb 5, 2011
Póvoa de Varzim
Just another style for banners, & 1 avatar ;)

Main Banner:
468x6010.gif

Small Banner:
247x4510.gif

80x8010.gif

Again, use it frelly :D If you still dont like it :eek: wait a while longer and you might get lucky :cool:

Thanks! Added to the 1st post

Firstly, Megatron is a massive improvement over every other ICS rom i've tried - no SODs or random reboots. So thanks!

Secondly, I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but would it be possible to consider having an option in Megatron Parts to invert the scrolling direction of the touchpad? Basically, to make it so that when you scroll down the touchpad, it actually scrolls down the page, instead of up?

Obviously, I don't know if this is even feasible, but just putting the idea out there...

Almost everything in possible. It's just a matter how hard it is to implement. I'll see if I can make that

Really enjoy the ROM. I'm curious though is there any possibility of getting the stock MyCloud working with all the functions? I take advantage of splashtop and really don't want to install an alternative to my 3 PCs if possible. Thanks for the hard work. It is really appreciated on this end.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Next version will have native support for Asus apps, and then I will include them in Megatron Parts. But I have to check is MyCloud works.

Never mind if you cannot port it. All you hace done is awesome!

Enviado desde mi Transformer TF101 usando Tapatalk

Don't worry. I'll try to make a sort of theme system. Instead of me adding more battery icons to the rom, you will be able to install a pack file in megatron parts which contains battery icons and then you can choose them in megatron parts. And of course I will make more things customizable.

But will take some time, so it's not going to be available soon.

Last edited:

msaraiva

Oct 28, 2007
Thanks! Added to the 1st post

Almost everything in possible. It's just a matter how hard it is to implement. I'll see if I can make that

Next version will have native support for Asus apps, and then I will include them in Megatron Parts. But I have to check is MyCloud works.

Don't worry. I'll try to make a sort of theme system. Instead of me adding more battery icons to the rom, you will be able to install a pack file in megatron parts which contains battery icons and then you can choose them in megatron parts. And of course I will make more things customizable.

Hi Ricardo. First, thanks for your hard work!

Does the native Asus app support on next version includes the keyboard and quicksettings toggles also?

Prograss

Mar 26, 2012

Just amazing. It's getting better and better. *thumbup*

I

I2IEAILiiTY

Secondly, I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but would it be possible to consider having an option in Megatron Parts to invert the scrolling direction of the touchpad? Basically, to make it so that when you scroll down the touchpad, it actually scrolls down the page, instead of up?

Obviously, I don't know if this is even feasible, but just putting the idea out there...

That doesn't even seem like a good idea lol. That'd confuse everyone for awhile

pmco

Dec 11, 2010
Barstow
I had this same issue when I was using titanium backup to restore all my apps after a rom flash. If I just did a flash and then reinstalled from the market and only used titanium for data restoration of the necessary apps I was fine and it fixed the problem.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I have never used TiB since starting this ROM back at 1.0.1. I have always just let the market re-push all of my apps. I had an issue with another ROM after using Titanium, so I just gave up on it for now. Since under this ROM, we don't have to do a "full" wipe between releases, I haven't reloaded any apps in a while.

What's weird is that under settings->apps, it shows MX player as having been set as the default app for AVIs, but in the gallery it still tries to open the default video player. What's even weirder is that under ASTRO or ES File Explorer, AVIs open with MX by default, but if I try to play them with the default player, it errors out. Under the gallery it attempts to play, but just sits there and spins.

I

I2IEAILiiTY

This is actually how it is on stock. When you change the pointer to the arrow it functions identical to a multitouch trackpad on a PC. It is quite intuitive actually.

Haha, ooooh. Well I've only had this tablet for 6 days now, and I was on stock for maybe two hours total, so idk.

skraam

Jul 11, 2010
ricardo when is next release planned? I'm still on last CS release, but can't wait to try megatron and tired of battery bugs and I think doc is loosing battery even when tablet is hut down. Will you return CS to megatron?

Last edited:

ricardopvz

Feb 5, 2011
Póvoa de Varzim
ricardo when is next release planned? I'm still on last CS release, but can't wait to try megatron and tired of battery bugs and I think doc is loosing battery even when tablet is hut down. Will you return CS to megatron?

I will hopefully release a new version this week (maybe wednesday)

And i'll see if i can make the cornerstone build available again

AstroTrain

Apr 13, 2011
Has anyone experienced the icons / widgets disappearing from the desktop? Has happened to me 3 times. Running this rom, guevver kernel test 15 and either stock or Apex launcher the icons vanish with only the live wallpaper showing. Had to reboot to clear the issue.

dragonfire353

Feb 24, 2011
Has anyone experienced the icons / widgets disappearing from the desktop? Has happened to me 3 times. Running this rom, guevver kernel test 15 and either stock or Apex launcher the icons vanish with only the live wallpaper showing. Had to reboot to clear the issue.

Ya happens to me occasionally as well..

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

ricardopvz

Feb 5, 2011
Póvoa de Varzim

Try to lock the launcher in memory.
That's a memory issue. Maybe you have many Widgets and live wallpaper (and maybe many apps open), which consumes a lot of ram.
Also if you have wake lock, uninstall it.

I'll try to make a sort of theme system. Instead of me adding more battery icons to the rom, you will be able to install a pack file in megatron parts which contains battery icons and then you can choose them in megatron parts. And of course I will make more things customizable.

Next version will maybe have the theme system.:D
Actually it is easier than I thought.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my new ROM based on CyanogenMod 9
    This includes more features that normal CM9 and also fixes so everything works like i should

From 1.1.0+ you need to install kernels provided in the link below or wifi will not work

Some quotes :D
    ricardo really listens to the users, and he has some great ideas where he is workig on, its a top dev for sure !
    I concur concerning the CM9 Megatron build. It is by far the best ROM running at this point. :)
    This is by far the most stable and consistent ICS ROM released so far. Damn good work Ricardo! :)
    Took this weekend to test other roms and no surprise, Megatron is the winner hands down!
    I mean, second place is so far back that it is unexplainable!
    Great work!

The cornerstone build is still the old CM9 (4.0.3) because it is not compatible with 4.0.4, so it doesn't have the new features

This rom is using stock kernel.
    Other kernels available in the link below

If you come from the previous CM9 rom with a custom kernel, you have to download it again through the new link because i've made some changes

Cornerstone build and old builds here: www.xdafileserver.nl

Features: All these are optional and can be toggled by Megatron Parts made by acquariusoft
    Quick Apps (video)
    Installable icons
    Horizontal recent apps (no need to restart SystemUI and wait 10 sec like in AOKP)
    Screenshot by long-pressing recent apps button (like stock rom)
    Mouse pointer in touchpad
    PS3 Controller support (Pairing instructions below)
    Notification power widget
    Dock battery in status bar
    And more

Cornerstone build bugs:
    ****ty wifi
    Clock may get stuck
    Battery stats may not work
    Widgets may not update
    Lockscreen may not work
    and more

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]1.1.6[/B]
    Fixed video playback in some players like BSPlayer
    Fixed HDMI
    This was also caused by a commit in CM9

[B]1.1.5[/B]
    Fixed video playback in flash player caused by a commit in CM9

[B]1.1.4[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Fixed Trebuchet settings not showing in settings
    Fixed storage shortcut not not apearing/disapeaing when checking/unchecking the checkbox in megatron parts
    Fixed screen coming from OFF state to ON state when closing lid
    Fixed screen rotating when docked
    Fixed notification power widget not working after applying a theme
    Replace the clock "h" in portuguese language with ":"
    Added option to allow rotation when docked
    Updated Megatron Parts (now it checks if there's a smaller update for download)

[B]1.1.3[/B]
    Fixed installable icons not showing in Megatron Parts ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26173232#post26173232"]here's an installable battery icon[/URL])
    This is a update only, if your version is below 1.1.1, you need to install 1.1.2 or 1.1.1 first

[B]1.1.2[/B]
    Fix Status Bar Toggle

[B]1.1.1[/B]
    Fixed SystemUI FC
    Fixed Quick Apps dot position in statusbar shadow

[B]1.1.0[/B]
    YOU NEED TO WIPE DATA!!! (or you can just delete this directory: /data/data/com.android.providers.media)
    Updated CM9 (new build (IMM76I), lots of changes and features, look in settings. There's also a theme manager)
    Fixed VPN issues (hopefully)
    Fixed Quick Apps in statubar not disapearing in lockscreen
    Improved Dock battery reading
    Build.prop tweak to make the device a bit faster and less out of memory errors
    Added new wifi drivers (now you need to download kernels from the link below)
    Added wifi direct support
    Added more asus apps compatibility (eg: MyLibrary, you can download it in Megatron Parts)
    Added ability to change nav bar buttons color and clock color
    Added more dock battery icon choices
    Added ability to toggle storage icon
    Added ability to change rotation delay
    Added ability to change Quick Apps arrow color
    Added SuperSu
    Added customizable navbar buttons
    Added customizable Quick Apps icon
    Added option in power menu to toggle statusbar
    Added ability to install user icons ([URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=26098054&postcount=2450"]details how to make this[/URL])
    Added option to change Quick Apps to the arrow mode when in potrait
    Added option to change device id (aka hostname)
    Added option to set wifi country code to US, EU or JP (if you select EU or JP, wifi channels 13 and 14 become available)
    Megatron Parts is now integrated into the ROM (can still be updated through the play store)
    And sorry for the delay

[B]1.0.4[/B]
    Fixed Wfifi AP not giving IP address
    Fixed storage settings FC when removing external storage
    Fixed notification power widget icons not updating
    Added customizable notification power widget
    Added dock battery in status bar
    Added choosable battery icon
    Added storage pseudo-notification (will be improved)
    Added Quick Apps on status bar (you can toggle it when acquariusoft releases a new version of Megatron Parts)
    Removed Dock settings (not needed)
    Removed folders from /Removable (they will be there if you use a kernel prior to guevor test15)

[B]1.0.3[/B]
    Fixed keyboard
    Fixed network name not showing in notifications

[B]1.0.2[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Added Notification power widget
    Added Option to disable sleeping when lid is closing (mainly for the Slider) (update Megatron Parts)
    Fixed rotation in the Slider
    Fixed down arrow when docked (was also not allowing quick apps to open)
    Fixed notifications height
    Fixed app not disappearing from quick apps when uninstalling
    Fixed quick apps showing in lock screen
    Fixed moving quick apps arrow
    Fixes some apps FC'ing when launched with Quick Apps
    Attempt to fix DRM

[B]1.0.1[/B]
    Fixed Cell standby on Battery stats

[B]1.0.0[/B]
    Quick Apps
    Horizontal recent apps
    Screenshot by long-pressing recent apps button (like stock rom)
    Mouse pointer in touchpad
    PS3 Controller support (Pairing instructions below)
    Wifi Hotspot fixed
    --------------------------------Megatron--------------------------------
    [B]29 Mar[/B]
    Android 4.0.4 :D:D
    Updated CM9
    New 3G driver
    No Cornerstone (not compatible with 4.0.4)

[B]28 Mar[/B]
    Updated CM9 ([URL="http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged+project:CyanogenMod/android_frameworks_base+branch:ics,n,z"]lots of changes[/URL])
    Fix mute key on dock

[B]27 Mar[/B]
    No more black screen when rotating
    exFAT support
    Spell Check working
    Attempt to reduce SOD

[B]25 Mar[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Revert to Stock Kernel
    Added cifs module to stock kernel
    New boot animation
    Fix 3G when tab is rebooted

[B]24 Mar[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Updated LatinIME+
    NTFS Support
    minor stuff

[B]22 Mar C[/B]
    Added asus keyboard

[B]22 Mar B[/B]
    Removed cornerstone app from normal build

[B]22 Mar[/B]
    Dock buttons works now (thanks dodava)

[B]20 Mar[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Blades kernel (oc support)
    init.d suport
    cifs support
    wifi changes

[B]18 Mar B[/B]
    3G data working
    Mobile icon automatically hides when no network available

[B]18 Mar[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Tab goes to sleep when dock is closed
    3G support (TF101G and usb dongle) (data doesn't work yet)

[B]11 Mar[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Battery dock working
    Replaced default keyboard with [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1528322"]this one[/URL], so various languages work with dock keyboard
    Battery stats doesn't show battery charging anymore when connected to usb
    Wifi improvements

[B]06 Mar[/B]
    Updated CM9
    Reboot to recovery now works
    Bluetooth fixed
    On screen keyboard now hides when docked
    Battery Stats working
    Face unlock working
    Status bar now updates (maybe not)
    New bootanimation
    build.prop ro.build.id fixed
    Minor fixes and tweaks

[B]02 Mar[/B]
    Wifi Mac address fixed (should fix issue with wifi users are having)
    Removed mobile network capability (mobile network strength in status bar gone)

[B]29 Feb[/B]
    Initial release

Don't use wipe scripts
    Do a normal wipe instead

Downloads:
    Rom, Gapps and kernels in this link
    http://www.xdafileserver.nl/megatron/
    ∞ thanks to Korumera for the server and the short url

Don't forget to download Megatron Parts by acquariusoft
    You have the ability to toggle this rom features and you also get rom updates among other things

Sources: http://github.com/ricardopvz

First time install instructions
    1. Download the rom and boot into recovery (duh)
    2. go to mounts and storage, format data, cache and system
    3. Do a factory reset
    4. Install the ROM
    5. Install gapps
    6. (optional) Install custom kernel
    7. Boot into ROM
    8. Download and install Megatron Parts
    9. Have fun!

PS3 Controller pairing instructions
    1. Connect your controller to the usb port and press PS button and test it to see if it works
    2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth > Menu (3 dot in upper right corner) > Pair PS3 Controller (and allow root access)
    4. Wait for it to pair
    5. Disconnect the controller from the usb port
    6. Turn on bluetooth (if not already)
    7. Wait for it to connect, if it doesn't press the PS button on the controller

Now everytime you want to connect you controller, simply turn bluetooth on and press the PS button on the controller and you're good to go

3G USB Dongle
    If you have a dongle with storage capabilities, do this first:
    Insert modem into pc and wait for driver to install
    check in device manager which com port is assignated to your modem
    download putty
    here the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe
    close every program related to modem
    run putty
    click serial below port number and then change port number to one previously founded
    click open
    write atz and press enter, modem should answer ok
    write ati and press enter, modem should give name, type, etc
    write AT^U2DIAG=0 and press enter, zero cd is now disabled

Just insert the dongle and wait 2 min max and the signal bar should show up
    If you have a dongle that works, tell me and i'll add it to the list

Huawei E220 (Tested be me)
    Huawei E180 (post and another)
    Huawei E1752 (post)
    Huawei E169 (post)
    Huawei E1550 (post)
    Huawei E173 (post)
    Huawei E1750 (post)
    Huawei K3765 (post)
    Huawei E160 (confirmed via PM by darktyroll)
    Huawei E270 (confirmed via PN by darktyroll also here)
    Huawei E1780 (post)
    Huawei E153 (post)
    Huawei E2010 (post)

ROM Signatures and avatars
    banner15.jpg

banner16.jpg

468x6010.gif

247x4510.gif

80x8010.gif

Thanks reisamm

attachment.php

Thanks scottyf79
    I'm really really sorry guys, but i've been really really busy.
    I'm not dropping support on Megatron, i've just been really busy.

But now i'm going to start working on CM10 and see how it goes, so Megatron next update will be with CM10. And it's going to take a while because many things have changed since i left.
    Also, now i'm not going to be so active on the forum as i was in the beginning.
    Ricardo, how is going on the development? I´m missing some Megatron´s update

I've been busy with other things, but i'm putting more features into the rom and i plan to have a new version this week.
    Also I see there is a few more nightly roms up for our cm9 im wondering if any of the changes will be integrated into megatron if any of the fixes or optimization's have not already been done in 1.0.4 before the cm9 team could start work

Either way looking forward to the next release :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

Yes, next version will have updated cm9 code.

Hey Ricardo, everything alright ? long time no hear from you :eek:
    If you are taking a break, you earned it man, enjoy it ! ;)

Everything is fine.
    I've been busy these days with school things, but I'm also slowing the development a bit(nothing to worry about). This rom is not the only thing in my life (but it is a big part of it).
    And yesterday I upgraded my Ubuntu to 12.04, so I was out of the PC for some time.

I want to release the rom as soon as possible, but is must be stable.
    I've been improving it (mainly the upcoming theme system).
    Now I just need to finish it, update the cm9 code, implement the new feature in megatron parts, test them and release.

Edit: CM9 ported the T-Mobile theme engine to ics.
    So much work for nothing